Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recovering from a Hangover?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I always try sleep as long as I can, get a fry at some stage, not too early. Drink a little milk. Drink a pint or two. It's hard but it does work. Do something to keep your mind off your illness. I play games for the day and fap like a lunatic. Cold shower or swiming pool is another great one :) Don't eat too much or eat anything too heavy (except for a greasy fry).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Hands up how many people have said "Never again" the next morning but by the next day they cant wait for next time:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Soby wrote: »
    Hands up how many people have said "Never again" the next morning but by the next day they cant wait for next time:pac:
    *raises both hands*.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Normally take me two to three days to recovery and then be back on the beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

praiseach wrote: »
    sorry to ask a stoopid question but what the frig is fapping???
    brummytom wrote: »
    Spanking the monkey.

The favourite past-time of 16 year old boys

and 17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28 and 29 year olds

Goes downhill once you hit 30 apparently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

Any tips please lovely people? My head is just banging.
    Last night (I must point out I'm not a drinkre!): I had: Can of stella, can of carling, some Jack Daniels, WKD, Bicardi Breezer, Asda's own Tropic Twist (like the Breezer), Scrumpy Jack's cider and a Labrini. Yes most of those are queer but I don't care. Apparently mixing's bad so I suppose thats where I went wrong

Please God people, tips? I've already had paracetomol about 2 hours ago so ive got to wait another 2 for the next lot. But my head's killing.

Come on, youre all pissheads.. how do I stop my head feeling like this?!

+1 for the sore head... last night was good though :)
    water,water,water to flush out the kidneys and if you have a multivitamin, load up on those.. other than that its a waiting game;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

i've got to the stage now where i dont bother saying never again cos i kno i dint mean it.

and brummy,
    lucozade original, big dirty fry, then day on the couch watching comedy central and you'll be sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

Get yourself some Alpha Lipoic Acid from the health shop for the next time. Really,do try them. Take them(ye have to remember to do this though)before going to bed. Not joking,you will have no hangover. You can get them in the health shops and some chemists. I think 300mgs per capsule is plenty. I've been using them for about a year now and because they do work I never forget them.You will be impressed. Hope you feel better.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Yeah, the hangover went nearly a week ago.

Thanks though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Worse hang over I'd had within the last 2 years was sorted by 3 bottles of Powerade, magic stuff for hydration. If you're gonna go out on a serious bender, have the mix ready for when you get home, sachet of dia-orlite and 2 solphadeine solubles. Does the job greatly, rehydrates you and deals with any possible headache.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭BlueButterBean

tanx for the advice my head is trobbing =(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I love not being hungover! :D

I need to bump this thread.... sorry.

I've read most of it, but I need something that will work QUICK!

I'm meant to be rehearsing for a gig in 3 hours, then performing in the afternoon. The way I feel, it's not going to have cleared itself up by then.

Helpmeplz? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

brummytom are you a headachey hangober person or a pukey hangover person?

Headache-y. Very very headachey

I took a paracetomol which seems to have done some good, and I've been drinking loads of water but my head's throbbing all over

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Jeez I wish I could puke when hungover, that would speed up the process I reckon.

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Jeez I wish I could puke when hungover, that would speed up the process I reckon.

It really really really doesn't. It just means you spend all day puking while simultaneously feeling like your head will explode. I speak from experience.

Ah ok, well there are times when one puke might get me on the long road to recovery.
    But not non stop puking. :-/

I haven't had a hangover in a year or two cause I stopped drinking, they were too bad.

I also have cut back on my drinking due to horrific hangovers but had one yesterday. I wanted to be put to death to put me out of my misery.

brummytom, imo, paracetomal doesn't work on hangovers, you need nurofen or solpadeine. Get some of that, lie down with your eyes closed for an hour and then have something greasy with something milky to drink and you'll feel a lot better. Keep drinking water and other liquids for a few hours too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Headache-y. Very very headachey

I took a paracetomol which seems to have done some good, and I've been drinking loads of water but my head's throbbing all over

That probably won't go away unless you get a decent amount of sleep.

Just go down to your local offy and get 2 cans, once you get back into the buzz you'll be grand for a few more hours.

• Advertisement

Lukker- wrote: »
    That probably won't go away unless you get a decent amount of sleep.

Just go down to your local offy and get 2 cans, once you get back into the buzz you'll be grand for a few more hours.

Jesus, I don't want to see another can again. Ever. I'm not old enough to buy them anyway :P

I got to bed about 1ish, woke at 7 and couldn't get back to sleep :/ I don't have time for a sleep now anyway.... not good.

I can't remember half of last night, and I wish I couldn't remember the bits I can

Jesus, I don't want to see another can again. Ever. I'm not old enough to buy them anyway :P

I got to bed about 1ish, woke at 7 and couldn't get back to sleep :/ I don't have time for a sleep now anyway.... not good.

I can't remember half of last night, and I wish I couldn't remember the bits I can

Welcome to adulthood - that's how you'll more than likely spend your weekends for the next ten years. I 45 minutes talking about mine and my friends boobs to my OHs work mates on Friday night. I'm mortified. White wine is evil. :o:o

watna wrote: »
    I also have cut back on my drinking due to horrific hangovers but had one yesterday. I wanted to be put to death to put me out of my misery.

brummytom, imo, paracetomal doesn't work on hangovers, you need nurofen or solpadeine. Get some of that, lie down with your eyes closed for an hour and then have something greasy with something milky to drink and you'll feel a lot better. Keep drinking water and other liquids for a few hours too.

If you are able to eat or drink then it's not a real hangover imo.
    This is why my hangovers are so bad, I can't eat, I can barely drink more than a sip of water and they last 2 days minimum = stop drinking.

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

Big Mac meal with a milkshake cures me 90% of the time. Sometimes there is just way too much drink taken for anything to cure it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Sh1t/****/fry.

In whatever order you like.

Do all three at the one time.

Advertisement