Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Johnner101

New Home wrote: »
    I wouldn't be sure about the rabbit, but the lift, and Satan (eating a boiled egg), remind me of Angel Heart - brilliant but absolutely terrifying film for a kid to watch. Robert De Niro as the devil didn't look like Christoper Lee, though... Whether that's the right film, that's a whole different story.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angel_Heart

Thank you but not that one :( it is just a memory I have but it's very vague wish I could remember more

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Alienigenis

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I'd say OP was part ofnsome sort of top secret government program as a child and, somehow, his experiences are trying to break through his subconscious.

Not gonna lie, that would explain a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Johnner101 wrote: »
    Not sure if this was in a movie or a tv show

My dad had it on vcr back when I was a kid . I would say the late 80's early 90's

I just remember it used to scare me even though it might have been a comedy for all I remember

The scenes I remember are a group of people in fancy dress running across a road , one of them dressed up as a rabbit .

Then the scene that scared me was this weird guy in like a big house or factory , like a creepy servent and then this lift starts coming up through the big house and it opens and this older gentleman comes out and he looks like a Christopher Lee type character and the servent is calling him master . For some reason i think the guy in the lift is Satan .

Long shot if anyone knows it

Wouldnt be Phantasm would it?

Some similarities to what youve mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Johnner101

Wouldnt be Phantasm would it?

Some similarities to what youve mentioned.

Hi there

Not that either . Thanks for answer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Right, when I was a kid I remember seeing this movie really late one night, and what I remember clearly, and I know I'm too young to have dreamed of something so vivid… is that it was about a man who is in a large and dark room at a desk with a lot of people. Everyone has a desk, like a large classroom, but it's got gray walls and looks corporate and sterile. They all have a piece of paper and a pen, and a large screen has a ****ed up film being displayed on it. There are no decipherable images as they flicker by so fast, but the man goes into a seizure-like trance and begins scrawling something on the page. He draws the image below.
    I forget what happens between then and the next part, but he finds a girl and the two of them are walking along train tracks. She asks him questions, but he can't talk for some reason.

That's really all I can remember.
    Nobody I know can recall this movie, but I know I'd never be able to imagine something that vivid, considering the fact that my dreams at that age were filled with Spyro the Dragon, and Pokémon.

This is a long shot but I'm going to take a stab at Pi.Debut film by Darren Aronofsky.I saw it when it came out and can't remember all of it but the character going into a trance and scribbling down strange symbols rings a bell and the whole film did have this weird dreamlike (or nightmare) feel to it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pi_(film)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Alienigenis

darkdubh wrote: »
    This is a long shot but I'm going to take a stab at Pi.Debut film by Darren Aronofsky.I saw it when it came out and can't remember all of it but the character going into a trance and scribbling down strange symbols rings a bell and the whole film did have this weird dreamlike (or nightmare) feel to it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pi_(film)

I've actually seen Pi just a few months ago, and while it's not the movie I remember, it is quite good. Thanks though :)

British psychological thriller set in swinging London and dating from the late 60s or early 70s.Saw it years ago so not clear on all the details,there was a guy in it who was a fashion photographer who I think was killing women.The scene I remember most clearly is when the hero (who might be a photographer too,not sure) is snooping around and gets into the killers flat,he finds that the whole place is plastered with photos of the main female character who I think is the heroes girlfriend,he then realises that yer man is the psycho and that he has an unhealthy obsession with the love interest.Can't remember too much else.

Oh and it was not Blow Up or Hitchhocks Frenzy.Or Peeping Tom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

British psychological thriller set in swinging London and dating from the late 60s or early 70s.Saw it years ago so not clear on all the details,there was a guy in it who was a fashion photographer who I think was killing women.The scene I remember most clearly is when the hero (who might be a photographer too,not sure) is snooping around and gets into the killers flat,he finds that the whole place is plastered with photos of the main female character who I think is the heroes girlfriend,he then realises that yer man is the psycho and that he has an unhealthy obsession with the love interest.Can't remember too much else.

Oh and it was not Blow Up or Hitchhocks Frenzy.

Haven't seen it yet but could it be Peeping Tom?

Haven't seen it yet but could it be Peeping Tom?

No,after I posted It struck me that people will probably think its that so reedited it.Deffo not Peeping Tom,it had a real B-Movie feel to it,I'm sure the whole thing was set in the fasion industry.There were a lot of scenes of dolly birds in mini skirts and the male characters looked like they were straight out of Austin Powers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭jh79

No,after I posted It struck me that people will probably think its that so reedited it.Deffo not Peeping Tom,it had a real B-Movie feel to it,I'm sure the whole thing was set in the fasion industry.There were a lot of scenes of dolly birds in mini skirts and the male characters looked like they were straight out of Austin Powers.

Could it be Italian? Maybe "Blood and Black Lace" or "Strip Nude for your Killer"?

• Advertisement

jh79 wrote: »
    Could it be Italian? Maybe "Blood and Black Lace" or "Strip Nude for your Killer"?

Looked up both and its neither of those.I'm pretty certain it was British,or at least the main actors were British and certain it was set in London.There was a lot of sub-Carry On type dialogue about "Birds" etc. Can't remember it being very graphic.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I remember seeing something similar ages ago, but I can't remember the title either. I only remember a couple of scenes: the inside of an apartment -probably the murderer's studio- and then the final scene in which the murderer was lead into the woods by a chap that wanted him to get caught, and as soon as he gets into a clearing he realises there are dozens of cameras hanging from the trees around him that are taking pictures of him and that he can't escape them all. I think it was set either in the 70s or the very early 80s. Does that ring any bells with you?

