Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEAC: The Mall, Reading - 7th November

Options
  • 29-09-2009 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭

posterbg.jpg?t=1254234759

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭chakav

There are already 19 names down for this trip. Make sure you're one of the remaining 31.

Its going to be a great day out.

For any more info, you can pm myself or mail to chakav2008atgmaildotcom

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Toherinator

will definately consider this!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

Here's the link so it doesn't have to be retyped:
    http://www.firstandonlyairsoft.com/venues/the-mall.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Added to calendar, thank you.

I'll be at the NAG event that weekend, otherwise I'd go to this one. Best of luck guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭IAN-SOMERS

Any info on bringing AEGs, GBBs, BBs, over on the ferry?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Information on travelling abroad.

Also see the PR2, PR3 and both Berget threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

IAN-SOMERS wrote: »
    Any info on bringing AEGs, GBBs, BBs, over on the ferry?

Its a piece of pi$$. You just have to use common sense. Declare your gear.

"Imitation firearms with no ammo in a lockable case". That is literally what got us through the ferry ports each time. Most times you get priority boarding as well. There is more information on the thread posted above.

I am sure if you ask nicely, that the IAA could give you a letter that could help smooth the way. You could also request a letter of invitation from the site you are travelling to.

• We will be meeting up somewhere around Wexford town on Fri 6th November to load gear and bodies onto the bus. (Location to be confirmed). Time will most possibly be 6.00pm to 7.45pm.
    • We travel on the 21.15pm Stenaline ferry out of Rosslare.
    • We arrive in Fishguard, Wales at 00.30am.
    • The Drive from Fishguard to Reading is 216 miles/4 hours
    • We will stop for breakfast along the way and arrive on site for 8.15am to get in before rush hour.
    • Games start at 9.30am
    • Lunch is included in the site cost and includes a jumbo hotdog, drink, bar of chocolate and bag of crisps. Free Tea and Coffee all day too.
    • Games end at 4.00pm.
    • Gear down and then leave the site at 5.30pmish.
    • Stop for dinner/drinks along the road.
    • We travel on the 02.45am Stenaline ferry out of Fishguard.
    • We arrive back in Rosslare at 6.15am and we're back in Wexford town circa 7.00am Sunday Morning.

We are all traveling together on a 53 seater coach hired by the club. This coach will bring us to the site, wait and bring us back to the ferry and home. We are getting this for €1000. It makes much more sense than everyone traveling separately and allows us to avail of a good group discount.

More info to follow

SEAC is a non-profit club and is only facilitating / group booking the trip in order to get great value and to have a great time. Therefore all pricing is transparent and explained below. The nature of doing it this way means that the pricing can fluctuate slightly between then and now because of numbers going and exchange rates, etc.

We could have just slapped a €150 a head price on it but EVERYONE PAYS WHAT IT COSTS AND NOT A PENNY MORE.

The Ferry is €32 a head. This covers the ferry, coach an driver. If you want a comfy cabin it'll cost you extra but in the interest of realism, there shouldn't be much comfort on troop transports :). This price is based on a minimum of 20.

The Coach is costing €1000. Therefore the cost is to be divided by the amount of us going. 30 lads = €33, 40 lads = €25, 50 lads = €20. The capacity of the coach is 53 people.

The Site cost is also based on the amount of us going. 30 lads = £55/€61, 40 lads = £45/€50, 50 lads = £35/€39.

Examples of cost based on the amounts going follow...

30-39 People:
    Ferry €32 Coach €33 Site €62 - TOTAL: €127
    Payable: €60 deposit + €36 the day of going + £27.50/€31 at the site

40-49 People:
    Ferry €32 Coach €25 Site €50 - TOTAL: €107
    Payable: €60 deposit + €22 the day of going + £22.50/€25 at the site

50+ People:
    Ferry €32 Coach €20 Site €40 - TOTAL: €92
    Payable: €60 deposit + €11.50 the day of going + £17.50/€19.50 at the site

YOUR SEAT IS NOT GUARANTEED UNTIL YOUR DEPOSIT IS PAID

All prices are correct at the time of posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Private Snafu

Count me and the OH in :D definitly going.

• Advertisement

22 of the maximum 50 places are now taken.

If you are interested please give us a shout.

Some videos of The Mall to wet your appetite...

The Mall Wars Part 1

The Mall Wars Part 2

The Mall Wars Part 3

The coach will leave Holycross, Thurles, Co. Tipperary (52.38'23.80" N, 7.52'11.56" W) at approx 3.30pm/4.00pm on Fri 6th Nov. If you want to get on the bus there, you can.

The coach will travel from there via Urlingford, Freshford, Kilkenny City, Bagenalstown, Bunclody, Enniscorthy, Wexford and on to Rosslare Harbour. If you want to be picked up along this route please give me plenty of notice.

