Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recovering from a Hangover?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭*giggles*

My friend was celebrating her 18th last night, and true to form, she was a little worse for wear this morning. She woke up to the sound of her younger sister playing the keyboard beside her:p
    I hear bottle of Powerade will cure what ails ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Six can of Monster Energy, bottle of Jagr and 12 pack of BACON!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

The only cure is the hair of the dog,

It will take a good hour to get the first one into you and then you should be flying after that.

Had to do it myself today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

brummytom wrote: »

Oh wow, that looks so tasty... I must get the recipe off you..:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Now Tommo, be honest, you made this thread just to tell us how much you drank last night, didn't you? :P

jumpguy wrote: »
    Now Tommo, be honest, you made this thread just to tell us how much you drank last night, didn't you? :P

Do you really think I'd admit to drinking WKD and Bicardi Breezer just for the sake of it? :eek:

Do you really think I'd admit to drinking WKD and Bicardi Breezer just for the sake of it? :eek:
    No...now I'm wondering how you're hungover at all.

Wuss :P

My mate (who's house it was) got alcohol posioning after like only 5 cans... but he's little with no fat so that might have something to do with it :P. I didn't feel pissed last night, but I think I might have been.
    I remember telling a lad I've only met once before that my family had all died in a fire, after my mom bathed in petrol and decided to take up smoking :/

My mate's uncle turned up and started screaming so we had to leave.
    I hate adults :(

I remember telling a lad I've only met once before that my family had all died in a fire, after my mom bathed in petrol and decided to take up smoking :/
    How's it you're great sense of humour isn't scoring you chicks? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Ahh English teens drinking.

You'd feel sorry for the poor craters they just cant do it right its not instinctive for them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

WKD is actually pretty nice (not as nice as Bulmers). Nothing to be ashamed of, just watch your back if you actually buy it yourself.

Pygmalion wrote: »
    WKD is actually pretty nice (not as nice as Bulmers). Nothing to be ashamed of, just watch your back if you actually buy it yourself.
    And your teeth!

Ahh English teens drinking.

You'd feel sorry for the poor craters they just cant do it right its not instinctive for them!

Exactly.

And my first foray into the world of drink was only about a month ago, I handled it much better than two of my mates! It's all very fuzzy now. I remember one screaming "THE FARMER'S GONNA SHOOT US, THE FARMER'S GONNA SHOOT US. WE'RE IN HIS FIELD".
    There was no farmer. It was a park

Exactly.

And my first foray into the world of drink was only about a month ago, I handled it much better than two of my mates! It's all very fuzzy now. I remember one screaming "THE FARMER'S GONNA SHOOT US, THE FARMER'S GONNA SHOOT US. WE'RE IN HIS FIELD".
    There was no farmer. It was a park
    Whereas here,there would be a farmer and he would shoot you.

Someone should bring him to the Ploughing Championships!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

You'll find beer, cider and all that watery stuff tend to give you terrible hangovers. Stick with spirits. They're... more healthy for you. Except gin, it's poison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Shryke wrote: »
    You'll find beer, cider and all that watery stuff tend to give you terrible hangovers. Stick with spirits. They're... more healthy for you. Except gin, it's poison.
    I found that out the other night... Had to look it up and read it on five different sites before I started to believe it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 praiseach

sorry to ask a stoopid question but what the frig is fapping???

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭BigDaddyCan

praiseach wrote: »

Spanking the monkey.

The favourite past-time of 16 year old boys

• Advertisement

Its like frigging,but not as violent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

It can get violent enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

I was gonna mention it earlier Tom, but I thought you weren't a drinker? You've drank a wider variety of slops in two piss ups than Shane MacGowan has in a a lifetime. Mad for the ale.

I was gonna mention it earlier Tom, but I thought you weren't a drinker? You've drank a wider variety of slops in two piss ups than Shane MacGowan has in a a lifetime. Mad for the ale.

As I say, I only started drinking at all during the summer. Making up for lost time and all that :P.

And;
    Jack Daniels >> Bells

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Reindeer

Drink causes hypoglycemia and dehydration when approached too eagerly. Look em up and you'll have an idea what to do. No real cure for the questionable taste in alcoholic beverages, though. Sorry, mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I haven't read this whole thread so maybe someone has mentioned this but I have to share it, I find those wee things you rub on your forehead for headaches brilliant for hangovers 'cos when I've a bad one I can't keep painkillers down:(. I've had really bad ones....where I've been sitting on the toilet but draped across the sink skittering and puking similtaneously...and as my neck has been stretched I've made sounds like something out of Jurrassic Park...scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Sh1t/****/fry.

In whatever order you like.

Do ya Fry the first two?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Simple, dont drink alcohol, failing that, dring a huge glass of after before you go to bed, helps flush out the toxins?

Do you have a sports gym with a sauna or steam room close by. If so, go into the sauna,then the steam room (always drinking lots of water and it will flush the toxins out of you.

Another way is to go for a long walk, seriously, it is gets your heart and lungs back into working order.

NB* I am not trying to be a moderator of giving personal advice. I am simply giving him some advice from my many years of binge drinking.

By the way OP, what age are you? Because geinking so much that you have blackouts faied a red flag over your dringing. Just to test yourself, dring (not binging)

K.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Novella wrote: »
    You need to go to Burger King, young man!

And be a sport and bring me one...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭scanlas

Jump into a swimming pool, next best would be a long icy cold shower.

Forger about a fry, it does nothing.

Advertisement