Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Favourite North County Picture - No Pic = No Post

Options
  • 15-09-2009 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭

Just as the title says folks, post your favourite picture of N.C.D here with a short description of where it is and what you like about it. Fingal has such a lot to offer maybe a few pics would encourage us to explore what is on our door step. No Pic = No Post
    Max 2 photos per post

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

O.K I will start it off. The estuary is so peaceful with plenty of bird life. Good walk from The spout Rd to Railway tracks and back.

From behind pier looking up estuary

[EMAIL="%3Ca%20href="]3740857264_eac10c6481.jpg[/EMAIL]">

Few others on www.flickr.co.uk >Leo Bissett>photostream Go to page 9 for some birds at the estuary

Would not copy the other photo properly. But this is a great beachfor surfing but not great for swimming because of the sand banks. Take 2 steps and the water goes from 2 foot to 5 foot. But its a good walk
    [EMAIL="%3Ca%20href="]3911016324_dea8ff85da.jpg[/EMAIL]">

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'm no great shakes with a camera but I love High Rock in Malahide when the sea is rough.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,757 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

A seal just lazing in Skerries Harbour.

90968.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

This an infrared shot taken beside the lake at Skerries Mill.

EE3F93BEDCE34D868477EFA059AB290E-800.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fingalian

BigSky County! Sunset looking towards the Nags Head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 AvonBalbriggan

Swords estuary :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

Its a phone picture, so excuse the crapness :P
    Rush Harbour
    Image032.jpg

1 more :D

Its the centre pole we used for our bonfire last halloween, on the beach behind the martellow tower in Hand Park Rush
    Halloween3.jpg?t=1253135476

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Skerries Windmill:
    lrg-30-068.JPG

• Advertisement

Nice colours in windmill shot:)

Folks can we add a little description to our posts, ie exact location is there a walkway near and something brief about area. It might encourage new (and not so new) people living in this area to go and see some of the lovely spots in Fingal.
    Thanks
    LeoB

Hope QOTSA90 does not mind me posting this of Rush Harbour

[EMAIL="%3Ca%20href="]3274718433_d378aa58c0.jpg[/EMAIL]">

This harbour is situated at far end of village if you come in from Dublin Rd. Drive straight down the Main St and you will come to it. Parking available on Harbour Rd and car park at Harbour Bar. Good view of Lambay Island, Drummanagh, 2 good beachs and a short walk around Hand Pk. Nice bowl of soup awaits in Harbour Bar, or something a little stronger;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 AvonBalbriggan

Portrane

• Registered Users Posts: 24,964 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

The coastal walk at Portrane.

PortraneCoastWalk.jpg

The clock tower in St Ita's Hospital against a beautiful sky.

StItasClockTower.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭MSporty

Loughshinny crab boat off Lambay

one%20of%20the%20old%20Loughshinny%20crab%20boats.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

This is a shot of Balbriggan harbour from the pedestrian bridge in the train station. Taken in November 3 years ago when we used to actually have sun on occasion. :)

Edit: Glad I attached it, didn't realise it was so big. Apologies and I can resize if it's a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭sashasdad

DSC00479.jpg

sunriserush14-01-09_0001.jpg
    Sunrise over Lambay and Rush Harbour

birdprint.jpg
    Taken near the cliffs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Ardgillen Park. (http://tinyurl.com/ardgillan-park) Between Balbriggan & Skerries. Taken the first day I got my new DSLR.

BACFE02591484F94BB73CF4A48AD47C3-800.jpg

833A19C6154F402A804411AB77DD2985-800.jpg

25A489F15446466F949C0727B91DD02D-800.jpg

sgarvan #3 has great potential. Hope you are enjoying the camera.

On a sunny clear day if you go a little further towards castle and move to the right you will capture the nice deep green grass, blue sea and the Cooley/Mourne Mtns in the background. You could also really strike it lucky and get a trawler from Balbriggan.

Most posts have water in them which is not suprising, it gives creedance to the people who might want that coastal walk or coastal walks on the agenda. Howth unveiled a number of Walks recently and I think there is scope for for quite a few more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

I took both of these photos in Ardgillen Park last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

LeoB wrote: »
    sgarvan #3 has great potential. Hope you are enjoying the camera.

On a sunny clear day if you go a little further towards castle and move to the right you will capture the nice deep green grass, blue sea and the Cooley/Mourne Mtns in the background. You could also really strike it lucky and get a trawler from Balbriggan.

Thanks for the hints LeoB. Yeah really enjoying the camera now that I have stocked up on a few lens. Havent been back up to Ardgillen since I took them. Must go back up there and try and get a shot like you are talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

A76DA7F4CF744173BDA7ABE7E512FA36-800.jpg

just as you come into rush.

i filtered the colour.
    makes me smile when i see this in the morning i think its funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭AxlF

The smaller windmill which is located just outside Skerries. Not quite as impressive as it's big brother the Great Windmill but still beautiful to look at and stunning at night too.
    3772704191_262eae7019_b.jpg

And Ardgillan Castle: Beautiful grounds - the rose garden, the walled garden - great views and a great playground for the kids - all for free (well, donations accepted in the house).
    3773540130_d59550a57e_b.jpg
    Very nice day out

Martron wrote: »
    A76DA7F4CF744173BDA7ABE7E512FA36-800.jpg

just as you come into rush.

i filtered the colour.
    makes me smile when i see this in the morning i think its funny.

I drive by this field every day and never noticed these. Plenty of room to trick around with these. Id say ya need a big cue? Interesting

rush south beach this morning. a little over exposed but i was shooting into the sun

2ECADF61D8A544C3A436FEADC9EC0DEC-500.jpg

Martron I really like this photo. May I be so bold as to suggest a little crop, at the bottom about half way in towards the horse and a small bit at top:) More landscape. Excellent.

i only lashed it up i was going to put a border on it. thanks for the suggestion though much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 22,757 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I'm giving this a bump. It is summertime folks - I'm sure you've got lots of snaps of DCN that you could post up to brighten our days.

HB

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Alan Farrell

Ardgillan Demesne in May 2010. (If anyone knows how to shrink these to fit, let me know!
    IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0133.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Not so easy to post a photo here as it seems!

Advertisement