Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ros na Run

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Muireann wolfsbane the yank

I thought season 3 was last summer, no? To be honest I was watching half of them and then forgot about the rest until they were gone off the TG4 Player. It is nice that they have it but I think the very early seasons are very different than now so I lost a bit of interest with the very old ones. Would be interested in seeing about 5 or 6 years ago.

Checks memory oh yeah I think that was season 3 so this year is season 4. Personally I enjoy both I started watching the August they aired season 1, and it is different but still fun like a trip down memory lane. Oh and that WAS a fantastic end with Brendan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

Cliff hanger finale this evening!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Would be interested in seeing about 5 or 6 years ago.

I'd love to see the episodes with O' Dowd again. Oh God, used to fancy the arse off him! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Jason bocht!!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Don't think the finale was as good as previous years :( They had a load of potential with the Tina-Catriona revenge, Róise and Ciarán (is that the end of that? Could have brought Katy back), the real revelation of who killed Barry... but instead it was a fairly normal episode with a cliffhanger.

I wish they'd stop dragging out the Tina and Dara storyline (and the whole Barry thing) at this stage though! Wonder what happened to Peadar and Máire?

• Advertisement

Maybe the actors who played them decided to retire

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭pooch90

With the murder, Barry was Frances' friend but he tried to force himself on her (Season Finale 2012) and Jason burst in to save her. He threw Barry back against the kitchen presses, the blow to his head killed him.

To be fair, Jason gave him a serious hiding before he died. Jason was taking steroids and the 'roid rage kicked in.

Is it over now for the summer??
    Hardly a cliffhanger, Jason looked as dead as a doornail!

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

i saw ros na run last night and im 99% sure that what hit jason was a silver car, not a 4x4 jeep!
    yes we now know it was moe, BUT that quick shot of him being hit, looked like a silver car, mistake by the directors??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Jaysus poor Jason. Mo is done for as well now.

It was a very surprising ending...didn't see it until Mo sat inside the car and then I thought it was going to be Frances that she was going to hit.

pooch90 wrote: »
    To be fair, Jason gave him a serious hiding before he died. Jason was taking steroids and the 'roid rage kicked in.

Is it over now for the summer??
    Hardly a cliffhanger, Jason looked as dead as a doornail!

Looks like it. There was no clip for the next episode when the credits were rolling so I take it that the season is finished.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

swiftman wrote: »
    i saw ros na run last night and im 99% sure that what hit jason was a silver car, not a 4x4 jeep!
    yes we now know it was moe, BUT that quick shot of him being hit, looked like a silver car, mistake by the directors??
    The silver car was tadgh stoping outside the garda station in his old corrola after he saw Francis there.Mo was driving the mitsubishi jeep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

I thought season 3 was last summer, no? To be honest I was watching half of them and then forgot about the rest until they were gone off the TG4 Player. It is nice that they have it but I think the very early seasons are very different than now so I lost a bit of interest with the very old ones. Would be interested in seeing about 5 or 6 years ago.

The season that just finished was season 17. Its been running since early/mid '90s.

Karen23 wrote: »
    The season that just finished was season 17. Its been running since early/mid '90s.

I mean the re-runs during the summer. Would love to see from a few years back...huge difference between mid 90s and now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Big deal if Jason is killed off, which looks very likely now...been there since episode 1 in 1996!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Dom from summer bay

Ros na Run is bollox, It should be axed, It's full of ugly people too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

You are outrageous.........

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

I'd love to see the episodes with O' Dowd again. Oh God, used to fancy the arse off him! :p

Jim O'Dowd was the biggest badass ever. He was a Dublin mobster, Tina's ex-husband and he was engaged to Ríona who is Róise's sister. Show hasn't been the same since Tina murdered him. :(

I have just watched this seasons finale. Was definitely a bit weaker than usual. Storylines need a bit of work for next season.

Tadgh and Seamus are the two best characters in Irish tv. Lee is also terrific, and I also think Grainne is underrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭ms.c

season 4 is starting on tg4 tomorrow for anyone interested :)

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭technocrat

I spotted the actor who plays David leaving Fitzgerald stadium in Killarney last Sunday week.
    Was refreshing to hear him having a great conversation in Irish with his mates obviously he's first language.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

i just started watching it there now i recorded both episodes,

was Bernie pregnant at the end of season 3?

• Advertisement

i recall a storyline where she said she was pregnant but then it turned out she was just late and she was so upset about it. im not certain but i think she found out towards the very end that she was proper pregnant but not sure if that was season 2 or 3 tbh

ms.c wrote: »
    i recall a storyline where she said she was pregnant but then it turned out she was just late and she was so upset about it. im not certain but i think she found out towards the very end that she was proper pregnant but not sure if that was season 2 or 3 tbh

yeah i just started watching season 4 on tg4 and im all confused its been almost a year since i saw season 3 finale but the old thread on here for it jogged my memory! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

Is aoibhinn liom Ros na Rún.

Táim ar bís go bhfhuil an clár ar aris aríst.
    Ní thuigim na daoine ar na boards ag gearán faoin teanga an t-am ar fad (i mBéarla).

Nílim ag bhladhmannach (bhuel bfhéidir beagáinín)

Féach ar an thread "Can nobody speak Irish?"
    Suimiúil da laghad. " Nobody"?...... People give out about Irish grammar. Níor mhiste liom rud ar bith a scríobh ar an snáith sin ach is beag nár ghéill mé.

Muna bhfuil suim agat/agaibh i nGaeilge...sin togh... ach lig dúinne a bhfuil suim sa teanga ár rogha agus ná bí ag cur isteach orainn.

Ceart dom agus ceart duit

i can only find episode 2 from today on the player, what about episode one?

found it now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

An bhfuil brí ar bith ag baint leis an ráiteas thuas luaite?

Níl ann i Ros na Rún ach sobalchlár - i bhfad níos suimúla ná Eastenders agus Fair City dar liom fhéin. Tá Ros na Rún den chéad scoth. Tá na scéalta ar fheabhas. Ros an Rún abú!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

I find the old episodes and characters more interesting for some reason.

Does Peadar talk about anything else besides the Euro :eek: I literally remember a scene with Peadar after 1 January 2002 now :D

For a second there, I thought Carmel was going to leave Dylan with Jason

What year is the rpt series from? '99?

technocrat wrote: »
    What year is the rpt series from? '99?

i think so they keep mentioning the Millenium :D

• Advertisement

hoodwinked wrote: »
    i think so they keep mentioning the Millenium :D