Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Give me a few good reasons why its in my best interests and others to vote yes?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    If you were out in a pub with 26 friends and they all really wanted to go to a pub across the road and you just said "why make a change, sure isn't this fine" and refused to move, forcing all of your friends to stay with you, would you think that was fair?

This is a little more serious then a night on the beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

This is a little more serious then a night on the beer.

Yes it is but her logic is that she doesn't want to bother making any change. I'm making the point that if everyone else wants to do something and you're preventing them from doing it, that's not really a good reason and would rightly generate bad feeling

Yes it is but her logic is that she doesn't want to bother making any change. I'm making the point that if everyone else wants to do something and you're preventing them from doing it, that's not really a good reason and would rightly generate bad feeling

No one else has been allowed vote on this. Bad feeling with who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Sam always read your posts and always respected what you said but in this case you are mistaken.
    I have not once said anything mean to a single person on the yes side and they are preventing me and others from what we want.;) But they pull this oh holier than thou because if you are no voter you are wrong no matter what.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

Sam give up!

join me and her in our show of political apathy :D

not like apathy and shortsightedness has gotten this country into a right mess right?

what could possibly go wrong!

Viva la NO Vote! Viva revolution!! All Hail comrade Ganley (ok ok ill stop, but this is too much fun)

:)

• Advertisement

ei.sdraob wrote: »
    well if you still cant find a job a few years down the road

and that company that wanted to invest in ireland and changed mind and went elsewhere

do come to boards.ie to moan about the government and EU that "does nothing to help you"

:(

/

Sorry for you i help myself and always did,And when i own my own business i will come back on to boards.ie and brag about it :D You never know you might have to work with my company in talks one day very soon ;) lmao

Sam give up!

not like apathy and shortsightedness has gotten this country into a right mess right?

Viva la NO Vote! Viva revolution!! All Hail comrade Ganley (ok ok ill stop, but this is too much fun)

And there you go again assuming things ;)

I have not listened or read a single thing on any no campaigners at all,and i don't give a rats what any of them say.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

caseyann wrote: »
    Sorry for you i help myself and always did,And when i own my own business i will come back on to boards.ie and brag about it :D You never know you might have to work with my company in talks one day very soon ;) lmao

i already own a business i got here by working hard, not by wasting time on boards :D

now that its all working like clockwork (more or less) i can dedicate my life in the pursuit of political enlightenment (or something like that) right here on the glorious boards.ie

anyways this was a fun thread, but im gonna resist further temptation and move on ( i have some code to unit test :( )

I have not listened or read a single thing on any no campaigners at all,and i don't give a rats what any of them say

in that case dont read this

|

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

No one else has been allowed vote on this. Bad feeling with who?

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62313508&postcount=75
    Sam always read your posts and always respected what you said but in this case you are mistaken.
    I have not once said anything mean to a single person on the yes side and they are preventing me and others from what we want.;) But they pull this oh holier than thou because if you are no voter you are wrong no matter what.

I'm not talking about being insulting. I mean that every other country in Europe has ratified or will soon ratify this treaty. This treaty will benefit the lives of 500 million people are you are denying it to them without good reason, just that you think it's ok the way it is even if they don't. Do you think that's fair?

Also, tbh people on the no side have been given ample opportunity to give good reasons but it's about 95% paranoia and fantasy. I know people on the yes side can come across as rude but it's wearing me down at this stage

Sam give up!

I wouldnt call posting in boards approximatly every ten minutes , starting at 9am this morning and finishing at 2am last night being apathetic.

All related to the Lisbon treaty.

There are pro lisbon campaigns that would need to have someone on boards in shifts rebutting the no side to do that.

Fair play to you.

• Advertisement

i already own a business i got here by working hard, not by wasting time on boards :D

now that its all working like clockwork (more or less) i can dedicate my life in the pursuit of political enlightenment (or something like that) right here on the glorious boards.ie

anyways this was a fun thread, but im gonna resist further temptation and move on

|

Best of luck hope its always successful :)
    Yeah i could definitely see you as an FF candidate :D

oh p.s i am still very very young :D

I'm not talking about being insulting. I mean that every other country in Europe has ratified or will soon ratify this treaty. This treaty will benefit the lives of 500 million people are you are denying it to them without good reason, just that you think it's ok the way it is even if they don't. Do you think that's fair?

Also, tbh people on the no side have been given ample opportunity to give good reasons but it's about 95% paranoia and fantasy. I know people on the yes side can come across as rude but it's wearing me down at this stage

I see what you mean but i am only new to viewing on the issue and when asking question a person should be answered with straight honest comments.Not personal attacks on why should we vote NO then.

If people were at all sure of what the treaty was about they would be able to give them answers to others who are trying to get their heads around it and possibly misreading or misinterpreting what is written in the Lisbon Treaty.
    Isn't the what these boards are for informed comments from educated people on certain matters.And if they cant make a educated comment without insult or rudeness then they shouldn't be anything to do with politics in first place.

From what i have seen its slagging match after slagging match and in all honesty would push the voters to say right.When i ask a question i am getting told nothing accept read this or read that.And those people do not understand this already.So when they question the Lisbon treaty are getting ragged on,or any other matter.

Also what other EU people want the Lisbon treaty isn't the informed view of these people who have no say to vote no Ireland?
    So we aren't stopping them they are practically begging people to say no.

p.s relax take it easy when the no vote comes through all over :D

( i have some code to unit test :( )

in that case dont read this

|

Good luck hope not to tiresome

Read what :D

Not fair they were not allowed vote on it either.

Wonder what their opinion is on it or should we just assume its a yes and not ask them like their governments.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

No it is based on fact i dont see anything in the treaty thats worth voting yes to ;):)

Nothing? At all? Not even the majority if what's in it - i.e. the guts of all the previous treaties?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Not fair they were not allowed vote on it either.

Wonder what their opinion is on it or should we just assume its a yes and not ask them like their governments.

You must be new here. Most of the boards.ie yes lobby have this idea that once you elect your government, you give them a free reign to do whatever they like until the next election. These people generally don't approve at all of the fact that we have a referendum in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

prinz wrote: »
    Nothing? At all? Not even the majority if what's in it - i.e. the guts of all the previous treaties?

Those will still be in force whether we vote yes. Obviously only new things or changes are worth voting either yes or no to.

Not fair they were not allowed vote on it either. Wonder what their opinion is on it or should we just assume its a yes and not ask them like their governments.

.... and who or what prevented them for having a vote on it? :rolleyes:... oh right democratic due process, the rule of law and constitutionality. Silly me I forgot those things are all dispensable when it comes to anyone but ourselves.

Those will still be in force whether we vote yes. Obviously only new things or changes are worth voting either yes or no to.

Yes. Except that wasn't the way it was put. The next logical question to caseyann is what is new, and what changed? If she knows it's not worth voting for, she must have some idea?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 932 ✭✭✭PaulieD

prinz wrote: »
    Yes. Except that wasn't the way it was put. The next logical question to caseyann is what is new, and what changed? If she knows it's not worth voting for, she must have some idea?

I voted No on the treaties merits, or lack of, last time. This time around, I can vote no for whatever reason I want. I already voted on the treaty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

You must be new here. Most of the boards.ie yes lobby have this idea that once you elect your government, you give them a free reign to do whatever they like until the next election. These people generally don't approve at all of the fact that we have a referendum in Ireland.

That's grossly inaccurate and you know it.

regards,
    Scofflaw

Advertisement