Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How you keep someone banned from shop?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Be very careful op. I know someone whose whole family was terrorised for a long time 'cos he fell out with a traveller. The guards were no help, many have no fear of the guards.
    A mate of my husbands I'll call John was at a funeral down in Mullingar a few years ago and ended up in a pub where there were two traveller families. A row broke out, John was attacked with a machete and his brother's throat was cut. John ran out onto the street to flag down a car. A squad car just drove past and ignored his pleas for help. Thank God an angel of a woman stopped to pick him up. A doctor happened to be lodging with her so she took him to her house to treat until the ambulance arrived. He nearly died that night, needed about 20 pints of blood as his whole body was seriously lacerated. Both John and his brother survived thank God.
    I'm sure there are some lovely travelling families about but just be warned, there are some dangerous folks about.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Dublindude69

Now I'm getting scared.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Originally Posted by cGirl
    Why the need to specifically point out that they're travellers?

Because thats whay they were. Duh!

If a bunch of Germans/French/whatever robbed a bank and were caught, the newspapers would say they were Germans/French/whatever!

If a German/French/whatever crashed a car, the newspapers would say they were Germans/French/whatever!

If Germans/French/whatever went to a store and shoplifted, the newspapers would say they were Germans/French/whatever!

I as a reader of text - at least have the kop-on to be able to assess the stated info provided and come to my own conclusions.
    I sure as hell am not going to start hating Germans/French/whatever!
    There is too many going around with too Politically Correct chips on their shoulders! Jeasus!

OP, before I can give you a serious answer, how many times do they still frequent your property?
    Daily, weekly, etc?
    Is there particular times of the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

They just plead ignorance, not because they are (although some may be) but because it works.
    Like a child knows that by asking "why?" enough times an adult will break down and go "Feck it, here you go" some adults are the same.

Go on the offence next time, ask "Why do you come here?" and "You have no right!" over and over again. Ignore anything that does not answer your question.
    Walk after them in the shop saying, again over and over: "You are not allowed".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

If they were caught and charged by the Gardi(?), have you pursued them in court?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭monoP54

This carry on will never change.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Biggins wrote: »
    Because thats whay they were. Duh!

If a bunch of Germans/French/whatever robbed a bank and were caught, the newspapers would say they were Germans/French/whatever!
    Yes, but also in this case one of the most important things is that they are travellers, the PC brigade can say "oh they should be all treated the same", but the fact of the matter is the GARDAI do not treat them the same, so this is very relevant to this case. If they were german/french etc there would be no need to add it, it would be just descriptive, but being travellers changes things completely. A similar example would be if the OP said it was a bunch of 6 year olds, who could not be arrested, and had no parents about, who would also be treated differently by the gardai.

They are a law unto themselves since most gardai are scared sh!tless of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

R.O.A.R. signs and a security guard FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Dartz

To answer the original question.

I suggest the below. Works for javaboy et al...
    Why wouldn't one work IRL?

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Dublindude69

Biggins wrote: »
    If they were caught and charged by the Gardi(?), have you pursued them in court?
    The charges where dropped because they paid the money back they stole.

• Advertisement
Advertisement