I remember seeing something similar ages ago, but I can't remember the title either. I only remember a couple of scenes: the inside of an apartment -probably the murderer's studio- and then the final scene in which the murderer was lead into the woods by a chap that wanted him to get caught, and as soon as he gets into a clearing he realises there are dozens of cameras hanging from the trees around him that are taking pictures of him and that he can't escape them all. I think it was set either in the 70s or the very early 80s. Does that ring any bells with you?

It dosent ring a bell though thats not to say its not it.I can't remember how the movie I saw ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Blow-Up?

It's 60s London fashion photographer with a killer...

Blow-Up?

It's 60s London fashion photographer with a killer...

No.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Could it be 'Double Exposure' or 'The Photographer'?

Could it be 'Double Exposure' or 'The Photographer'?

No,its neither of those.Theyre both American and in the wrong time frame.I can say almost for certain that it dates from sometime between 1967 and 1972 certainly no earlier or later.If you took out the psycho killing women angle it looked and felt like an episode of Randal And Hopkirk Deceased or Jason King though I'm certain it was a movie.

Fair enough. :) Hopefully someone will have the answer for you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Was this like an (s)exploitation flick? Because they were dime a dozen during that period. And they all seemed to be about the same thing: female models being murdered. They eventually evolved into the modern slasher with Halloween.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

I don't have much to go on here but it's worth a go. All I can remember is that it was a futuristic/space setting, there were little floating robots/weapons, I think the ones for the good guys were spheres and for the bad guys they were cubes.

It would've most likely been made in the 70s or 80s I'd imagine because I saw it as a kid and I was born in 77. I'm not even sure if it was a film or tv show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Thanatosgratus

RonanP77 wrote: »
    I don't have much to go on here but it's worth a go. All I can remember is that it was a futuristic/space setting, there were little floating robots/weapons, I think the ones for the good guys were spheres and for the bad guys they were cubes.

It would've most likely been made in the 70s or 80s I'd imagine because I saw it as a kid and I was born in 77. I'm not even sure if it was a film or tv show.

TerraHawks it was a 39 episode tv series from Gerry Anderson you can find them all on youtube
    en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Terrahawks_episodes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

TerraHawks it was a 39 episode tv series from Gerry Anderson you can find them all on youtube en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Terrahawks_episodes

Yep, that's it, thanks a million.

Was this like an (s)exploitation flick? Because they were dime a dozen during that period. And they all seemed to be about the same thing: female models being murdered. They eventually evolved into the modern slasher with Halloween.

Well it was on the TV I saw it (RTE),there wasn't any nudity that I can remember but it was kind of an exploitation movie albeit a fairly tame enough one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭RichT

Well it was on the TV I saw it (RTE),there wasn't any nudity that I can remember but it was kind of an exploitation movie albeit a fairly tame enough one.

Could it be an episode from The Thriller TV series that was shown on ITV during The 70's?

I've singled out a possible in the above link, but have a look through the complete episode list and see if anything jumps out.

They used to scare the hell out of me when I was a young lad.

RichT wrote: »
    Could it be an episode from The Thriller TV series that was shown on ITV during The 70's?

I've singled out a possible in the above link, but have a look through the complete episode list and see if anything jumps out.

They used to scare the hell out of me when I was a young lad.

Interesting,good call.I don't think its that episode featured in the link,I'll have a look through some of the other ones.

One other scene that I vaugely remember is the killer photographer doing a photoshoot with the unsuspecting female character who hes obsessed with though we don't know this yet.Shes wearing a mini skirt and knee high boots and theres a shot of him leering at her legs and saying "nice view" or something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Some of what you describe is reminiscent of 80s slasher classic, Maniac starring Joe Spinnell.

Though if you saw it on RTE its unlikely that's it.

Some of what you describe is reminiscent of 80s slasher classic, Maniac starring Joe Spinnell.

Though if you saw it on RTE its unlikely that's it.

Nah ,its deffo not that.Saw it years ago on a pirated VHS.They did show clips from it on RTE on a Today Tonight special about video nasties in the mid 80s though.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Johnner101 wrote: »
    Not sure if this was in a movie or a tv show

My dad had it on vcr back when I was a kid . I would say the late 80's early 90's

I just remember it used to scare me even though it might have been a comedy for all I remember

The scenes I remember are a group of people in fancy dress running across a road , one of them dressed up as a rabbit .

Then the scene that scared me was this weird guy in like a big house or factory , like a creepy servent and then this lift starts coming up through the big house and it opens and this older gentleman comes out and he looks like a Christopher Lee type character and the servent is calling him master . For some reason i think the guy in the lift is Satan .

Long shot if anyone knows it

Could it be this ..... ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6zmvE-uEu0 - Bloodbath At the House of Death ? Christopher Lee is not in it, Vincent Price was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

About 5 years ago (maybe longer), I saw an independent movie in the cinema based in a rough area of Glasgow. I think it was about a teenager who didn't fit in with the tough gang-like nature of his neighborhood. I recall very little specific scenes from it, but I do remember one of the teenager's classmates had very think glasses.

Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

About 5 years ago (maybe longer), I saw an independent movie in the cinema based in a rough area of Glasgow. I think it was about a teenager who didn't fit in with the tough gang-like nature of his neighborhood. I recall very little specific scenes from it, but I do remember one of the teenager's classmates had very think glasses.

Any ideas?

Neds?

Advertisement