Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

setting up serious paranormal investigation team

Options
  • 30-09-2009 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

i am in the process of setting up a paranormal investigation team .currently we have 4 members and are looking for more so if your serious let me know (by the way its not as exciting as the tv ).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Where are you based?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭paranormal

naas county kildare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Too far for me Im afraid.
    Best of luck in your search.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

If its not too far away the Dublin Paranormal Convention is a great place to meet potential new team members. We had a load of people ask about joining teams last year.

thanks will do my best to get there and check it out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭TechFreak

Sound interesting.

But what do you mean by serious?Do you mean that you will be investigating using scientific principles or are you going to be doing it Derek Acorah style?

we are gonna try and do both use a medium and if any contact made take readings using emf meter and temp readings ,and record all sound on digital recorders and use hi def video cameras to record everything.that way we cover all bases. as i say we are only starting out on this so we are not pros (yet).still looking for a medium so if any are interested let me know

we are also in the process of setting up a website and any footage or photos worth a look will be posted there.we recently investigated wicklow goal with the medium angie freeland now that was a busy nite

Hmm..

Is there any group that doesnt use a medium. Surely by using a medium your automatically removing yourself from being impartial in investigating any paranormal phenomena.

Yeah there are a couple but most groups use one now and then. Sometimes a place will specifically ask that a medium is brought along.

• Advertisement

we thought to use a medium they might steer us in the right direction to start of an investigation. we will not use a medium as the only form of investigation .but we have been trying to get a medium to join for awhile now none seem interested so doesnt look like we wil have one anyway.and if anything was found completely unexplainable then use the medium again

The problem I have with bringing a medium is this.

If you are in a room with a medium and an orb of light appears they may say , thats the spirit ive been sensing of Billy the 16th Century Shoe Shiner who was killed after he fell in love with a noble woman ( as they all do). She then ( as per usual) died the generic 3 days afterwards of a broken heart ( its like the bubonic plague of ghost stories).

If you are in a room without a medium and an orb of light appeared , the first thing Id think is...Wow thats Ball Lightining.

The mere presence of a medium pre disposes you to the existense of an entity.

i agree with with some of what your saying but if an"orb"appears why not investigate both sides the mediums side and then scientificly with emf/temp and have video to study afterwards at least then you can study all sides

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

we've toyed with the idea of mediums in the past but its never panned out. things can get too complicated.

any advice for a new group of investigators setting out considering we have had some experience (and contact)in the past and we know that we will be cold and bored most of the time

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

TechFreak wrote: »
    If you are in a room with a medium and an orb of light appears they may say , thats the spirit ive been sensing of Billy the 16th Century Shoe Shiner who was killed after he fell in love with a noble woman ( as they all do). She then ( as per usual) died the generic 3 days afterwards of a broken heart ( its like the bubonic plague of ghost stories).

Thats why you have an archaeologists or a historian along to call that bull**** out. If anyone believes that crap (and alot do) they have no business investigating anything

iamhunted wrote: »
    we've toyed with the idea of mediums in the past but its never panned out. things can get too complicated.

lol.

_44531110_doctorwholizo_gall10.jpg

did we hit a nerve there grimes

paranormal wrote: »

oh god no, just a little joke i hope iamhunted gets :p

that was one of the few investigations I wasnt present at. I wish it had been video'd.

Well, the 'psychic exodus' part.

• Advertisement

What you'll have to realise is that there is quite a busy paranormal community in Ireland and its not faceless. A lot of us have met, had drinks, argued, worked together, argued some more, another drink, some bitching for good measure and kissed and made up :)

You're part of that community now. For better or worse! Just know there are groups and individuals around who you can throw questions at work with.

well im sure we will meet at the paracon this year

6th wrote: »
    What you'll have to realise is that there is quite a busy paranormal community in Ireland and its not faceless. A lot of us have met, had drinks, argued, worked together, argued some more, another drink, some bitching for good measure and kissed and made up :)

You're part of that community now. For better or worse! Just know there are groups and individuals around who you can throw questions at work with.
    well i like the sound of another drink and a good debate but all this kissing is worrying

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭AI

Do any Ireland based "paranormal investigators" publish results of there investigations?

I mean stuff beyond 'there was a bad feeling' kinda thing.

I'd like to see is evp recordings, photographic, video or any other genuine evidence of investigations

tbh theres not always a lot to report other than 'it was the heating', 'it was the plumbing', 'it was an ID10T error'.

Most groups will have something like an EVP section on their site - but getting things that 'may' be EVPs are difficult enough.

well i like the sound of another drink and a good debate but all this kissing is worrying

The arguments are the best bits

AI wrote: »
    Do any Ireland based "paranormal investigators" publish results of there investigations?

I'd like to see is evp recordings, photographic, video or any other genuine evidence of investigations

Some do but there has been instances of groups publishing their EVP recordings but finding out that they were not as geniune as they had hoped. As a result alot of groups would be wary about putting "evidence" up on a forum or website. If you testify that something is evidence then you are saying 100% that it is paranormal. If it surfaces that it is not, all credibility from the group is gone.

G

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

iamhunted wrote: »
    The arguments are the best bits

You do seem to enjoy them

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Grimes wrote: »
    Some do but there has been instances of groups publishing their EVP recordings but finding out that they were not as geniune as they had hoped. As a result alot of groups would be wary about putting "evidence" up on a forum or website. If you testify that something is evidence then you are saying 100% that it is paranormal. If it surfaces that it is not, all credibility from the group is gone.

G
    Can you not make it available in a such a way that you are not putting it up as evidence of anything? Just 'this is what we found, opinion please?'

And even though I do hold with all the medium type stuff, I think bringing such people on an investigation is for entertainment value only, to make the night more interesting for spectators. :) Any investigator worth their salt will surely bear in mind that a medium is a regular person, not a precise piece of machinery, and can have many fubar moments, i.e. is not always right, so what they say can be slotted into the mixed bag of collected material, but not held as empirical evidence of anything.

• Advertisement

AI wrote: »

I think the idea of a report is an excellent suggestion. If you are worried about the best way to present it Grimes prehaps a workshop could take place at the convention were various Paranormal Groups could come to some sort of memorandum of understanding on how to report of such investigations.

I understand that every investigator has different techinques , but surely you can agree on a format of the report.

Advertisement