Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dubliners attack a cork family

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Orifiel

Costa Del Sol.

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Pah, I only opened this cos i thought Ronnie Drew had come back for a
    piss-up that got out of hand:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭benj

scumbags.....and the people that attacked them aren't much better....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Did Ms O'Connor report it to the Police in Spain, did she report it to the Gardai in Ireland or did she just want to be attention seeking and have a story written about her troubles, did she dream the whole thing after drowning her sorrows in one too many sangrias...
    Ms O'Connor said her family members were scratched, punched and dragged on to the ground and were then kicked about the head by a gang of up to 10 men and women.

They did not require hospital treatment, but were badly shaken by the episode.

Anyone I have ever heard of getting kicked in the head by a gang of up to 10 men and women normally required a touch of medical attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

The only good thing that ever came out of Dublin is the road that takes you away from it.

The N9 is ****e actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

The only good thing that ever came out of Dublin is the road that takes you away from it.

And yet youse plough jockeys refuse to use it :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

ah jackeens and culchies have been at eachother forever both sides are just as bad as eachother

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I'm a Corkonian but potentially a Dub: my folks had planned on settling in Dublin but then my dad got offered a better job in Cork. I like both places a lot - the rivalry (when serious as opposed to tongue-in-cheek) is silly.
    stovelid wrote: »
    I'm all bark really...
    Ah yeah, I may have effectively called you a bitch but I meant it in a good way... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Dudess wrote: »
    I'm a Corkonian but potentially a Dub: my folks had planned on settling in Dublin but then my dad got offered a better job in Cork. I like both places a lot - the rivalry (when serious as opposed to tongue-in-cheek) is silly.

Don't be saying things like that. I'm from a neighbouring (victorious!) county to Cork (won't say which), but they are our common enemy. When you think of Dubliners, you think of "deh gargle", "spare uz zome change for heroin a hostel", "stardy, bud?" and wife-beating. Now tell me you don't think of some of those things.:pac:

I think it was the hand of Jesus himself that made your parents stay in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

kayashi wrote: »
    listen here chump.

dublin is the the heart and soul of this country, its the fulcrum of everything and its what makes the rest of this ****hole seem ok. it is an enigma and dubliners are forced to keep the rest of this country running all the while the village people in their bogs complain about us.

you should be proud to say you live in the same country as this city.

lived there for 5 years it's a sh1thole.....ok for early 20's after that it's a pain in the neck,too expensive,crap transport and traffic problems....too many other nice cities all over the world to live in,and in ireland too,
    sad what those animals did..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

I've lived here(Dublin) for 18 years and I think its a great city. Granted, everywhere has its ****e points. I find it extremely annoying when people from other parts of Ireland take it upon themselves to rant about Dublin. You don't like Dublin, fair enough, leave and don't come back. Can't say we'd miss you tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭dunnomede?

Some photographic evidence from the scene of the crime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭In All Fairness

listermint wrote: »
    Familee of Cork Gurriers have Fight with Fambly of Dublin Gurriers in Costa Del Sol

this is news why???

I dont see any proper information in the article that portrays any truth, just hearsay and rubbish.

Probably all a bunch of scumbags. but again who knows.. wasnt there

FYP.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭spoofilyj

Ah not this ****e again...
    Its sad that people get attacked where ever their from...
    But I'm so sick of this Cork is better than Dublin or Dublin is better than Cork ****e, both places have their good point and bad points who cares.

Shakes head amd leaves/:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭NickNolte

Costa Del Sol's a long stretch. Whereabouts was it? How do they know the attackers were from Dublin? Were they wearing Dublin jerseys? Did they say "yeah bud" every time they landed a dig? Did they even report the incident to the Spanish police? If not, why not? You could land these 'Dublin' scumbags in jail for a long time before their court case is even heard in that part of the world. Time for revenge, maybe?

Although no. The whole episode sounds like the fantastical fairytale of yet another bunch of Dublin hating morons with massive inferiority complexes.

