Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

LawlessBoy wrote: »
    Hi hopefully someone on here can help me with this!

The movie im looking for would be recent enough but for the ammount of time ive spent thinking about it i just cant remember the name! I am not 100% sure if its a movie iv'e seen or a series finale im thinking of:pac:

Anyway its based in america as so many films are. But its like after a war of some or, or a collapse in the government. The country is broken up into factions with the notherly ones being a bit communist. I remember towards the end of it, it ended by the characters getting a package to the 2nd largest faction in the country being Texas.

Anyone able to throw some names out there for me? Am i even thinking of a film?

I've never seen it but is it the Postman with Kevin Costner?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

I've never seen it but is it the Postman with Kevin Costner?

No that's not it thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 33,208 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

LawlessBoy wrote: »
    Hi hopefully someone on here can help me with this!

The movie im looking for would be recent enough but for the ammount of time ive spent thinking about it i just cant remember the name! I am not 100% sure if its a movie iv'e seen or a series finale im thinking of:pac:

Anyway its based in america as so many films are. But its like after a war of some or, or a collapse in the government. The country is broken up into factions with the notherly ones being a bit communist. I remember towards the end of it, it ended by the characters getting a package to the 2nd largest faction in the country being Texas.

Anyone able to throw some names out there for me? Am i even thinking of a film?

No, you're thinking of a TV series called "jericho".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jericho_(TV_series)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

No, you're thinking of a TV series called "jericho".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jericho_(TV_series)

Thats it! Thanks a million!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lizzy123

nobody managed to find me the name of that movie....
    that's a comedy, i think it might be french, where a man works on some project and someone steals it, and he suspects some person.
    one day it happens that this person who he suspects that stole his project runs over him and kills him. this man who got killed id reborn into a baby to the man who killed him (and stole his project). we can hear the baby's thoughts.
    the father in this family (the man who killed that person and stole the project) is the most normal and loves the baby the most. the mother and grandma always put him (the baby) in dangerous situations, but the baby hates the father (as he thinks he stole his project). when at some point the baby discover that someone else stole the project, he begins to love the father, but then he dies in his crib.
    there's some background story going on with the wife of this man who got killed (the reborn baby) and eventually he is born as a baby to his wife.
    i've been looking for this movie name everywhere, will be glad if anyone can tell me it's name, thanks :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

Hi all

I've had some success in this forum over the years, but still have one
    that eludes me:

*It's an American film in colour.

*Made sometime between late 70s to early 90s.

*It was probably a made-for-tv film.

*It is the story of a man and a woman who are drug addicts, but
    can function in their jobs.

*The man stops using drugs and gets a job in a cinema making popcorn,
    His drug dealer comes to the cinema try to tempt him back to using drugs.

*The woman is a nurse and collapses at work in a hospital. When she is
    being revived by the emergency team, they remove her clothes and
    find needle marks on her body.

*The woman has vivid blonde hair. I've seen her in these kind of made-for-tv,
    family-friendly movies before. She has a very distinctive look and if I saw
    her once in anything else, I'd be able to make an identity. So that's my excuse
    for watching True Movies 1 + 2 :)

Thanks for any help.
    Happy viewing,
    Barney

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

Hi all

I've had some success in this forum over the years, but still have one
    that eludes me:

*It's an American film in colour.

*Made sometime between late 70s to early 90s.

*It was probably a made-for-tv film.

*It is the story of a man and a woman who are drug addicts, but
    can function in their jobs.

*The woman has vivid blonde hair. I've seen her in these kind of made-for-tv,
    family-friendly movies before. She has a very distinctive look and if I saw
    her once in anything else, I'd be able to make an identity. So that's my excuse
    for watching True Movies 1 + 2 :)

Thanks for any help.
    Happy viewing,
    Barney

have you tried visiting:

http://www.truemovies.tv

and use the search pane, type drugs, nurse etc.

You might find the movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭brian_t

Sounds like Darkness Before Dawn with Meredith Baxter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

brian_t wrote: »
    Sounds like Darkness Before Dawn with Meredith Baxter.

Yes that's it. Another one off the list! :)

Thanks for the help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

looking for help finding 2 horror films.
    They're both late 80's to early 90's ish i think.
    The first one is about vampires and all I can remember is that it revolves around a group taking refuge in an old church type building, I think they have some artifact or something that the vampires want. sound familiar?

