Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Sisko wrote: »
    A t-shirt and jeans wasn't it? I doubt they'll go for something so basic.

The fact it's her casual clothing and not ninja wear is more reason to use it (since it what we've seen her in before)

Just my guess

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

@ speedboat , yeah sure she has a few win poses where she pulls down her mask actually so I can't really see a maskless alt. We shall see I guess.

@ cobelcog, yeah but thats seth, what I mean by basic is capcom generally don't have people look 'normal' every day types. Look at ken, he's wearing a damn cowboy gear, yet he's from san francisco and is usually depicted as wearing a casual suit or a t-shirt and jeans, but nooo capcom can't have anyone look like a normal joe soap :p Maybe if he was from texas or something but .. yeah

I mean this is her win pose casual gear in 3s (couldnt find a pic)

I'd be pretty surprised if she looked like that in game as her alt, going from the way capcom does things... and the mask win pose thing :p

**edit**

@ ramza yeah I get where your coming from but once again the way capcoms been doing things I doubt it. Not that I care , her main gear in black is badass enough for me.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Sisko you are aware that Capcom made third strike, where she has the jeans and t-shirt? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Dunjohn wrote: »
    I like that her entire face is animated behind the mask. Have we seen her alternate costume yet? I presume they're actually going to show the face, if they spent so much time on it.

43279398.png

You know you want to, Capcom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Sisko wrote: »
    A t-shirt and jeans wasn't it? I doubt they'll go for something so basic.

Also, I think that's Cody's alternate.

• Advertisement

HMUYA wrote: »
    Sisko you are aware that Capcom made third strike, where she has the jeans and t-shirt? :p

hehe yeah but she didn't fight in them :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Dunjohn wrote: »
    Also, I think that's Cody's alternate.

And Juri's too. I assume that's why they didn't give it to Ibuki. It'd be pretty lame for three new characters to have shirt and jeans alternates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Shloer

I hate Juri's alternative outfit. It's just her underwear. I wish they would be a bit more creative and a little less Japanese about some of the girls alternative outfits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Shloer wrote: »
    I hate Juri's alternative outfit, it's just her underwear.

I never knew those combinations of words could be put in the same sentence :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

I hate Juri's alternative outfit. It's just her underwear. .

closet_poster.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I hate Juri's alternative outfit. It's just her underwear. I wish they would be a bit more creative and a little less Japanese about some of the girls alternative outfits.

Well it's not even her underwear, it's like her sweats for wearing around the house when she is having an off day. I agree, her alt costume looks incredibly lazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

L31mr0d wrote: »
    ...her sweats for wearing around the house when she is having an off day....incredibly lazy.

I think you've nailed it!

L31mr0d wrote: »
    having an off day.

EVIL DOESN'T TAKE DAYS OFF!!!ONE

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

Some spanish site apparently posted this:
    The art of Shotokan:

We'll go in depth with what we could confirm in-game about the characters known as shotos. Ryu is one of the characters that suffers modifications: His new ultra, which imitates Gouken's, does obscene damage. [useless stuff we already know about HP.SRK doing 2 hits]. Ken's cr.HK is faster now and Guren Senpukyaku goes through projectilesand fullscreen. His Dash is also better.

Akuma, suffered some limitations. [stuff about the loop being gone because of far.HK being slower]. Furthermore, after an FADC'd hadoken, he can only do far.HK against characters with larger hitboxes. Sagat now has 1000 stamina points, Tiger Uppercut does less dmg and Angry Scar, an evasion move, makes his following uppercut stronger. st.lk is 2 hits now.

Girl power:

Chun got a few buffs. Her new Ultra juggles from EX.Hyakuretsu, with her Target Combo (j.HP~j.HP) and with EX.Spinning Bird when next to the corner. medium kick is also better (I assume they mean cr.mk) and EX.Legs now does more hits. Not all is good news, seeing that Ultra 1 still retains it's juggling problems.
    The consolation for Viper is that her 2nd Ultra does considerable damage. Cammy's U2 is a counter move. Rose can now juggle Reflect xx FADC > Soul Throw. Her U2 looks good for applying pressure. Sakura's hadoken is now fullscreen and the new Ultra can be used as an anti-air.

Misc:

From the rest of the roster we have collected several impressions. Abel has more stamina and his new Ultra has Super Armor and is a low grab [again, does this mean that the hitbox for the grab is low or that it's a hit type ultra?]. The last hit of Boxer's Headbutt> U1 does not juggle anymore [keno told us otherwise], but his U2 does a great amount of stun. Special mention to Blanka, a lot faster than before, and with a cr.HP [or cr.MP, not sure] that does more damage and has more range –still not Dhalsim level- that now works better as an anti-air. Chip damage on U1 and Super has been reduced.

Guile has gotten some enhancements to make him more competitive. Flash Kick has gotten more range, more stamina and a projectile type U2 (Sonic Hurricane), that will probably be the most used by players. Claw's cr.MK is now an overhead, and now has a comboable Ultra. Zangief got a new aerial Ultra that can be comboed after an FADC'd Lariat.

Rufus and Seth have anti-air Ultras, Dhalsim has an air-to-ground ultra, Gouken's Denjin Hadoken is unblockable at full charge and E. Honda's U2 is a command throw. Fei Long got a counter ultra.
    Not too sure about it's creidability as it contradicts quite a bit off info that other people have confirmed, but it might have just being changed for the build they had. If it's real then there are some things I don't approve of *glares at capcom*.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The only video we've seen of Denjin Hadouken was when it was blocked after a full charge.

