Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rosiekitty

There's a movie I once saw on tv as a Christmas special. It was stop-motion animation, and there was a scene where a young man (I think Saint Nicholas) got into his bed and was dying. Someone cried over him, and then he "slept" or something for some years. He eventually woke up, and had gained a beard and (apparently) immortality, and had turned into Santa Claus. Does anyone know what this movie's title is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

rosiekitty wrote: »
    There's a movie I once saw on tv as a Christmas special. It was stop-motion animation, and there was a scene where a young man (I think Saint Nicholas) got into his bed and was dying. Someone cried over him, and then he "slept" or something for some years. He eventually woke up, and had gained a beard and (apparently) immortality, and had turned into Santa Claus. Does anyone know what this movie's title is?

Is it "The Life & Adventures of Santa Claus"?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rosiekitty

Could be. I'm not entirely sure; the movie I'm remembering has a scene where he actually dies, and someone cries over him. I just looked at the movie you mentioned on YouTube, but it doesn't contain that scene. On the other hand, there must be a bazillion stop-motion animation movies about Christmas, so I could be mixing them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Reon

ive been looking for this movie for years and randomly searched movie trailers and holy sh.it how lucky was i the movie is at 3:14 in this clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BjTsjgk3Lg

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,170 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Reon wrote: »
    ive been looking for this movie for years and randomly searched movie trailers and holy sh.it how lucky was i the movie is at 3:14 in this clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BjTsjgk3Lg

It's called Powder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Reon

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It's called Powder.

no homo i love you!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Can't think of the name of the film and only seen the bare end of it and want to watch the whole thing, only thing I can tell ye is it's about a rock band doing a gig in the open and it's about to rain and one the girls backstage says something like "don't you bloody dare" also the guitarist comes in half way during the final song??

Yeah not a lot to go on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

You absoloute hero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Haven't seen it in years but that last scene stuck in my head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Just a Plinker

Hi all film buffs I am now going to test your memory lol, I am looking for the name of a film I saw on telly in the late 70's early 80's, It was a world war 3 type film, The only thing I can remember with clarity was the armoured vehicles had 3 wheels on each axle, It was I think about the USA being invaded, I was not allowed to stay up to see the end of it:mad: but now it has been nagging me, It is now a kind of bucket list thing for me, I tought it might have been the Day After, but after tracking down a copy it was not, It was well before Red Dawn also, Any ideas please please fire up some names.

In advance many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

are you thinking of damnation alley?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

Mad Max 2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

Damnation Alley? :

Landmaster.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭98-00

British film set in London, I think. Released within the last few years, probable did not have a big release.

The film follows a policeman and a reporter trying to find a cop killer. The first police officer killed is a woman at night, later a young policeman is shot in a police car, the killer is dressed as a cop. The killer lives in a council flat and keeps weapons and disguise in an old Jag on bricks in a basement carpark.
    The reporter is contacted by the killer early in the film.

I can't remember the name of the actor playing the killer but he has being in several smaller British films.

I can describe more but I might be mixing it with another film.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

98-00 wrote: »
    British film set in London, I think. Released within the last few years, probable did not have a big release.

The film follows a policeman and a reporter trying to find a cop killer. The first police officer killed is a woman at night, later a young policeman is shot in a police car, the killer is dressed as a cop. The killer lives in a council flat and keeps weapons and disguise in an old Jag on bricks in a basement carpark.

I can't remember the name of the actor playing the killer but he has being in several smaller British films.

Sound a bit like
    May I Kill U? (2012)

Blitz with jason statham

Blitz is it, Thanks Arawn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

98-00 wrote: »

Arawn wrote: »
    Blitz with jason statham

Statham was the cop, the serial killer was Aidan Gillen.

• Advertisement

I forgot Statham was in it. But the fact that I watched Snatched today probable got me thinking about the film.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Is that the one where Statham is "Irish" and beats a guy with a hurley? Makes me shudder.

Is that the one where Statham is "Irish" and beats a guy with a hurley? Makes me shudder.

no he doesn try to be irish, he just goes this is a hurley from the irish game of hurling which is a cross between hockey and murder

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Arawn wrote: »
    no he doesn try to be irish, he just goes this is a hurley from the irish game of hurling which is a cross between hockey and murder

But does he not consistently say he's Irish? Not saying he does an accent just that he states that he's Irish and so do others though presumably second generation.

But does he not consistently say he's Irish? Not saying he does an accent just that he states that he's Irish and so do others though presumably second generation.

he could do, cant remember tbh, i just remember that line because it's pretty much what hurling must appear to be to foreigners

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Does anyone remember a sketch where some women are doing posh training, walking with books on your head etc. they were doing the pencil up the butt test and when the teacher asked this old bag (maybe a man in drag) for the pencil back, she said something like 'oh i'm sorry dear i'm afraid we've lost it'. The bag was a bit like Maggie Thatcher. Would have been on RTE in the 80's I think, a clip shown on an Irish show late at night.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Anyone know the name of a film from 80's (maybe early 90's) about a teenager who tries to kidnap Elvis to bring him home to his sick (maybe) mother for a date? Elvis ends up staying a while and helps the kid with his band.

I can see the faces of the guy who played Elvis and the kid but I can't think of their names or anything else they've been in.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Heartbreak Hotel

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095288/

I remember watching it one night myself long ago. And oddly enough I was just watching a recent episode of Hawaii Five 0 and the guy who played Elvis was in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Anyone know the name of a film from 80's (maybe early 90's) about a teenager who tries to kidnap Elvis to bring him home to his sick (maybe) mother for a date? Elvis ends up staying a while and helps the kid with his band.

I can see the faces of the guy who played Elvis and the kid but I can't think of their names or anything else they've been in.

Heartbreak Hotel?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Heartbreak Hotel?

Yes! That's the one. Thanks :)

Advertisement