Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭Worztron

Well done, jh79.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

silverharp wrote: »
    trying to remember an old black and white British based detective series (probably 40's era), something similar to the 1940's Sherlock Holmes, it would have been early evening fare back in the day on RTE or BBC2 maybe.

Bulldog Drummond?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 CatHerder

I seen a movie or tv show recently where women were using some sort of dating guide on men, The men realized this and started using the same guide unbeknownst to the women. What movie or show was this on?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

There's an old film with Sandra Dee and Bobby Darin which had a very similar theme - she was using a dog training manual her mother had given her. It could be a remake of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

CatHerder wrote: »
    I seen a movie or tv show recently where women were using some sort of dating guide on men, The men realized this and started using the same guide unbeknownst to the women. What movie or show was this on?

Think like a man?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Hey guys, trying to remember a movie I saw years ago, maybe 10 years, a group of young ones go to a cabin for the weekend, typical horror fair. Another guy shows up and holds them hostage or tries to kill one of them. Think he is related to one of those already there. Ring any bells?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Kolido wrote: »
    Hey guys, trying to remember a movie I saw years ago, maybe 10 years, a group of young ones go to a cabin for the weekend, typical horror fair. Another guy shows up and holds them hostage or tries to kill one of them. Think he is related to one of those already there. Ring any bells?

Cabin Fever?

Nope not that, I think it was something less mainstream than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Kolido wrote: »

Tucker & Dale Vs Evil

or

The Cabin In The Woods

Not those either, I've checked this list and it's none of these.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/ew.com/movies/18-best-cabin-woods-horror-movies/amp/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Maybe something from this list? In fairness, the cabin in the woods is a pretty well-established trope in a lot of horror movies. Do you remember any of the actors in it?

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls062654405/

Yeah I figured that, have searched google to no avail.

May not have been a cabin in the woods exactly, may have been just a secluded house. Cant remember anyone in it unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,914 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Right, this isn't a movie as such. It was a British episode of a horror show that used to be on in the 70's.

In the episode a rich professor, psychiatrist or author (or something) invites a load of dinner guests to his house. They are all students or fans of his. But they find out the he's been keeping people locked up in padded cells upstairs in his mansion. He has a servant that goes mad when a bell rings I think, like Pavlov's dogs or something.

Saw it years ago and it never left me.

But I cannot remember the TV show. It's not 'Hammer' anyway. Or 'Armchair Thriller'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

Tony EH wrote: »
    Right, this isn't a movie as such. It was a British episode of a horror show that used to be on in the 70's.

In the episode a rich professor, psychiatrist or author (or something) invites a load of dinner guests to his house. They are all students or fans of his. But they find out the he's been keeping people locked up in padded cells upstairs in his mansion. He has a servant that goes mad when a bell rings I think, like Pavlov's dogs or something.

But I cannot remember the TV show. It's not 'Hammer' anyway. Or 'Armchair Thriller'.

Tales of the unexpected?

RobMc59 wrote: »
    Tales of the unexpected?

Nope. Checked that.

Nope. Checked that.

Hi Tony. Would it be a episode from Thriller? https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0164295/

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

No, neither of them. Although that 'Dead of Night' show looked great. There's only a few episodes surviving off of that. All on YouTube.

Worztron wrote: »
    Hi Tony. Would it be a episode from Thriller? https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0164295/

I'll check. There must be an episode list somewhere.

I'll check. There must be an episode list somewhere.

Here you go: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thriller_(British_TV_series)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭MfMan

Though it doesn't accurately fit the description, 'Children Of The Stones' ?

(Excellent and creepy TV series from back then, if you've never seen it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSIpkxMkT0M )

MfMan wrote: »
    Though it doesn't accurately fit the description, 'Children Of The Stones' ?

(Excellent and creepy TV series from back then, if you've never seen it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSIpkxMkT0M )

Nope, it's not that. I know 'Children of the Stones' really well.

Worztron wrote: »

Cheers. Unfortunately that's just a episode list. There's no synopsis. However, 'Thriller' seems to be up on YouTube. So, I'll have a rifle though that and see if I can't recognise the think I'm looking for.

So I finally found this thing.

It's 'Thriller', S04E04 - A Killer in Every Corner. It has the great Patrick Magee in it, if you're old enough to remember who that is.

It's 'Thriller', S04E04 - A Killer in Every Corner. It has the great Patrick Magee in it, if you're old enough to remember who that is.

Well done on finding it.

Well, I wouldn't have if you hadn't told me what the name of the show was. :D

Well, I wouldn't have if you hadn't told me what the name of the show was. :D

True, you're welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,271 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Brilliant....I was looking but didn't get that far into the episodes.

Thought this one was brilliant though.....bonus Liz Montgomery and Mr Bickley

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

^
    That's the wrong 'Thriller' :D . That's the older American one, with Boris Karloff. I've seen some of them on YouTube.

The one I was thinking of is a British TV show (repeated in the 80's) that was produced by Brian Clemens, who used to do 'The Persuaders', 'The New Avengers' and 'The Professionals'.

This is the episode I remembered as a kid. TBH, it isn't great, but it was just one of those things you see once and never forget for some reason.

• Advertisement

Irish movie set in Dublin. Teenagers. Groups.
    Use of smartphones. The main character is texted by phone to meet up with the rest of them in Henry Street. When she reaches there, she texts them to ask where the rest are. Oh they didn't actually go to town. She tries to take her life.

2011 thereabouts

Advertisement