Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what do boards people think of people from paris/france

Options
  • 18-09-2009 5:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

we have the style, the best city in the world and well basically everything so whats your view on Parisiens?

p.s born in paris and feel french and irish.:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

dubois90 wrote: »
    we have the style, the best city in the world and well basically everything so whats your view on Parisiens?

Smelly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

oooh la la, merde

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Oh, most French people are fine.

There's always an exception

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

They live near Disneyland and the most amazing fashion houses in the world
    What's not to like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭dubois90

brummytom wrote: »
    Oh, most French people are fine.

There's always an exception

AH YES the anti-french brit comes out of the woodwork :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

They're grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

loadsa style in 'les banlieus'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Never been in Paris but was in France (down the west coast into the pyrennes) last week and the people we meet where fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

French people chomp onions and go "hoh-hee-hoh-hee-hoh"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Where exactly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I've got nothing against the French. :confused:

I've never been to Paris so can't comment on that. France has many fine exports - cheeses, wines, fashions. And Normandy is absolutely beautiful. All I said was there's the odd exception; surely that's true of everywhere.

Care to presume anything else about me? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,361 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

French people are serial killers thread starters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

I have a french friend who is awesome as are her family, but the rest of ye are c*nts. Pretentious, obnoxious, always complaining and then trying to make up for your eternal small man syndrome (Napoleon and Pipin) by attempting to create the French Empire aka the EU.

Sorry I'm in a really bad mood today.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

That cnut Sarkozy is wrecking the buzz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

Hey, were you born abroad? That's really cool and fascinating. You should start multiple threads about it, and maybe let us know how many languages you speak. You're really cool and different, I really like you!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

The French gave us Eric Cantona and very stylish laydeez, whats not to like!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

You're really humble too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Whosbetter?

Toured France 3 years ago.

Rudest people ever,esp those in Paris. Fact!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Agricola wrote: »
    The French gave us Eric Cantona and very stylish laydeez, whats not to like!
    Erm, just go through the OP's previous posts and you'll be closer to an answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

"Yo Imma let you finish but Italy has one of the best capital cities around."

I like paris, haven't been to it in years though used to go a couple or 3 times a year for a while. It does have major problems though. Architecturally /culturally etc is is beautiful. People wise not always so good. I think most people from a capital city tend to have more of a bragging kind of outlook than the rest of the country (this goes for dublin as well).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

french wimmins are hairy and smell like the seine at low tide

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I like Johnny Onion Rings.. does that count?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,024 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

All the French folks in Paris told my daughter and her chums, on a school trip, to fuck off back to England.

(no vague generalisation intended:P)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

^^^^ yeah but when they hear you are Irish different story :D

Cool nice people :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

I though Paris was the most magnificent city I've ever been to, and I'm considering moving there sometime in the next 5-10 years. As for the French, they're too diverse (and I've too little experience) to really comment, except to say I like the national mentality, mostly.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Depends on who you meet.
    Every country has their fair share of great people and then downright planks, but thankfully the ones I have met have been very pleasant.
    One of my true great friends is French and she would go to the ends of the earth for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

It's nice that Parisians allow you to cross the road near the Champs Elysees and don't run you down , very thoughtful of them .My expierences with French people in Ireland /France/UK has being pretty good .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Paris is too touristy for me, but like southern France where I have relatives. French blue is also one of my favourite colours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Paris is too touristy for me, but like southern France where I have relatives. French blue is also one of my favourite colours!

Nice is a sh1tehole. Brittany for the win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭luckylucky

Toured France 3 years ago.

Rudest people ever,esp those in Paris. Fact!

It's opinion not fact - see this is what I was getting at in my other thread ;)

I found the friendliest people I ever met were down towards the south West of France. Seemed really really nice people. Pays De Royan I think was the name of the area if I remember right. Even in Paris I didn't find people any more unfriendly than any other capital city. Maybe it helps that I can speak a bit of the lingo.

Mind you "I'm a thread starter, twisted thread starter" dubois does appear to fit the more arrogant image some people have of the French. ;)

Advertisement