Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Kolido wrote: »

That's the one I was thinking pod but couldn't remember the name! Wasn't bad iirc but very odd by the end.

There's also one called Dark Mountain that might fit the bill. I haven't seen it but it would fit the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

Kolido wrote: »

that's it thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

That's the one I was thinking pod but couldn't remember the name! Wasn't bad iirc but very odd by the end.

There's also one called Dark Mountain that might fit the bill. I haven't seen it but it would fit the bill.

Dark Mountain is one i'm gonna look for too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭EternalHope

My Aunt told me about a psychological thriller she saw in the 1970's. The only part she can remember is there was a few people male and female visiting at a house having dinner.One of the men fancied one of the women but she did not fancy him.

Something frightening happened and she wanted to leave so bad she said to him " If you take me away now you can spend the night" so she was really scared. I am not sure was the source of fear in the house or on the way. It could have been earthly like a killer or supernatural like spirits.

I would love to see it if anyone know what it was

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

My Aunt told me about a psychological thriller she saw in the 1970's. The only part she can remember is there was a few people male and female visiting at a house having dinner.One of the men fancied one of the women but she did not fancy him.

Something frightening happened and she wanted to leave so bad she said to him " If you take me away now you can spend the night" so she was really scared. I am not sure was the source of fear in the house or on the way. It could have been earthly like a killer or supernatural like spirits.

I would love to see it if anyone know what it was

I was reading an article in Sight And Sound from a couple of years ago about BBC horror/supernatural shorts from the 70s,many of which were part of the Play For Today series.Sounds a little like this one maybe,which starred Clive Swift(Richard in Keeping Up Appearences)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0346845/?ref_=fn_al_tt_4.

• Advertisement

darkdubh wrote: »
    I was reading an article in Sight And Sound from a couple of years ago about BBC horror/supernatural shorts from the 70s,many of which were part of the Play For Today series.Sounds a little like this one maybe,which starred Clive Swift(Richard in Keeping Up Appearences)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0346845/?ref_=fn_al_tt_4.
    thanks, will check it out. No not it. In the film you linked the couples are married. in the film i want at least one man and one woman aren't. She does not like him but is prepared to spend the night with him if he takes her away as she is that scared

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Reon

Movie ..some guy needs to pass a drug test for the cops or something but ends up smoking weed before hand he then buys a pippete and some chemicals i think its vinegar and pippettes it inside his penis to pass the test.but the cops find out what hes done anyway ? Anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭woof im a dog

Reon wrote: »
    Movie ..some guy needs to pass a drug test for the cops or something but ends up smoking weed before hand he then buys a pippete and some chemicals i think its vinegar and pippettes it inside his penis to pass the test.but the cops find out what hes done anyway ? Anyone know?

Is it maybe Harsh Times

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harsh_Times

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Vito Andolini

Looking for a movie... Set in post civil war America I think, a guy come back after the war to his best friends wife and farm and try's to pick up where his friend left off before the war pretending to be his friend?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Looking for a movie... Set in post civil war America I think, a guy come back after the war to his best friends wife and farm and try's to pick up where his friend left off before the war pretending to be his friend?
    Thanks

Sommersby?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Vito Andolini

That's it thanks, it must be 20 years since I saw it.

Want to identify what the movie was that this scene I remember was from.It was a subtitled movie set in a village in either Italy or Greece during the second world war.The scene was a group of resistance members who were discussing assassinating a local bigwig who was collaborating with the Germans.They were sitting around a table drinking wine and were pretty drunk.The discussion got round to using a bomb for the assassination and one of them starts off laughing and going "boom boom" then they all start,laughing and shouting boom and making big explosion gestures with their hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Wild guess but maybe i conformista (the conformist) by Bertolucci?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0065571/

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Wild guess but maybe i conformista (the conformist) by Bertolucci?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0065571/

Hmmm.it could well have been set in Facist era Italy but I don't think it was that film,I saw The Conformist years ago and certain its not that.The one I'm trying to remember was as far as I recall set entirely in a village.Thinking about it I'm sure that scene was all done in a single take or something unusual about it like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,367 ✭✭✭MfMan

A film trailer from way back late 70s/very early 80s; adolescent boy meets girl, relationship frowned upon, boy probably a bit of a tearaway. Boy also a good swimmer, scenes of him swimming in competition. Later, scenes of him in hospital, electrodes attached to his head, possibly in a coma. A teen movie of sorts I think. Any ideas?