The second film there is some guy that owns an antique shop in a coastal town, turns out hes the devil or something. ring a bell?

thanks.

• Advertisement

Zombienosh wrote: »
    The first one is about vampires and all I can remember is that it revolves around a group taking refuge in an old church type building, I think they have some artifact or something that the vampires want. sound familiar?

The second film there is some guy that owns an antique shop in a coastal town, turns out hes the devil or something. ring a bell?

thanks.

First one sounds like Prince of Darkness

and the second is Needful Things

First one sounds like Price of Darkness

€6.66?

First one sounds like Prince of Darkness

and the second is Needful Things

Excellent the second one is right, Needful things.

The first one isn't the one i'm thinking off, the church they take refuge in and the location its shot is kinda of westernish like in the desert somewhere. I thought it might have been john carpenters vampires but it wasn't.

The first one isn't the one i'm thinking off, the church they take refuge in and the location its shot is kinda of westernish like in the desert somewhere. I thought it might have been john carpenters vampires but it wasn't.

Maybe check out the sequel Vampires: Los Muertos or are you perhaps thinking of Tales From the Crypt: Demon Knight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

second one isn't from dusk till dawn is it?

crazygeryy wrote: »
    second one isn't from dusk till dawn is it?

no, but it's something similar alright.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,189 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

no, but it's something similar alright.

One of the sequels maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

Bordello of Blood (1996) It's could be this sequel to Demon Knight
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGe7kfi0lZA

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ianhmoore

thanks.

I'm wondering if the first one is actually one of the short stories from "The Monster Club" (although dates are way out). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20Pxj2_CEhw Check out about 1:22:45 for the part that matches up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

This one is for the Dad. I'm not expecting successes on this one. It's an old b&w British b-movie he saw in 'The State' cinema in Phibsborough, D7.

He just remembers the ''crooks'' in the film are discussing a bank job. They talk about how that have someone ''casing'' the place right now. Then the camera cuts to a guy in a typically long raincoat observing the bank via a reflection in a sweetshops glass.

My Dad says this scene had everyone sitting in the cinema in fits of laughter even though it was supposed to be very serious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 gzmdmc

This one is for the Dad. I'm not expecting successes on this one. It's an old b&w British b-movie he saw in 'The State' cinema in Phibsborough, D7.

He just remembers the ''crooks'' in the film are discussing a bank job. They talk about how that have someone ''casing'' the place right now. Then the camera cuts to a guy in a typically long raincoat observing the bank via a reflection in a sweetshops glass.

My Dad says this scene had everyone sitting in the cinema in fits of laughter even though it was supposed to be very serious.

Is it the Lady Killers??? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ladykillers

gzmdmc wrote: »

No, no-one famous was in it. It was a real b-move. Something shown along with the main feature.

No, no-one famous was in it. It was a real b-move. Something shown along with the main feature.

Does your dad know roughly when he seen the movie?

Does your dad know roughly when he seen the movie?

Around 1960!

Around 1960!

Only other one I can think of is bank raiders 1958

Only other one I can think of is bank raiders 1958

I tried him with that. Couldnt find a trailer but the found a title picture of the bank and he seem's to remember it being it on a corner aswell. Strong suspect there, If you got it, well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Any ideas?
    Trying to find a western that I think was mainly a cattle drive but one of the villians was missing a finger (or fingers) and wore a black glove to hide it. For some reason I thought Richard Widmark was in it but cant see what I'm looking for on IMDB so just thought I'd pop it in here. Havent seen it for about 30 years and it's bugging me :-)

Any ideas?

Jack Palance wears a black glove in Shane but honestly I know sweet fa about the film beyond it being one of my da's favourites and seeing very small bits and pieces of it over the years but not enough to say if it's the film you're after.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Jack Palance wears a black glove in Shane but honestly I know sweet fa about the film beyond it being one of my da's favourites and seeing very small bits and pieces of it over the years but not enough to say if it's the film you're after.

Thanks, definitely not 'Shane' though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

Trying to find a western that I think was mainly a cattle drive but one of the villians was missing a finger (or fingers) and wore a black glove to hide it. For some reason I thought Richard Widmark was in it but cant see what I'm looking for on IMDB so just thought I'd pop it in here. Havent seen it for about 30 years and it's bugging me :-)

Don't know the film, but i do know that 'Lee Van Cleef' was missing a finger and he's been in a lot of westerns. It was shown in The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, Check IMDB on his movies.

Advertisement