Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

setting up serious paranormal investigation team

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

we used to do reports but then stopped. like whats the point when you have to fill out 'found nothing paranormal' every other line. These days we only present a report when we find something worth reporting.

leddpipe wrote: »
    You do seem to enjoy them

oh aye, and you dont? ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

We (the PIGs) have a set report format we use for when we are asked to check a location. If someone asks us to investigate their home then presenting them with a report at the end should be expected. Theres some great software/templates out there and they are handy to lok abck on because the report doesnt change, unlike when you recall in your head how a night went.

i think PRAofI even created their very own reporting software.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭AI

For what its worth I think definitive, published reports would lend a lot more credibility to a 'serious investigation team'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

I'd be interested in joining such a group, I believe as a skeptic I could bring a unique view to a paranormal group. I've a strong engineering background and would be well used to using an evidence based scientific approach to problem investigating and solving.

Personally I don't believe in ghosts and poltergeists and stuff, but I'd be what I supposed you could call an open minded skeptic, in that I'd love nothing more than being able to see/witness something that I couldn't explain...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭paranormal

sounds good darragh29 few of us gonna meet at this paracon thing so i will pm the details when i know more

from what iv read here and elsewhere im gonna abandon the idea of bringing a medium to investigations for the moment .on the subject of publishing reports we are gonna publish any photos or video(that we think are worth showing) and a brief decription of how the nite went on our website(yet to be done) our it guy is working on it at the moment.and people can make what they like of them

whats the best equipment to use and what is just fancy gadgets with nice lights. we currently have gaussmeters, ir thermometer ,a few wireless cameras, a few laptops for the cameras a few hidef camcorders and a few digital audio recorders .just wondering what else we should have and what we dont need

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

There is no equipment made for investigating, everything used by investigators is used as they have yielded some results whether these are paranormal or not it up to debate.
    With that said, I find the best things to be your eyes and ears and also a camcorder or digital camera.

• Advertisement

Ziycon wrote: »
    There is no equipment made for investigating, everything used by investigators is used as they have yielded some results whether these are paranormal or not it up to debate.
    With that said, I find the best things to be your eyes and ears and also a camcorder or digital camera.
    thanks for the reply makes sense i suppose .although i would have preferred if you recommended buying something cool like night vision goggles at least then i could have justified spending money on something cool.justified to wife i mean

AI wrote: »
    For what its worth I think definitive, published reports would lend a lot more credibility to a 'serious investigation team'

we file all our data from each investigation etc , but sometimes theres just no point in making a report if there isnt anything of value to actually report. Initially we did - we even had case histories up on our site - but our rule of thumb now is to store all the recorded data etc (just in case the same investigation crops up again) but if we find natural reasons we normally verbally report this to the person concerned rather than type it up. It's pretty rare to find anything thats could even be remotely classed as paranormal though and thats just being honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭TechFreak

Hey Paranormal,

You definatly peaked my interest.Would you drop me a pm when you get a chance. Like you im currently trying to persude the wife to let me get those nightvision goggles. :)

Heard Aldi have them on sale next week ! Cant see it on their site though but was told by a lad in the job.I wait and hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭ghosthunter73

iamhunted wrote: »
    i think PRAofI even created their very own reporting software.

We do have a Paranormal Case Managment System which is free to an non-profit group. Great way to keep track of your cases progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

iamhunted wrote: »
    oh aye, and you dont? ;-)

:D

So has anybody actually investigated anything that is worth reporting? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Jessica xxx

paranormal wrote: »
    sounds good darragh29 few of us gonna meet at this paracon thing so i will pm the details when i know more
    Id be interested in joining in to

So has anybody actually investigated anything that is worth reporting? :rolleyes:

So nobody's investigated anything worth reporting?
    Makes ya wonder!

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

Makes ya wonder!

It certainely would :o

Makes ya wonder!

Different people have different views on what 'worth reporting' means. Has anyone any solid proof of the paranormal? I cant say - but if they did would anyone believe them? I dont think so.

Therefore you'll find a lot of groups may have their own finds that they keep to themselves as really, its not something you can 'prove' very easily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Jessica xxx

paranormal wrote: »
    naas county kildare
    Ill join in, im not far from naas at all. I know it well infact.
    Let me know the details, when , where etc...... PM

DelIPIC wrote: »
    Correct me if i'm wrong , but isn't that the same process that we all use?
    that was the idea of this post to get advice on what methods people use .not to brag about what we are gonna do

DelIPIC wrote: »
    Try some old school methods aswell, dowsing rods , very easily made . A black bin liner with talcum powder or flower sprinkled onto it, and candles are very useful for finding hidden drafts . Also laser trips, and motion detectors can come in very handy. If you want to experience what a real investigation is like we're holding an open investigation in Ross Castle on the 18th.

Derek
    Irish Paranormal Investigation Crew
    derek@irishparanormal.org
    thanks for that

Advertisement