Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what do boards people think of people from paris/france

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,024 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

briany wrote: »
    Yeah it was used by Groundskeeper Willy, so it is technically a Scottish phrase and henceforth a British one.

I'll break it to you gently, but the Simpsons cartoon characters aren't real, and the scripts are written by Americans. I'm sorry that I destroyed your fantasy, and tore your world apart, but I promise that I won't do it again.:P:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Snooty, wine loving surrender monkeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,648 ✭✭✭✭briany

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I'll break it to you gently, but the Simpsons cartoon characters aren't real, and the scripts are written by Americans. I'm sorry that I destroyed your fantasy, and tore your world apart, but I promise that I won't do it again.:P:pac:

And here was me wondering why they all had jaundice....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

stovelid wrote: »
    Human, in other words.
    Yup, my point.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,335 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

stupid right-hand drive banger taking my space...:mad:

So he didnt bring a french car over so:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

They don't seem to like non-French wines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

I've only visited Paris once and I'd like to return again but there are many other cities in Europe that I'd personally prefer. I was there as a tourist so I can not comment about the lifestyle etc.. but I loved using the metro.

I had apprehensions about going because of a french speaking Canadian friends experience. She ethnically Korean but had fluent French, she was shocked by people insulting her to face in French and then being all nicre in English thinking that she did not understand, but it was extremely upsetting.

I had no problems there but then I'm not asian.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

No offence, but I hate the french. Bunch of cheese eating surrender monkeys.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

dubois90 wrote: »
    we have the style, the best city in the world and well basically everything so whats your view on Parisians?

If you count Parisians as people who were born in Paris then you'd be surprised to find that there are very few of them. Less than 25% of the population of Paris have actually been born in Paris (me included).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Medievalist

mickdw wrote: »
    So he didnt bring a french car over so:D

Er...yea...right hand side of the road....left hand....right...ahem....:P

...more wine....

• Advertisement
Advertisement