If it is now unblockable, it could mean some very one sided matchups in Goukens favour as his opponents can't afford to be hit with a non-techable knockdown.

An unblock-able denjin wouldn't make sense in this game, the whole point in 3s was that you could parry it. Then again if its blockable I dunno how the hell he's gonna land it on anyone.

& I really like juri's alt :p I just think its one of the pics that makes it look like shes in underwear due to the colour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Shloer

It's lazy yeh :)

I like the more simple 'lazy' alts as the others are too off the wall. Big giant ropes? No thanks. Battle damage bison & ryu = cool, simple dress for chun li? nice. Chef costume? gtfo.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Great blanka has been sped up...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Great blanka has been sped up...

:D Finally some real news, now all we need is his ball safe from Ultra's on hit and we have us a real character!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sagat06 wrote: »
    :D Finally some real news, now all we need is his ball safe from Ultra's on hit and we have us a real character!!

"We're making Guile better."

"Awesome, how are you making him better?"

"We're doing stuff with his moves to make him better."

"Great, like what? What stuff? Specifics?"

"Well, we're doing stuff to his normals, and also we're doing stuff to his specials."

Sigh...

Only thing I've got so far is that and J Wong vaguely going "Flash kick seems to go further" which is not necessarily going to change much if a jab can still stop it dead.

Faster dash and better cr.RH ftw :pac:

Better rushdown ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Super Homoerotic Figher IV?

SSF_01s.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Jim wrote: »
    Super Homoerotic Figher IV?

If ken was in his new alt costume that would be a screenshot of Brokeback Mountain :P

I'd be shocked if they kept that image for the final release. It's totally at odds with the art style they've been pushing so heavilly for SUPER.
    Though with so little time to go, I cant see much changes being made to the game at this stage.

Yeah that looks pretty out of place art wise , tis also pretty gay alright. Anyone ever see that SF2 anime series? Ryu and ken had a bit of the gayness going in that as well, nude skinning dipping and shit . Youtube is failing me however.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

With regards Guile, yeah most of the info him has just been general statements like "we have improved his normals".

Capcom have said they felt they did not capture his footsie's game in SF IV and they would address that in SSFIV. So maybe better pokes.

But it seems certain that hard kick Flash Kick has improved range and I have read that flash kicks in general trade less (in other words better hitbox).

I think the Ken changes are good, improved dash and improved sweep seem like a good idea. Since his forward+mk and c.mk are already pretty godly and he has an excellent kara throw combine them with his new tweaks he should have a very effective footsies and pressure game. His new ultra will probably shut down the fireball game of alot characters that give him problems like Sagat and Ryu and to a lesser extent Akuma. I'm in two minds about weather they should give him a decent focus attack.

Blanka changes, I'm not sure about, I do agree with nerfing the chip damage off super and ultra, but they should make blanka ball knock down on hit to stop this crap of being punished even when you hit an opponent. More consistent ultra required (not as damaging as the current one). More damage output in punishment situations would be better too. Perhaps a slight speed increase for his overhead too.

Not sure how the speed increase (I assume just walk speed) and improved c.hp will help him.

The Chun stuff seems odd. Good to see her with a fully combo-able ultra but odd that the old ultra still does not fully connect. More hits off ex.legs makes me sad, I assume that means more damage (it already does 200). Not sure why they needed to buff her c.mk, her pokes where already great.

Its good news to see Vega gets a combo-able ultra. He's starting to look abit more solid even though it looks like their going leave him with his dreadful wake up game.

25_ssf4europre.jpg
    Kind of a random collection of preorder stuff =/
    T-shirts are cool... but phone covers?

Also a random collection of alts to put in one batch too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Azza wrote: »

More hits off ex.legs makes me sad, I assume that means more damage (it already does 200).

No 2 shorts into ex legs does around 200. Im not sure why you think this is such a great move seeing as it uses a bar.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

She does 180, 189 or 195 depending on weather she does between 1 and 4 c.lk.

EX.Legs seem to always whiff one kick worth 50 damage.

The lower the amount of c.lk you do the better for damaing scaling purposes of course.

Out of the corner you can do another ex.legs for about 70 extra damage which you can also do in the corner. So thats about 250 damage.

In the corner you have alot of options, again these require meter to spend but you can after ex. legs do ex.sbk which does anywhere between 260 and 299 damage or do another ex.legs into ex.sbk for about 350 damage.

She also has the option to get her ultra off after ex.legs if that fully connects its up to 432 damage. Granted this only works on very few characters and does only tiny damage (like 90) against those it partly connect but at least its easy to land the ultra.

In SSF IV it looks like you will have an ultra that will fully connect from ex.legs anywhere on the screen.

My issue would be because Chun's c.lk is so good its really easy to set up ex.legs. Its an easy chain to good damage. If it adds its additional hit thats its currently whiffed those combo's mentioned above go up by 40 damage (assuming they leave the damage on ex.legs the same as currrent).
    Puts her damage output off c.lkx2, ex.legs, ex.sbk for 2 ex bars around the same as Rog landing his ultra off c.lpx2, c.lk xx headbutt ultra.

I'm all for her ultra fully connecting all the time from a ex.legs but she does not need ex.legs buff to go with it.

Advertisement