Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Azza wrote: »
    The character rivals for the new characters are.

Sakura for Ibuki
    Fei-Long for Makoto
    Balrog for Dudley.

That confirmed or more guessing from the trailer?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

the ultras are too long

rival wise
    i would have guessed guy and ibuki

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Placebo wrote: »
    guy and ibuki

Me too.

And yeah I don't like the length of the ultras or the... tornadoness of them all.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

The rivals are confirmed. They are on the Super Street Fighter 4 Blog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Shloer

Ultras for the new characters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Hakan is a Turkish Oil Wrestler http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ya%C4%9Fl%C4%B1_g%C3%BCre%C5%9F

Nothing to do with Oil Barons etc. I believe that was a mistranslation from a few months back. Hakan is also super gay.

Jim wrote: »
    Hakan is a Turkish Oil Wrestler http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ya%C4%9Fl%C4%B1_g%C3%BCre%C5%9F

Nothing to do with Oil Barons etc. I believe that was a mistranslation from a few months back. Hakan is also super gay.

your new fav char then, yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Was'nt there an Arab wrestler is SFEX,Daruma, or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Xluna wrote: »

Yep and he was awesome.

Such a great soundtrack in that game too.

A-Trak wrote: »
    Friday 30th April.

Too bloody long!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Darun, from India.

Edit: Yeah, that guy. Man, that game is a lot slower than I remember.

Such a great soundtrack in that game too.
    That game had the best soundtrack of any fighting game. I wish there was an option to have the remixed versions of the original SF2 tracks,which play in the rival matches, as standard in SFIV.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Dunjohn wrote: »
    Darun, from India.

Edit: Yeah, that guy. Man, that game is a lot slower than I remember.

Fairly certain that's the US version which is considerably faster than the EU one.

I still have that game. Might bring it down to Dunboyne.

your new fav char then, yeah?
    Don't try turn the gay jokes around Far. It doesn't work.

Translation of the Jap blog lifted from SRK, the highlights Azza has already posted so not really any new info.
    Hello everyone! Today, I have three huge announcements for you all - new characters, iPhone/iPod Touch SFIV, and details about the National Tournament!

I think many of you may already know about this from this week's Weekly Famitsu, but we have characters from the SF3 Series joining the fight!

Ibuki!

[Image: Ibuki]

[Image: Ibuki's Rival Battle]

Her rival opponent is Sakura!

Makoto!

[Image: Makoto]

[Image: Makoto's Rival Battle]

Her rival opponent is Fei Long!

And, Dudley!

[Image: Dudley]
    [Image: Dudleys Rival Battle]
    (Az's Note: The text in the picture says "What an incredibly rude thing to say."

His rival is Balrog!

Maaaan, it took some courage to get these characters in the game. Mostly because they come from a game system that featured parries. They are very popular with everyone, and our development staff also wanted to give them a spin in the world of SFIV! I don't have to tell you though that adjusting them...yeah, vomiting blood levels.

And we also have a character promotional video! Go to the Trailers section on the official site to see their moves in action!

So, that kunai I've been teasing you with all along...of course that was Ibuki's!

This is her Ultra II, where she showers you in a rain of kunai.

And for all of you who used Dudley in SF3, I gotta tell you - you can throw the rose in SSFIV as well!

The move's name is "Rose of Victory". While it doesn't do any damage, when it hits it causes the opponent to pause briefly, giving you a change to get in there and attack.

And last we have a little bit about Makoto. While this has nothing to do with her moves...for her voice recording and her alternate costume, Makoto was the hardest out of all the characters, by far.

[Image: Makoto's Alternate Costume]

Especially her voice recording. From 3S, Makoto has used a very country dialect. So this time around, we got a professional in country dialect to help us, and it took us an unprecedented number of takes, but we got it done. Also, her VA is the same from 3S, Ms. Makoto Tsumura! She did great work for us without complaining even once.

These guy's Ultra I, Ultra II, and sample voices are all on the official site under Characters, so go check em out and have fun training with them in your head!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

From 3S, Makoto has used a very country dialect. So this time around, we got a professional in country dialect to help us, and it took us an unprecedented number of takes, but we got it done. Also, her VA is the same from 3S, Ms. Makoto Tsumura!

...wait, what?

Also, vomiting blood levels?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

So hyped for this now its unreal!

the ultras are too long

rival wise
    i would have guessed guy and ibuki

Should have been ibuki and makoto , they had a special intro in 3s like ryu and ken, plus makoto v ibuki fights were always great fun!

But I knew it was gonna be Sakura v ibuki from the start as they've been hinting at that for ages. sakuras opening in SF4 etc When I saw the vid and its was her doing the moves on sakura it was confirmed.

Meh screw it, I'm just happy shes in the game. I love how its Dudley and Balrog as rivals. Should be interesting.

Makoto and Fei? :confused:

thought they did that cause they were mates/>?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

rivals/mates tis all the same in street fighter land :p

But yeah sure thats the story with ibuki and sakura too, capcom seem to be making it that they are mates as well as rivals. Ryu and ken job.

Sisko wrote: »
    rivals/mates tis all the same in street fighter land :p

Ry and Far
    Doom and Aaron

etc :pac:

• Advertisement

char select
    and stage select

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

"Javits says that Justin Wong tried the game, saw Hakan, and said he was a gimmick (like El Fuerte). He stacks oil on his body at random intervals. The game keeps track of how much oil is on his body and makes him slide along the ground for some of his moves if he has a lot on. He also seems to have a very high voice. If that's your thing, get pumped."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

If it's the oil thing is random then that's not great. It should a move and you choose how much to put on.

EDIT : Chuns c.MK looks like it has much better range. Might even be slightly faster. However s.HK looks like it has been killed. I only saw it attempted once in that much but it looks slooooow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

That game had the best soundtrack of any fighting game. I wish there was an option to have the remixed versions of the original SF2 tracks,which play in the rival matches, as standard in SFIV.

They're adding that into SSFIV. You can set it so that online it will always play your opponent's music and in local it will always run Player 2's music.
    Dreddybajs wrote: »
    "Javits says that Justin Wong tried the game, saw Hakan, and said he was a gimmick (like El Fuerte). He stacks oil on his body at random intervals. The game keeps track of how much oil is on his body and makes him slide along the ground for some of his moves if he has a lot on. He also seems to have a very high voice. If that's your thing, get pumped."

That sounds terrible. We were joking in my house about awful playstyles he could have and that was one we came up with. I am not amused. If he has a projectile that throws a patch of oil on the ground to make the opponent slip I will be horrified.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Taken from the Nakky blog regarding Makoto:
    "Also, her voice actor is the same from Third Strike, Ms. Makoto Tsumura! She did great work for us without complaining even once."

So the character was named after the voice actor?! Didn't know that! Why couldn't they use all the same voice actors from 3rd strike, new dudley sounds rubbish

Dudley's old VA is retired

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

maherl owns way harder than hakan is gonna

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Dreddybajs wrote: »

Shame that, I was hoping he'd be ok as a character and super gay. Then I could've played him & had mighty fun beating randomers on xbox live, get lots of hate mail:
    "OMGZZ U R DA MASSIF GAY!!!111!"

The fun I would've had replying, "Oooooh beehave! sailor!" "It's time to get OILY" etc woulda been great.

Screw it, I'm still doing it.

• Advertisement

you tellin us something somethin there paul?

Advertisement