Just so people from Cork realise something - Dubliners don't recognise a perceived rivalry with Cork. It's Cork people that have a big chip on their shoulder over Dublin. Some of you Cork folk need a little self-esteem boost methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Dubliners tunes going through my head at the moment..................:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Relevant

All this shows is that a group of Dublin nackers are better at fighting than a group of Cork nackers.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Noreen and Michael returned to their apartment afterwards, but Elva, Liam and Kathy went to JC’s Bar where a group of Dubliners were drinking. Liam was wearing a Cork jersey.

Ms O’Connor said Elva, Liam and Kathy left the pub after words were exchanged. "They said things like: ‘You should be ashamed for losing the match and wearing that jersey’, and ‘you should go away and hang yourselves’. So they walked away," she said.

"But the group followed them outside and they started running."

The gang caught them from behind and attacked them, she said. Ms Waugh was pinned to the ground and the gang tried to steal her rings.

Ms O’Connor said the gang threatened Elva that if she didn’t stop screaming, they would "put her into a coma".

Mr Manning was beaten about the head by at least three men. The two women suffered scratches, had clumps of hair pulled out and suffered black eyes.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/football-jersey-sparks-attack-on-cork-family-by-irish-holidaymakers-101473.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Magnus wrote: »
    ...where a group of Dubliners were drinking....

...‘you should go away and hang yourselves’...

Bertie? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,099 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The ****in' Dubs, you can't bring them anywhere!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

walshb wrote: »
    The ****in' Dubs, you can't bring them anywhere!

Ye can but only to sort out de langers;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Daragh101

this doesnt surprise me, jealous auled dubs!!.....
    any dubs ive ever met on holidays are generally ****!..or complete scum that need shooting!....there prob afraid to try to pick on locals because they would prob get beat!

Daragh101 wrote: »
    this doesnt surprise me, jealous auled dubs!!.....

Jealous? Of what, exactly?
    any dubs ive ever met on holidays are generally ****!..or complete scum that need shooting!

Wow. You sound like a classy, wordly guy. Please don't leave the country yourself and humiliate this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Daragh101

NickNolte wrote: »
    Jealous? Of what, exactly?

That dublin are sh1te at gaa sports obviously!

Wow. You sound like a classy, wordly guy. Please don't leave the country yourself and humiliate this country.

Dont worry il leave that to the dubs!:D

Dont worry il leave that to the dubs!:D

A bitter, hate-filled Cork man with a massive chip on his shoulder and an inferiority complex? Well I never! What next? Flying pigs?

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Bloody Nipples

First the All-Ireland, now this.

WHEN WILL IT END?!!

I'm sorry I'm just pissed we lost the fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

NickNolte wrote: »
    A bitter, hate-filled Cork man with a massive chip on his shoulder and an inferiority complex? Well I never! What next? Flying pigs?
    Give it a rest will you? I can understand your annoyance at that comment about Dubs but your comment about Cork people is as bad. You were making the same "bitter", "chip on their shoulder" (jeez, I've a craving for chips with vinegar now) comments about Cork people in another thread - although claiming you could have been referring to anywhere and that you just "happened" to pick Cork as an example...

Dudess wrote: »
    Give it a rest will you? I can understand your annoyance at that comment about Dubs but your comment about Cork people is as bad. You were making the same "bitter", "chip on their shoulder" (jeez, I've a craving for chips with vinegar now) comments about Cork people in another thread - although claiming you could have been referring to anywhere and that you just "happened" to pick Cork as an example...

No. I won't give it a rest. Ever time I come across some small minded idiot making sweeping, insolent statements about Dublin (and its fairly varied, diverse population) then I'll attack them. This is After Hours after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Another after hours Dubs-V-Culchies thread.. seriously its just embarrasing at this stage.

• Advertisement

Another after hours Dubs-V-Culchies thread.. seriously its just embarrasing at this stage.

Definitely. Talk about bringing the tone of After Hours down. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement