Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How you keep someone banned from shop?

Options
  • 17-09-2009 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭

I work at a store and he constantly have problems with a certin Traviller family constantly coming in and stealing. They can't deny it because we clearly have them on camera stealing things.
    The problem is they come in about twice a week. When we tell them to leave because they are banned they just stare at you. I'm fed up with them, they buy like €5 worth of stuff and end up stealing about €50. We've gotten the law involved, one of them was even arrested before because they stole money but they are still coming in.
    Why won't they leave, we asked the guardi to explain to them all they are perma banned after the money thing but they just don't take a hint.
    I'm fed up explaining why they are banned, I just get "I'm not banned" all the time and I have to explain they are, always.
    I wish they would at least steal soap and some deodrant. Damn Connors.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Taze them, problem solved. Next!

or do what Spar do

• Registered Users Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Kill them. Permabanned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 cGirl

Why the need to specifically point out that they're travellers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Shoot them when they are walking away..oh wait you can't do that in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Give them jobs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Get footage of them returning and stealing again then get them trespassed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

cGirl wrote: »

Are you just trying to cause an arguement?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

ScumLord wrote: »
    Give them jobs.

Yeah I like that idea, reverse psychology. Tell them if they steal again it's coming out of their wages lol.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

beat them with a hurl each time they come in...

they'll soon learn...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

buy a pieball poney

• Advertisement

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Are you just trying to cause an arguement?
    No, I'm genuinely curious as to the relevance that has to his post.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭gandhi123

Bit of a crazy idea here but I'm just gonna throw it our there...

Security guard???

No???

I'm sorry , that was a stupid idea:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭tanyaog2007

the guards will do fU*CK all they are afraid of them, makes me sick they can do what they like and nothn is done about it , if it was just a other nomal family doing that im sure it would be a diffrent story :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Because they are :/

If it was a group of scumbag little kids of the depths of Tallaght, they'd be called that.

Calling someone a traveller that is a traveller, isn't a problem.
    Degrading travellers is a problem.

Stealing is stealing. The posters has identified who it was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭tanyaog2007

and why wouldnt he say thay are knackers , if it was a non knacker family he prob more then likely wouldnt have the problem because the guards wud have sorted them out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Just tell them there rights of trade has been with drawn from the store and there's no explaining. You don't have to serve them let them in if ye don't want them there. END of its a shop not a lawyers firm/garda station/charity shop.

Also at this stage, ye don't have to be nice so. Just be a prick too.

Rabies wrote: »
    Because they are :/

If it was a group of scumbag little kids of the depths of Tallaght, they'd be called that.

Calling someone a traveller that is a traveller, isn't a problem.
    Degrading travellers is a problem.

Stealing is stealing. The posters has identified who it was
    Silly me, thinking maybe they could be described as "people". Maybe I just picked up the insinuation that the problem here was Oh, gosh, the travellers are at it again...I don't feel he specifically needed to point out that people of a certain cultural background came into his shop to steal. He would have gotten comments just as constructive had he said "people". They are people, right? I'm not trying to cause an argument, this is just something I take issue with.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Some scumbags fear the law. They can be fined, as the Gardai know where they live. Travellers cannot be fined as easily, as they can just move address over night. They know this, and thus the bad ones can ignore most of these laws the rest of us obey.

msg11 wrote: »
    Just tell them there rights of trade has been with drawn from the store and there's no explaining. You don't have to serve them let them in if ye don't want them there. END of its a shop not a lawyers firm/garda station/charity shop.

Also at this stage, ye don't have to be nice so. Just be a prick too.

He's not serving them, that's the problem.

Silly me, thinking maybe they could be described as "people". Maybe I just picked up the insinuation that the problem here was Oh, gosh, the travellers are at it again...I don't feel he specifically needed to point out that people of a certain cultural background came into his shop to steal. He would have gotten comments just as constructive had he said "people". They are people, right? I'm not trying to cause an argument, this is just something I take issue with.

If they were a bunch of little skangers, i'd have said so. If they were a load of little 8 year old brats, i'd have said so.

I don't think the OP has insinuated that all travelers are shop-lifters, just happens the shop lifters he speaks of are travelers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭waitinforatrain

I work at a store and he constantly have problems with a certin Traviller family constantly coming in and stealing. They can't deny it because we clearly have them on camera stealing things.
    The problem is they come in about twice a week. When we tell them to leave because they are banned they just stare at you. I'm fed up with them, they buy like €5 worth of stuff and end up stealing about €50. We've gotten the law involved, one of them was even arrested before because they stole money but they are still coming in.
    Why won't they leave, we asked the guardi to explain to them all they are perma banned after the money thing but they just don't take a hint.
    I'm fed up explaining why they are banned, I just get "I'm not banned" all the time and I have to explain they are, always.
    I wish they would at least steal soap and some deodrant. Damn Connors.

You're making a fool out of yourself 'explaining' to them over and over. They know well, they also know you won't do anything about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Just hire a security guard ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Can't you get a restraining order or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭waitinforatrain

Shup with your PC ****e, of course it's relevant that they're travellers. You wouldn't get a settled family doing that again and again and getting away with it. And there's a limit to how far you can push a traveller without making yourself an enemy of the whole family.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Silly me

Apology accepted, move along.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Dublindude69

SV wrote: »
    That's not up to me and the higher ups won't do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭beardo81

You know what, your totally right, in fact he probably deserves everything he gets for pointing out who they are. That'll teach him to try and protect his living. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,540 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

SV wrote: »
    Didn't somebody already suggest giving some of them jobs? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

... a true guardian of the travelling community:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Ah knock off the PC stuff, this is AH, and if they were travellers and he identified them as such I really am not seeing the problem.

You're just out looking for a fight. Let it alone. There's more in life to worry about.

Advertisement