Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEAC: The Mall, Reading - 7th November

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Few of the hawks are up for this, just a few questions.

Is it a milsim story based game?

Is it ammo limits?

Is it full auto as you please or restrictions on full auto?

Is it only irish people going over playing or will there be plenty of locals on site?

Is it midcap required or hicaps and boxmag central?

I think those questions are what most of us have in our mind, but personally i wouldnt be interested if it wasnt milsim based, because cqb and indoor with unlimited ammo and full auto is usually ****e.

Get back soon, want to know if this ais a runner for me so i can get paid up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭chakav

Is it a milsim story based game?

It will be more of a filmsim game. Think 'Heat'. 1/2 of the players are going as bank robbers (Suits, Shirts & Ties) and the other half of the players will be FBI (Woodland/Green Load-outs) or Police/SWAT (Jeans, Shirt, Bullet-proof vests). FBI and Police will be allocated relevant badges and (non-fluffy) handcuffs. Each team will be given a set of objectives for the day to be completed chronologically to win the day. Other surprises with regards to props and 'characters', i'd like to keep under my hat. Me, Michal (Quality Airsoft Supplies) and the site operator are coming up with more ideas every day.

Is it ammo limits?

The scenario will drive the ammo limits situation at any one time in the game. IE: The Bank Robbers could only bring with them what they could carry into the bank and subsequently into the Mall, The advance police forces are only equipped with pistols and shotguns (or AEGs SemiAuto Only). SWAT show up with Automatics, Bank robbers overrun SWAT team and take the ammo, etc. etc. If you need me to be more clear on this aspect, please PM me for more specifics. As Airsoft is a honour based game, a certain amount of trust will be placed in the players to abide by ammo limits.

Is it full auto as you please or restrictions on full auto?

"Some areas of the game area will be single shot only, therefore RIF's that are incapable of firing on single shot will not be allowed in those areas." According to the site operator, the entire lower level is semi-auto only because it is very tight corridors and is predominantly dark. With regard to other areas, hopefully the ammo restrictions of one's team will curb enthusiasm to empty mags willy nilly.

Is it midcap required or hicaps and boxmag central?

Whilst we dont want to alienate people who don't own midcaps we will be actively disriminating against the boxmag fraternitiy. With regard to Loadouts, our rule of thumb would probably be 10 midcaps / 3 HiCaps for the first part of the day and the same in the afternoon. But as I said above, the scenario will drive the loadouts with the cooperation of the players.

Is it only irish people going over playing or will there be plenty of locals on site?

The Mall usually opens on a Sunday. We are going over on a Saturday because nearly everyone doesnt want to arrive home monday at 6.30am and go to work.The site is putting on a special day for us, so there will be no locals playing. As somebody pointed out to me, this is good for 3 reasons, we get to run our own scenario, we dont get owned by a crack team who play there every week and the stairs / elevators / doors dont get clogged up with loads and loads aof players.

If you have any other ideas on how I can tighten this up, please tell me. We are just learning here and we really want to have a great day. All input greatly appreciated mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Just being told this clashes with an event we said we would attend here in Ireland, sorry but good look.

Thanks for taking the time to anwser my questions it sounds the business alright, and I hate missing excuses to wearing the suit :(

TheDoc wrote: »
    Just being told this clashes with an event we said we would attend here in Ireland, sorry but good look.

Thanks for taking the time to anwser my questions it sounds the business alright, and I hate missing excuses to wearing the suit :(

No bothers mate, maybe next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭billy.fish

hey chakav,

Should have those deposits on the way to you tomorrow,

let me know if we need suits or not :)

Greg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kimmyt1987

Ahhhhhh, im jelous! :(
    This sounds awesome?
    Assuming its only for SEAC Members hey???

kimmyt1987 wrote: »
    Ahhhhhh, im jelous! :(
    This sounds awesome?
    Assuming its only for SEAC Members hey???

No mate its for everyone. There are 15 places left.

billy.fish wrote: »
    hey chakav,

Should have those deposits on the way to you tomorrow,
    let me know if we need suits or not :)

Greg

Your preference of team is really up to yourself buddy, don't go putting any expense on yourself. If you have an old suit lying around, come as a bank robber. If you want to be in law enforcement the options are...

Woodland/Green Loadout - FBI
    Black tactical loadout - SWAT
    Jeans & Shirt/T-Shirt - POLICE
    Tatty White Vest and No Shoes - John McLaine

All nutters welcome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Toherinator

TheDoc wrote: »

what event is this its not take aim is it?

what event is this its not take aim is it?

Think that's at least 2 weeks later. Don't quote me on that ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Toherinator

chakav wrote: »
    Think that's at least 2 weeks later. Don't quote me on that ;)

yeah think it own a bit later in the month cheers, so e able to go to both lol!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kimmyt1987

Trying to get a few to come to this, God damn people not getting back to me yet tho! :(

kimmyt1987 wrote: »
    Trying to get a few to come to this, God damn people not getting back to me yet tho! :(

You work on it buddy, if we break the 40 person mark the price goes down by approx €20 a head...Nice

15 places left.

Cut-off date for Places - Tuesday 27th October

Deposit of €60 puts you on the bus.

