Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fireworks [Northern Ireland only]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Did you try mega scuds? I saw them last year but took the tridents over them

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,903 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Last year I decided the only rockets I was buying were War Hawks, cheap and so so loud.

Spend the rest on big multi shots, which are bloody epic!! the bigger the better!!

so overall I had less fuses to light, but so much more bang from them all compared to the year before where I got a lot of small stuff!

Yeah couple of worthwhile barrages i had were a nemisis bunker buster and oblivion, rascal is another one thats cheap and alright. There all made by diamond, theres a good bit of brightstar stuff too but i didnt get any so not sure whats what.

Dont bother with them ammo ones that have about 1000 shots either, they just let out little squeaks loada crap, or any selection boxes either, big bangs FTW!

5500 wrote: »
    Dont bother with them ammo ones that have about 1000 shots either, they just let out little squeaks loada crap

I had a 200 and a 1000 (I think) of those ammo's and they were bloody brilliant!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I had a 200 and a 1000 (I think) of those ammo's and they were bloody brilliant!!

I had a few Diamond 200 units- the kids (who are only 6 and 7 in all fairness) loved them- but I thought they were a bit lame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Cian 1122

Hi I was wondering up in jonesborough/ newry is there anywhere I can by blackcats / bangers if if there not the black cats brand and how much

I asked the guy last year in Jonesborough about bangers and he said no one bothers getting them in anymore as they are crappy!!

These days people want big bangs from rockets or multi shot repeaters

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Itsgav02

Hi just a quick question or two. 1: How far is jonesborough market from newry and is it worth it. Also where can i get catagory 4 (display) fireworks?

Thx - Gav

Never saw any cat4 stuff for sale there. Haven't passed by the market shops saturday or midweek yet to see if there open but but there's a few on the old dublin road that seem to be all week now

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

Itsgav02 wrote: »
    Hi just a quick question or two. 1: How far is jonesborough market from newry and is it worth it. Also where can i get catagory 4 (display) fireworks?

Thx - Gav

Jonesborough is about 5 miles from Newry and there are two shops inside the gate of the market on the right that sell fireworks and a container further on down the road behind the shop on the corner that sell them as well.

• Advertisement

SPAWKER wrote: »
    Jonesborough is about 5 miles from Newry and there are two shops inside the gate of the market on the right that sell fireworks and a container further on down the road behind the shop on the corner that sell them as well.

I’ve bought the last 2 years at the shop where the container is, how are the 2 shops at the market for selection & price?

I’ve bought the last 2 years at the shop where the container is, how are the 2 shops at the market for selection & price?

Selection and prices in both shops and container very similar

I think it depends on how much your buying, fella in the container wouldn't seem to budge on the price for me spending a few hundred before. Did you pick up anything this year yet?

I think it depends on how much your buying, fella in the container wouldn't seem to budge on the price for me spending a few hundred before. Did you pick up anything this year yet?

I was able to haggle a little bit with the container guy last year, everything I’d picked up totted up to about €185, so I grabbed about 30 quids worth of air bombs and asked could I make it an even 200

Not been up yet, still have a packet of War Hawks left from last year, but might take a spin up next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dickins cider

anyone know the days and times for the market cheers

anyone know the days and times for the market cheers

The market is only open on a Sunday.

The shop on the corner, just beyond the market is open regular shop times.

Boxes upon boxes of various stuff lying around. They must be making some serious money.

Were you there yet midweek Andy? Normally the market shops should be open all week by now, seem's a bit quieter this year for some reason though

Were you there yet midweek Andy? Normally the market shops should be open all week by now, seem's a bit quieter this year for some reason though

I was there this morning. Didn't go to the market, just went to the corner shop.

Although when driving past the market, it looked like one of the shops had it's shutter up.

Any decent value or prices more or less the same as last years? Did he have a decent selection?

• Advertisement

Guys- another option- the crowd who run the Fireworks shop behind Watters (on the right hand side when you're heading towards the M1 in South Armagh)- have opened a temporary retail outlet in Cavan town. Apparently they haven't attracted any undue attention from anywhere (thus far anyway)- but its an option for anyone who might find Cavan more convenient.

Any decent value or prices more or less the same as last years? Did he have a decent selection?

Pretty much same as before, fairly big selection.
    I got a few packets of War Hawks and then a good few barrages.

5 pack of War Hawks - €20

And so on,

Was there any rockets bigger than warhawks there? Price is decent for them at that though

Was there any rockets bigger than warhawks there? Price is decent for them at that though

Yea, the usual big rockets,
    Atomic bombs - €14 each (theres no way I'm buying a rocket for that money)
    Tridents - (can't remember the price, but had 1 2 years ago and it was sh1te)
    Mega Hawks - €25 for a pack of 5, but looking at the videos of them on youtube, they don't look that great (all seemed to explode quite low in the video)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dickins cider

would 200 get you much lads

would 200 get you much lads

Yes, I dropped 200 yesterday on 3 packs of War Hawks and about 8 big barrages

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

Guys- another option- the crowd who run the Fireworks shop behind Watters (on the right hand side when you're heading towards the M1 in South Armagh)- have opened a temporary retail outlet in Cavan town. Apparently they haven't attracted any undue attention from anywhere (thus far anyway)- but its an option for anyone who might find Cavan more convenient.

Any idea where in town?would save me travelling anywhere

Dozyart wrote: »
    Any idea where in town?would save me travelling anywhere

I haven't been there (I went to the Armagh outlet)- they said it was behind the filling station. I'm not familiar with Cavan- however, I suspect if there is a filling station somewhere central- they're blue in the face telling people exactly where........ Sorry I have no more information.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Shaunied93

Hi lads just wondering where to go for best value il be driving up today after work and I'm not firmiliar with places to go for fireworks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Fionn4

Any delta force/ thunder rockets?

Advertisement