From Dublin to Wexford (bus)

Bus Eireann buses leaving at 3.30pm and 4.30pm from Bus Aras arrive in Rosslare Harbour at approx. 6.50pm and 7.50pm respectively. The earlier bus is probably the safest on a Friday.Return buses on the Sunday morning leave on the hour. Ref: http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1248962964-2.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭billy.fish

Give me a day and i may have 3 people for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Beano7

ah damn, if i were a few years older only, sounds like its gonna be deadly though!:eek: good luck with it lads!

29 of the maximum 50 places are now taken.

Join us, resistance to your urge to go is futile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭Keegan

Count me in.

31 of the maximum 50 places are now taken.

C'mon, you know you want to.

The scenario for our day at the mall is taking shape...

Think "The Kill Point" meets "Heat"

poster2-1.jpg?t=1254846140

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Vent13

Count me in too!! Can't wait for this trip!!!

Vent13

• Advertisement

32 of the maximum 50 places are now taken.

Reading, UK

FRI 6/11/09 – 16.39pm

Mr. Goose and his team enter the Barclay’s Bank branch at 130/131 Friar Street. They successfully lock down the bank and gain access to the vault. Several of the team fill black hold-alls with cash and jewelry. They leave the bank at 4.48pm and are met by the first of the Police on scene. The getaway car is disabled in the ensuing firefight and the robbers fall back into an adjacent abandoned shopping centre.

SAT 7/11/09 – 02.30am

Mr. Goose and his team have been holed up in the abandoned ‘Friars St.’ shopping mall all night. Police reconnaissance has determined that the team of bank robbers has extensive military training and that they have ‘dug in’.

SAT 7/11/09 – 8.15am

Det. Mackey and his ‘Strike Team’ arrive on scene. The FBI is also in attendance in an ‘advisory capacity’. Mackey’s tactical analysis…”If we don’t go in hard and fast now, we’re going to have to level the building to get ‘em out”

SAT 7/11/09 – 9.30am

The ‘Strike Team’ is given a green light and ‘deadly force’ is authorized…

GAME ON…

34 of the maximum 50 places are now taken.

C'mon, you know you want to.

Some good pics of the place...

http://www.fraghaggis.co.uk/The_Mall/

http://www.firstandonlyevents.co.uk/newf...f=27&t=285

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭billy.fish

Looking forward to this now! Going to be a long long day but a savage trip.

6 more people and the price goes down by approx €20 a head.

C'mon lads, that's some value to play on an amazing CQB site over in the UK for about the same amount of money you'd drop on a night out.

Ferry, Bus and Site for €107 approx...:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

PS: 16 more people and the price goes down by approx €36 a head to around €91 each. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Tomazas

The place looks savage but unfortunately cant go this time, anyway guys have fun out where.

Tomazas wrote: »
    The place looks savage but unfortunately cant go this time, anyway guys have fun out where.

No bothers buddy, maybe for the next trip :)

Just to confirm some of the site rules...
    1. Site FPS Limits
      328fps (+5% variance) on ALL RIF's. (With 0.2g BBs) Chronograph will be in operation at the start and during the day. For normal days, unless advertised otherwise, there are no ammo/mag capacity limits. Some areas of the game area will be single shot only, therefore RIF's that are incapable of firing on single shot will not be allowed in those areas.
    2. Pyrotechnics Rules
      Only pyrotechnics sold by First & Only or made by TLSFx will be allowed on site. BFG's are allowed but only with 9mm blanks, 6mm short Blanks or caps. Only non-toxic or non-military smokes can be used on site with a max burn of 6o sec and have no effect other than screening. A grenade or thunderflash going off in a room means instant kill to all occupants unless behind hard cover (concrete wall, barrier etc). In larger and open areas, a grenade will instant kill every player within 15ft radius unless behind hard cover (concrete wall, barrier etc).
    On-Site Facilities

Working power sockets, lighting, Men & Women's toilets, kitchen, shop, onsite battery charging, changing areas and dedicated customer car parking. The on-site shop will sell BB's, Pyrotechnics, gas and a range of other Airsoft equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

May be up for this. Anyone in the wexford area got somewhere I can ditch my car for the duration?

gerrowadat wrote: »
    May be up for this. Anyone in the wexford area got somewhere I can ditch my car for the duration?

Yeah mate, no bothers.

Will we have the pleasure of your, eh...... Tertiary Strip?

3567569702_b68dffa22f_o.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭lochdara

gerrowadat wrote: »

I am 1 minute off the main n25 to rosslare harbour and 15 minutes away from the harbour.
    Piercestown, Wexford is my adress.
    Your welcome to park up.

You have my number

Currently fundraising for Irish Motor Neurone Disease Association

In Memory of my fab Wife www.sinsin.ie

Advertisement