Travel Information
    • We will be meeting up somewhere around Wexford town on Fri 6th November to load gear and bodies onto the bus. (Location to be confirmed). Time will most possibly be 6.00pm to 7.45pm.
    • We travel on the 21.15pm Stenaline ferry out of Rosslare.
    • We arrive in Fishguard, Wales at 00.30am.
    • The Drive from Fishguard to Reading is 216 miles/4 hours
    • We will stop for breakfast along the way and arrive on site for 8.15am to get in before rush hour.
    • Games start at 9.30am
    • Lunch is included in the site cost and includes a jumbo hotdog, drink, bar of chocolate and bag of crisps. Free Tea and Coffee all day too.
    • Games end at 4.00pm.
    • Gear down and then leave the site at 5.30pmish.
    • Stop for dinner/drinks along the road.
    • We travel on the 02.45am Stenaline ferry out of Fishguard.
    • We arrive back in Rosslare at 6.15am and we're back in Wexford town circa 7.00am Sunday Morning.
    Getting to the Bus / Ferry.
    The coach will leave Holycross, Thurles, Co. Tipperary (52.38'23.80" N, 7.52'11.56" W) at approx 3.30pm/4.00pm on Fri 6th Nov. If you want to get on the bus there, you can.

The coach will travel from there via Urlingford, Freshford, Kilkenny City, Bagenalstown, Bunclody, Enniscorthy, Wexford and on to Rosslare Harbour. If you want to be picked up along this route please give me plenty of notice.

From Dublin to Wexford (bus)

Bus Eireann buses leaving at 3.30pm and 4.30pm from Bus Aras arrive in Rosslare Harbour at approx. 6.50pm and 7.50pm respectively. The earlier bus is probably the safest on a Friday.Return buses on the Sunday morning leave on the hour. Ref: http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1248962964-2.pdf

Pricing Information

SEAC is a non-profit club and is only facilitating / group booking the trip in order to get great value and to have a great time. Therefore all pricing is transparent and explained below. The nature of doing it this way means that the pricing can fluctuate slightly between then and now because of numbers going and exchange rates, etc.

We could have just slapped a €150 a head price on it but EVERYONE PAYS WHAT IT COSTS AND NOT A PENNY MORE.

The Ferry is €32 a head. This covers the ferry, coach an driver. If you want a comfy cabin it'll cost you extra but in the interest of realism, there shouldn't be much comfort on troop transports smile.gif. This price is based on a minimum of 20.

The Coach is costing €1000. Therefore the cost is to be divided by the amount of us going. 30 lads = €33, 40 lads = €25, 50 lads = €20. The capacity of the coach is 53 people.

The Site cost is also based on the amount of us going. 30 lads = £55/€61, 40 lads = £45/€50, 50 lads = £35/€39.

Examples of cost based on the amounts going follow...

30-39 People:
    Ferry €32 Coach €33 Site €62 - TOTAL: €127
    Payable: €60 deposit + €36 the day of going + £27.50/€31 at the site

40-49 People:
    Ferry €32 Coach €25 Site €50 - TOTAL: €107
    Payable: €60 deposit + €22 the day of going + £22.50/€25 at the site

50+ People:
    Ferry €32 Coach €20 Site €40 - TOTAL: €92
    Payable: €60 deposit + €11.50 the day of going + £17.50/€19.50 at the site

YOUR SEAT IS NOT GUARANTEED UNTIL YOUR DEPOSIT IS PAID

All prices are correct at the time of posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

Shotgun and shells: check.

Beretta and shoulder holster: check.

Shades: check.

Hawaiian shirt: check.

Crime is a disease. Meet the cure.

Shotgun and shells: check.
    Beretta and shoulder holster: check.
    Shades: check.
    Hawaiian shirt: check.
    Crime is a disease. Meet the cure.

I hope you're workin on the 'tache as well

magnum.jpg

Police Loadouts.

YES

the-shield_l.jpg

NO

cops.jpg

YES

neworleans082807a.jpg

NO

croatian-airsoft-warriors-croatian-warriors-gun-airsoft-demotivational-poster-1225739168.jpg

YES

swat_team.jpg

NO

GayCop.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

Or you could just go for a "Raid Jacket"
    coachraidp_ezr.jpg

And if you are on the OpFor there is:
    suspectjacket.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Great post chakav – all the logistics details in one place. We should do them all that way.

Last few days if you are thinking of coming with us lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Private Snafu

10 days :D hehe this is going to be epic :P

lperrozzi wrote: »
    10 days :D hehe this is going to be epic :P

Deep breaths, deep breaths

Pfft... More like Valium :D

Crap video... but gives an idea of the Basement level layout

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLWfJcbh_io

signsaw.jpg

Ok lads,

Just to be clear.

- At the minute there are 35 of us going.
    - 23 have given me the deposit.
    - Several have been on to me about arranging it.
    - I need Deposits off everyone before the end of the weekend.
    - I need to pay the ferry on Monday.
    - I also need to give the ferry a final number and names.
    - Therefore, those who haven't gotten a deposit to me by the end of the weekend, CANNOT GO.

At the moment the cost is...
    Ferry: €32 each
    Site : £45/€50 each (I'm going to say that there's 40 of us)
    Bus : €1000 / 35 = €29 each
    TOTAL: €111

Payable in the following way...
    - €60 deposit before the end of the weekend
    - €26 when you get onto the bus on the Friday
    - £22.50 (€25) payable at the site in STERLING ONLY

I'll post again if they have Credit Card Facilities but you would be better off getting some STERLING as you will need to eat/drink/smoke.

Anybody with any questions please call me on 085 7037423

Thanks Lads

chakav wrote: »
    I'll post again if they have Credit Card Facilities but you would be better off getting some STERLING as you will need to eat/drink/smoke.

And lets not forget the pyros.... can anybody say boom ;)

• Advertisement

BOOOOOM :pac:

mushroom-cloud.jpg

Advertisement