Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The weirdest thing you've seen on a motorway

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

olde 5 serier BM
    Do they have cruise control?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

BlueSpud wrote: »
    You dumb spanner!

wtf were you doing driving blind at 70mph for?
    Go easy on the personal abuse, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

Pedro K wrote: »
    Did it have enough road to get up to 88?

Roads? Where we're going we don't need.... (Pulls down futuristic sun-glasses) roads.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

A yuppie driven SUV / Audi / BMW driving in the left lane, quite a rareity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

Slightly off topic but have seen quite a few of those motor home and smart car combos around the ring of Kerry I think there is a company you can rent the combo from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

alexmcred wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but have seen quite a few of those motor home and smart car combos around the ring of Kerry I think there is a company you can rent the combo from.

Is the Ring of Kerry a motorway?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Smokerkl

Me getting pulled over by Garda cos I passed them out in the fast lane of n8 few weeks back doing between 90-100, they were in left lane doing 70 ish and the cheeky bugg***s blue lighted me pulled me over and told me I shouldnt pass out an emergency vehicle??? He was driving while on the phone and his mate was eating crisps or something or other- hardly an emergency I thought and I didnt break the law from where I was sitting..
    S..

Also seen a guy (in England years ago) driving down a main motorway in middle lane with a 2-3 year old kid on his lap!!!Felt like trying to pull him over and GIVE him my ( at the time unused) car seat!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Is the Ring of Kerry a motorway?

Am yes did you not see the press release?;)

Btw I did say it was off topic:p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,421 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

wlodi81 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I've seen some guy singing a heavy metal song and shaking his head up and down

Hey..I was also playing Air Guitar...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

Smokerkl wrote: »
    Me getting pulled over by Garda cos I passed them out in the fast lane of n8 few weeks back doing between 90-100, they were in left lane doing 70 ish and the cheeky bugg***s blue lighted me pulled me over and told me I shouldnt pass out an emergency vehicle??? He was driving while on the phone and his mate was eating crisps or something or other- hardly an emergency I thought and I didnt break the law from where I was sitting..
    S..

If those speeds are in MPH then you did break the law..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Smokerkl

Speed here is K's thats what i was doing..
    S..
    thx though-- I wish my car do 90-100 Mph???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

M1 soutbound around Dunleer in May 2006, came on a head on crash. One of the cars came onto the m1 from the off ramp.

IMG_0256.jpg
    newattachment.php?t=2055688423&poststarttime=1253616237&posthash=ad6694e00774823f4431c0a81fd8885c

BlueSpud wrote: »
    You dumb spanner!

wtf were you doing driving blind at 70mph for?

i'm in outside lane driving along and passing a lorry. half way through passing it, hit massive spray and i'm blinded. it was like the road just got waterlogged along that stretch.. hardly my fault.
    my gut reaction was that it's easier to drive in a straight line and get passed the lorry than to brake at 70mph in the outside lane.

i can't believe i even wasted my time explaining this to you after ya called me a dumb spanner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

I saw 7 Delorean's in Carrick on Shannon once. Must have been a club meet.

I was on the Kinsale rd roundabout in Cork once before the flyover was built when the lanes would cross over each other. Hard enough to drive around it the right way and avoid a collision but came upon a woman driving the wrong way around the roundabout! Instead of stopping and turning around, she kept going but covered her mouth with her hand in a kind of shocked gesture. Bizarre stuff :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Scouserfan

damoz wrote: »
    A set of headlights ..... oncoming... in my lane.

do you know minister Jim McDaid :)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

KamiKazi wrote: »
    A yuppie driven SUV / Audi / BMW driving in the left lane, quite a rareity.
    I don't think its that rare! We usually are in the left lane when we are undertaking you as you dawdle in the overtaking lane!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 ImaBM-man

Couple of weeks back, coming home from Rathcoole at about 1 in the morning we were heading down the slip way on to the M50 from the red cow, some one who had too many drinks decided they were gonna walk home!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

A SL500 stopped in the driving lane of the M50/N11 merge with the driver arguing with the driver behind.

Traffic was at full tilt about 6pm and was moving along ! he had been driving all over the place and undertook this guy who flashed him (:rolleyes:) this guy in the merc slams on and stops... says his piece and flys off, nearly causing a pile up on the N11. I was driving a bit behind and seen the whole thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

kbannon wrote: »
    I don't think its that rare! We usually are in the left lane when we are undertaking you as you dawdle in the overtaking lane!!!!

Zing :D And for the record I drive a bike, as such I'm rarely overtaken (or undertaken:p) on the motorway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

Wierdest thing I saw on a motorway was a fully grown man standing at the verge of the motorway taking a slash, fair enough, but this guy had his jeans and his pants round his ankles! wtf!!

I have also seen this, twice by the same individual, well it was a BMW 6 series that was parked on the road and this guy stands on top of the ditch and exposes himself to anyone who passed by........:eek::eek::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Anjin

Was on holiday down in the fair county of Kerry a couple of years back. Driving along minding my own business coming up to a hill which turned to the left when one of those Volvo earth movers came barrelling around and lost it ! Up on to to wheels and then proceeds to fishtail down the hill coming at me. Needless to say a change of underpants was required by both myself and the wife. He caught it in the end and brought it to a stop. Young fella driving, looked kinda green when he climbed out of the cab ! Lesson learnt i hope . :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭horsebox1977

Not quite a motorway but..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvkYCapb31w

Advertisement