MfMan wrote: »
    A film trailer from way back late 70s/very early 80s; adolescent boy meets girl, relationship frowned upon, boy probably a bit of a tearaway. Boy also a good swimmer, scenes of him swimming in competition. Later, scenes of him in hospital, electrodes attached to his head, possibly in a coma. A teen movie of sorts I think. Any ideas?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordinary_People

??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,367 ✭✭✭MfMan

No, more teen-based I think rather than adult-centric.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

MfMan wrote: »
    No, more teen-based I think rather than adult-centric.

Predator 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭deravarra

Movie - i think British made ...
    A group of new age hippies meet in various locations and are burned by some high intensity light (like a laser) coming from the sky.
    There was one scene where a survivor was in hospital, and he started levitating despite being in an induced coma, and reached the ceiling lights, was electrocuted and died.
    From memory, all the hippies were always talking about "the planet"

It frightened the lard out of me at the time.

Anyone know what it was/is?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

deravarra wrote: »
    A group of new age hippies meet in various locations and are burned by some high intensity light (like a laser) coming from the sky.

Quatermass, a mini series from 1979.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Alienigenis

Right, when I was a kid I remember seeing this movie really late one night, and what I remember clearly, and I know I'm too young to have dreamed of something so vivid… is that it was about a man who is in a large and dark room at a desk with a lot of people. Everyone has a desk, like a large classroom, but it's got gray walls and looks corporate and sterile. They all have a piece of paper and a pen, and a large screen has a ****ed up film being displayed on it. There are no decipherable images as they flicker by so fast, but the man goes into a seizure-like trance and begins scrawling something on the page. He draws the image below.
    I forget what happens between then and the next part, but he finds a girl and the two of them are walking along train tracks. She asks him questions, but he can't talk for some reason.

That's really all I can remember.
    Nobody I know can recall this movie, but I know I'd never be able to imagine something that vivid, considering the fact that my dreams at that age were filled with Spyro the Dragon, and Pokémon.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roselm

About what year was this?

Roselm wrote: »
    About what year was this?

I wouldn't know, but I think it would have been around the early noughties that I saw it. It may have been out before then, as I watched it at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

1984?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,305 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

mansize wrote: »
    1984?

yeah I was kind of thinking along the lines of a dystopian film like Brazil as well

mansize wrote: »
    1984?

Great movie, but that isn't it.

Skerries wrote: »
    yeah I was kind of thinking along the lines of a dystopian film like Brazil as well

Wow, haven't seen Brazil yet, but I definitely will now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I'd say OP was part ofnsome sort of top secret government program as a child and, somehow, his experiences are trying to break through his subconscious.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Johnner101

Not sure if this was in a movie or a tv show

My dad had it on vcr back when I was a kid . I would say the late 80's early 90's

I just remember it used to scare me even though it might have been a comedy for all I remember

The scenes I remember are a group of people in fancy dress running across a road , one of them dressed up as a rabbit .

Then the scene that scared me was this weird guy in like a big house or factory , like a creepy servent and then this lift starts coming up through the big house and it opens and this older gentleman comes out and he looks like a Christopher Lee type character and the servent is calling him master . For some reason i think the guy in the lift is Satan .

Long shot if anyone knows it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I wouldn't be sure about the rabbit, but the lift, and Satan (eating a boiled egg), remind me of Angel Heart - brilliant but absolutely terrifying film for a kid to watch. Robert De Niro as the devil didn't look like Christoper Lee, though... Whether that's the right film, that's a whole different story.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angel_Heart

Advertisement