Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Big merge) Hairdressers in Galway

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭hamlet1

seabre wrote: »
    Hi All

Just wondering can someone recommend a good Hairdressers in Galway who will do a colour and cut for a reasonable price? I only need a T Bar of 3 colours but don't have the money to spend a fortune on it at the min.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.
    try eileens in joyces shopping centre in athenry.prices outside of galway city are way better!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 carraigard

Anybody know where Niamh who used to work in Prestige now works??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Maja

Hi all. I have very bad experience with hairdressers unfortunately, so i realy have to be carefull now and its time to visit one soon. I have kind of strange hair -sometimes curly sometimes not :/ depends on weather and colour is another story. I would love to visit someone creative with good taste and who would be able to give me some advice about what kind of hair style will work with me. I am tired of paying much to much and feeling even worse after the visit.
    Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭seabre

Hi All

Thanks for all the replies! In the end I got mt Hair done in Vanity in Renmore. Think the address is Fuschia drive.

Couldn't say enough about them. Absolutely delighted with the cut and colour and around half the price of what you'd pay for it in town. Great girls , very friendly and professional they also have a nail bar which is handy if you want to get both done in the one place.

Spread the word places like this really deserve to do well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Maja

Thanks lillygirl. Is Sigita a name (sorry if its stupid question)? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

carraigard wrote: »
    Anybody know where Niamh who used to work in Prestige now works??

She's in Pink now, on William Street (Shop Street) across from Butler's Chocolates/Body Shop

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭japanesebanana

Sinead does my cut and daithi my colour in Renaissance, fairly new salon down beside louis copeland. I've long blonde hair and very fussy about the length and colour and the both of them are great and always do the perfect job. the salon is gorge and they have netbooks and massaging chairs at the basin!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

I've been avoiding getting my hair cut in galway for 3 years now ( have been going back to my hairdresser in navan!) but its time to bite the bullet. i've asked a few girls i know from college about where they get their hair done but none of them have given me anything good to go with. so just wondering if anyone here has anyone they can recommend to me?! i'm not working at the mo so if theres anywhere that isnt too expensive that'd be deadly. I also avoid heading to hairdressers because i have really curly hair and they all kinda ignore that and cut my hair as if ive straight hair! :( any help on that front would be great! thanks! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭hamlet1

I've been avoiding getting my hair cut in galway for 3 years now ( have been going back to my hairdresser in navan!) but its time to bite the bullet. i've asked a few girls i know from college about where they get their hair done but none of them have given me anything good to go with. so just wondering if anyone here has anyone they can recommend to me?! i'm not working at the mo so if theres anywhere that isnt too expensive that'd be deadly. I also avoid heading to hairdressers because i have really curly hair and they all kinda ignore that and cut my hair as if ive straight hair! :( any help on that front would be great! thanks! :D
    best thing to do is go to a salon out of galway city as they charge far less and are just as good.athenry has some excellent salons

• Registered Users Posts: 3 starry_bright

Hi guys,

Just wondering about giving Paul in Zenith a go? Have read that people have been impressed with him. Does he do cut and colour. Usually go to Soa but have never tried Zenith. thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

hamlet1 wrote: »
    best thing to do is go to a salon out of galway city as they charge far less and are just as good.athenry has some excellent salons

Honestly cant see myself having to get a train or bus somewhere just for my hair, not that bothered about it.:D anytime ive been to navan ive had to be there for a reason so was killing two birds with the one stone kinda thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 gh001

ok going with niamh in pink so will let ye know how it goes!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gemmaheenan

Paul Allen Moycullen is really good got my colour and cut for 68 euro and i loved my hair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Carolyyn

Hi,
    anybody know saloons that do L'Oreal semi permenant colour in Galway?, have been going to Toni & Guy but too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

Used to have a girl I went to in her house, she was fab but emigrated and said nothing so now am stuck! Anyone know of anyone reasonable who works from home? I hate going into town to get my hair done. PM if you don't want to publicly say. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Are there any hairdressers that do a cheap Wash & Blowdry for short hair in the city? I think Annettes are cheap.. Does anyone know anywhere else < €15..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Hi guys,

Just wondering about giving Paul in Zenith a go? Have read that people have been impressed with him. Does he do cut and colour. Usually go to Soa but have never tried Zenith. thanks

He's absolutely brilliant!!!! Couldn't fault him in any way!!
    He takes his time and gives a good consultation beforehand.
    He'll cut your hair in a way that suits your hair. My hair is wavy for example & he cut it to suit the waves.. Most places cut it as if it's straight which makes it stick out & hard to manage..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

I heard people talking about a place in Salthill, opposite side of road to Lola and Belle, any idea where this is or even what it's called? Sorry for being so cryptic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Dominus

kate28 wrote: »
    In 2 weeks ???:) Why r they close? What is the name of the stylist?:o

Been to most of them.. Barry in Momento is the best and reasonable..:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Hi im thinking of going to either Zenith or Prestige for a full head of highlights and cut/blowdry..

any ideas which would be best or any other recommendations?:)
    thanks!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭buzz55

Hi there, need to get my hair cut & also highlights (probably half head, dont know if I'd get away with just t-bar).
    Usually I go to trainee classes but they can't get me in for colour until April - I'll be like a piebald by then :eek:
    So I'm looking for somewhere cheap, or that's doing a special January or February offer on cut & colour. I'll even get over the cut part as I can get that done end of Feb with the trainees, but really can't wait another 2 months + for highlights.
    I thought I saw something in the window of Koztello's in shopping centre about t-bar & cut for 58 euro, but I was in a hurry so didn't stop to look at details.
    I can travel a bit out of town (Oranmore, Claregalway) but wouldn't go as far as Athenry.

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RyanAsh

Had to leave a post to let you all know that based on this thread I went to Niamh in Pink and was v impressed. Explained why i was so sick of my hair (flat to my head with no shape even tho its so thick) and she gave me a cut that totally solved it! 40quid and you're in and out in about 30-45mins. Would definitely recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Amik

My wife is looking for a good hairdresser (colour and cut) in Galway. She likes L'Oreal products. Any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

We have a big hairdressers thread going on so I'll merge this thread in with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

Hi,

Wondering if any of you are or know of a French or French-trained hairdresser in or around Galway.
    Thank you for your help.
    V :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

ValerieR wrote: »
    Hi,

Wondering if any of you are or know of a French or French-trained hairdresser in or around Galway.
    Thank you for your help.
    V :)

Does a hairdressers training or nationality make a difference? Can't say as though I've heard of any tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Does a hairdressers training or nationality make a difference?

lol - yes, it does to me. :)
    No offence to Irish hairdressers (I know some very friendly and good ones) but they just don't cut short hair at the back of the head the way I like it (or the way I would have been used to I guess). I like the way the French hairdressers do ... hence my question :)
    V.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭billlumbergh

SOA at the end of shop st next to the kings head. Theres two french fellas there i believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

eh, substitute taxi driver for hairdresser and French for irish and you'd have a lock on this thread and a ban for the user fairly pronto...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

SOA at the end of shop st next to the kings head. Theres two french fellas there i believe.
    i get my hair cut in there, as does my girlfriend.

i'm always sure to drink black coffee, smoke filter cigarettes, not wash and cheat at football beforehand to get in the mood.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement