Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everest Marathon

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Rusty Cogs 08

Nice -sounds like a really fun trip. How did you training in Wicklow compare :D

Well in fairness to the Himalayas of Leinster, if you were to head up for a couple of laps of the upper lakes of Glendalough tomorrow morning it wouldn't be a million miles away, don't forget to put a peg on your nose and breath through a drinking straw though.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Rusty Cogs 08

I saved the report for a slow day in work today and am delighted that I did. An exceptional account of an incredible race. The photo of the Boards AC singlet may be from one of the most remote parts of the earth these singlets will ever see.

So.... ho hum.... What's next?

The heated socks and the vollyball (?) were left behind but the singlet had to come.

What next indeed. I don't think I'll be signing up for something that requires so much organisation (but a lot of that would have been required for any trek in Nepal). Dunno, I'm open to suggestions ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Fantastic read. Congrats on a great race and a brilliant report.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭MCOS

Just came across this now RC. WOW what a read and super account of your adventure. Great stuff well done :)

Advertisement