Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dubliners attack a cork family

Options
  • 22-09-2009 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

From
    http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=118134
    A family from Cork were the victims of an unprovoked attack by a group of young drunken Dubliners while holidaying in the Costa del Sol last weekend.

The family believe they were attacked because one of them was wearing a Cork jersey. The attack took place after the All-Ireland football final on Sunday evening.

Speaking from the family home in Farranree yesterday, Caroline O'Connor said it was a disgrace that Irish people would attack other Irish people abroad.

"I think they were just using the Cork jersey as an excuse and were looking for a fight," she told the Irish Examiner.

Ms O'Connor said her family members were scratched, punched and dragged on to the ground and were then kicked about the head by a gang of up to 10 men and women.

They did not require hospital treatment, but were badly shaken by the episode.

that is absolutely horrible :eek:

to attack someone for wearing a jersey, while on holiday :mad:

sickening to think of

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Where does it mention that they were attacked because they were from Cork, other than the family feeling sorry for themselves cause they lost?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

to be fair

cork people in costa del sol? If they werent carried off to hospital from the beating the sunburn might have killed them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Post in Dublin forum to embiggen your thanks stats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Speaking from the family home yesterday, the family issued a further statement:

"Although our family were very shaken by the attack, the incident has at least legitimized the gargantuan sense of self-importance, grievance and obsession with our betters in the capital that, as Cork people, is ours by birthright".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

The Jackeens gave abuse to the family because one was wearing a cork jersey and then decided to attack them.

The only good thing that ever came out of Dublin is the road that takes you away from it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 kayashi

it was a disgrace that Irish people would attack other Irish people abroad.

yeah couldnt they have targetted the brits or the germans instead?????

The Jackeens gave abuse to the family because one was wearing a cork jersey and then decided to attack them.

The only good thing that ever came out of Dublin is the road that takes you away from it.

listen here chump.

dublin is the the heart and soul of this country, its the fulcrum of everything and its what makes the rest of this ****hole seem ok. it is an enigma and dubliners are forced to keep the rest of this country running all the while the village people in their bogs complain about us.

you should be proud to say you live in the same country as this city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

By all accounts a horrible expierence for the family in question but coming out with that staement ( below) , which may /may not be tounge in cheek ( hard to fathom with some cork people ) it doesn't actually gain them any kudos

"Although our family were very shaken by the attack, the incident has at least legitimized the gargantuan sense of self-importance, grievance and obsession with our betters in the capital that, as Cork people, is ours by birthright".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

OP, your attempt to start a Dublin-bashing thread is... subtle. :pac:

Maybe they didn't attack the person because of the Cork jersey either - maybe they just attacked them because they would have attacked anyone in the wrong place at the wrong time. It only says they "believe" it was the jersey...

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭sean0

what about the road that alot of country people [nice term :cool:] use to get to work in Dublin?

• Advertisement

Latchy wrote: »
    By all accounts a horrible expierence for the family in question but coming out with that staement ( below) , which may /may not be tounge in cheek ( hard to fathom with some cork people ) it doesn't actually gain them any kudos

I'm really going to have improve my powers of sarcasm...unless you are double-bluffing me... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

kayashi wrote: »
    listen here chump.

dublin is the the heart and soul of this country, its the fulcrum of everything and its what makes the rest of this ****hole seem ok. it is an enigma and dubliners are forced to keep the rest of this country running all the while the village people in their bogs complain about us.

Dublin is a human toilet, don't kid yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Bogs? The main bogs in Ireland are in midlands and that's only a small part of Ireland
    Besides you'll find a lot of non-Dubs moved to Dublin to take your jobs!
    While ye were hanging around your tenements and flats! :P

Are these the same Dubs who come onto boards and say they were going into "town" when they don't even live in a town or ever mention which city?

stovelid wrote: »
    Speaking from the family home yesterday, the family issued a further statement:

Oi! Cheeky! :pac:

You left out jealousy and inferiority... :D

If Dublin is a toilet, what does that make the rest of the country?

Note Dublin is basically the Pale. Everyone outside the pale I refuse to associate with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I'm really going to have improve my powers of sarcasm...unless you are double-bluffing me... :D
    No of course not , that's just Latchy speak ie ,tell it as it is but shudda used the whole quote :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,988 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I knew they'd go downhill after losing Ronnie Drew.

To use the cliche "At the end of the day" everyone who lives outside Dublin wishes they where born in Dublin which is as we all know the best place on this small island of ours.
    Its ok, I understand the country folk' anger, I would also be frustrated if I had to buy my weekly shopping, Christmas presents, Birthday presents etc... from the local petrol station.

However I do appreciate the country folk supplying me with butter for my toast in the morning, the milk in my corn flakes and the steak on my plate for dinner.

Really if you think about it all country people are really there for is to make the food for us Dublin people so we don't go hungry :D

dlofnep wrote: »
    Dublin is a human toilet, don't kid yourself.

True insofar as it's unfortunately too full of bog crap. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Don't mind kayashi. He's banned again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

sean0 wrote: »
    To use the cliche "At the end of the day" everyone who lives outside Dublin wishes they where born in Dublin which is as we all know the best place on this small island of ours.
    Its ok, I understand the country folk' anger, I would also be frustrated if I had to buy my weekly shopping, Christmas presents, Birthday presents etc... from the local petrol station.

Its great to see that some-one finally recognises the pain we suffer,I never had the courage to say it though,but thankfully your words express my pain much better than I ever could.

Thank you Sean0....

Thank you Dublin.....

True insofar as it's unfortunately too full of bog crap. :D
    :eek:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: you'd out-bitch any queen!

:pac: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Dubliin pays the rest of the Countries Social Welfare . But getting back on topic - I think it was just scumbags looking for trouble

Its great to see that some-one finally recognises the pain we suffer,I never had the courage to say it though,but thankfully your words express my pain much better than I ever could.

Thank you Sean0....

Thank you Dublin.....

No probs man :cool:

Dudess wrote: »
    :eek:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: you'd out-bitch any queen!

:pac: :D

I'm all bark really...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

The real reason why they were attacked is because they were holidaying in the costa del sol, and lots of scumbags go there. These scumbags just happened to be Dublin scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,836 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Family of Cork Gurriers have Fight with Family of Dublin Gurriers in Costa Del Sol

this is news why???

I dont see any proper information in the article that portrays any truth, just hearsay and rubbish.

Probably all a bunch of scumbags. but again who knows.. wasnt there

• Registered Users Posts: 24,011 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

sean0 wrote: »

However I do appreciate the country folk supplying me with butter for my toast in the morning, the milk in my corn flakes and the steak on my plate for dinner.

Really if you think about it all country people are really there for is to make the food for us Dublin people so we don't go hungry :D

I think you mean the hay depot.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

fail

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

My bet is the family were really loud and wouldn't stop talking.
    As if the accent isn't bad enough to hear at home, the poor Dubs went al the way to Spain to get away from it.
    I'd of been pissed off too!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement