Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Big merge) Hairdressers in Galway

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭inisboffin

eh, substitute taxi driver for hairdresser and French for irish and you'd have a lock on this thread and a ban for the user fairly pronto...

Ah hairdressing's an odd one. A friend of mine did here apprenticeship/training here and moved to the States. She is SO in demand there as her training put her WAY beyond others skill wise.
    Often different countries, or 'schools' have emphasis on different skill sets. The French folks may have a style for cutting that some prefer, whereas older hairdressers here may be better at a perm etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Sweetie26

Hello,

This is my first post so I’m sorry of it is in the wrong forum.

I’m wondering if somebody can recommend a good hairdresser in Galway specifically for short hair. I have short hair and everything I go to a hairdresser I end up looking like my brother which is a probably when you are a girl!

There must be a hairdresser in Galway that can give a good feminine haircut; unfortunately I haven’t found one yet! I have brought pictures to my previous hairdressers but they still manage to cut my hair like I’m about to join the army. So if there is anybody out there that knows of a hairdresser capable of giving a good haircut please let me know. I’m sure I’m not the only girl in Galway with short hair!

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Handiniho

Have found Trevor in the Hut does a good cut but think he's pretty pricey from what I remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 TrevorNelson

I find Niamh in Pink excellent. I have a very short and she always gives it a great style. Hihgly recommended!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 photojenny

any recommendations for a reasonable student wash/cut/blowdry in galway? i usually go to david martin but 45 euro is a bit expensive..koztello is 36.50 but would welcome any other suggestions!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 joelou

Evening all, just wondering if anyone can help me. I am going to Galway City well Barna to be more specific for my neices First Communion on 21st May and wanted to get my hair put up for it. My mum and sister also want the same. We rang around a couple of salons to see prices and availability and I was very surprised to see the prices being charged for upstyles. They varied from 45euro to 65euro. I think this is very expensive I live in down the country and the most we would pay down here would be 35euro which I think is more than enough!
    Is the the norm do I just have to put up and shut up??? It would kill me to have to hand over 50euro for an upstyle but have I any choice bar doing it myself.....

Dredging up an old thread instead of creating a new one. I'm contemplating getting my haircut but I am unsure of what to get done - I want to get something new so I would like to walk into one and ask their advice. Which male hairdressers would be good for this? I don't want to go anywhere that would cost an arm and a leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

hiya im looking for somewhere that does nice wash and blowdry and side fringe cut... i find it really hard to get my fringe cut properly like a long side fringe.... thanks!!:):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭July

Has anyone been to Lola & Belle in Salthill? They have a deal on LivingSocial at the moment. I'm tempted to purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

SOA at the end of shop st next to the kings head. Theres two french fellas there i believe.
    Gave these guys two chances and in my humble opinion they are not worth it at all. Both times the price was much more than advertised - they used the excuse that they had used a dye that was non-ammonia and that was why it was more - nobody mentioned beforehand that there was an option. The last time I went in for a colour and I am not joking when I say that the colour was looking washed out within 4 days. I went back to point it out to them and I was really given the brush-off (ahem..excuse the hair pun) and to be honest I found their attitude really rude. Never again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

that doesn't sound good GB. why did you go back after the first bad experience and then the poor follow up and customer service?

I go to Koztelloes, I find it a bit expensive alright but trust my hairdresser 100%. She always gives me really good advice and is honest enough to tell me if something I'm considering getting done would look crap on me!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement