Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Big merge) Hairdressers in Galway

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 fionab1385

hi there

can anyone recommend a good place in Salthill or Knocknacarra to get a cheap n cheerful simple hair upstyle??!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Angelandie

I recommend Angel behind Park House, were closed due to an elderly lady driving her car through the side window (!) but think should be re-open by now. They're brilliant and cheap. I go every time I need to get my hair done, and they are brilliant for throwing in little freebies such as eyebrow tint to match the new hair colour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 annaq

163 euro in David Martin,s in Knocknacarra for a half head of barely noticeable hilights with a slight trim on short hair -Max was the stylist I wasnt happy with colour or cut or price, I definitely wouldnt be recommending him to any one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭pandamoanium

annaq wrote: »
    163 euro in David Martin,s in Knocknacarra for a half head of barely noticeable hilights with a slight trim on short hair -Max was the stylist I wasnt happy with colour or cut or price, I definitely wouldnt be recommending him to any one

I have to agree with this, wouldn't recommend David Martin in Knocknacarra at all.

I got a cut there a few weeks ago and it was terrible! It was uneven and wonky, just disastrous and it was flipping expensive too!

When I complained they were having none of it and said that it was fine, when I went out to the car I could see that my hair was all lopsided.

NEVER again!

Angel's not expensive, if I remember correctly my last cut and colour cost me about €50 and they tinted my eyebrows for free. The girls are lovely there. They have a small beauty salon too, and do nails as well. Love them there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Wash and cut was 40 the last time i went which was great. They had an offer the time before and it was 30! Nuts! I love trying new styles, and they are adventurous when you want them to be. The salon was part of the place, short haired blonde girl is brill for nails, eyebrow and lash shapes and tints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭pandamoanium

Thanks ladies!

Will definitely give them a try when they reopen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 murphylo

Hi there, im going to Galway for New Years and wondering could anyone recommend me a hairdressers for a curly blow dry that isnt too expensive? Im staying in the G hotel so anywhere close by would be good!

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 GalGaillimh

Hi
    Anyone know of a hairderessers other than Bellisimo ( they are brilliant but too expensive) open next Sunday morning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 GalGaillimh

Thanks will ring them now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 MissThang

Fringe Benefits in Doughiska.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

More suggestions in the thread above, for Sundays and other days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 hollymur92

hey - i like the girls in talents in terryland - all vey good in ther and down to earth

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭biddywiddy

I'd like to second the girls in Talents. I went there on a recommendation in this thread (Eviledna) and I was just delighted. I got an updo done for a recent wedding (€30) and I got my hair cut there a few weeks after (a mere €35). They are all just so nice in there and I will definitely go back. And it's so handy that you can park just outside. I always end up walking to hairdressers in town and then get rained on on the way home.

Thanks for the tip!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 SpaceBlaze

Does anyone have the phone number for Angel hair salon?

SpaceBlaze wrote: »
    Does anyone have the phone number for Angel hair salon?

Its 085xxx
    Mon - Fri:11:00 - 19:00Sat:11:00 - 20:00
    http://www.jw-antywirusy.pl/angelbeautystudiopl/index-4.html

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭millertime78

Going to a wedding and girlfriend needs a wash & blow dry on Sunday morning around 9am???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

Hi, most Peter Mark salons at least ones in shopping centres are open sundays.

Magnus wrote: »

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Much to my dismay, I discovered last week that Bernie has left Zenith :( (apparantly she left a year ago- boy did i feel embarrassed looking to get her for my appointment last week) I know its a long shot but does anyone happen to know if shes in a different salon in Galway? would have asked Zenith but the receptionist was quite short with me on the phone...!

• Advertisement

Great to hear you got on so well vintagekitten...she really is a talented hairdresser and the prices are super. Two great experiences with her recently that Im reluctant to Im back to my Usual polish lady..who is brilliant too tho...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭shreksaurus

Are there any hairdressers in town that opens on Sunday. Would anyone know.

Will need to get a wash and blow dry. Bathroom is out of order here at home due to work being done on it so can't wash my hair. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Koztello in Knocknacarra (next to Joyces) is open on Sundays from 12 or 12:30. Bellissimo on the Headford Rd. (Omniplex) is open on Sundays, too. Make sure to ring them to make sure they can accomodate you before you venture out.

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Shanley wrote: »

please tell me that poor woman didn't spend nearly 300 euro on that website, and then have the webdesign company "buzzprovider" put an ad on it!!!

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭susanroth

Great to hear you got on so well vintagekitten...she really is a talented hairdresser and the prices are super. Two great experiences with her recently that Im reluctant to Im back to my Usual polish lady..who is brilliant too tho...

Hey ladyP! I need a haircut pretty desperately now, have fairly thick wavy hair and want to get it trimmed and layered so it sits nicer, would niamh be good for this type of cut? Used to go to Liz in bearna but wasn't overly impressed last time plus its 60e so if there is somewhere just as good and cheaper:D I'd be happy out:D
    Sorry if this is rehashing! its just so great when you get a good cut you dont need to do any styling yourself(cause im crap at doing hair)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

susan - I have wavy hair and niamh gave me the most gorgeous haircut I've had in years. I'd seriously recommend her.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

lol, dont worry she didnt even pay for the domain or hosting ;)

• Advertisement

That site...not mad on it...

Niamh would be I'd say I don't have wavy hair, but she is good and i'd go with Xiney's recommendation

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement