Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out of Focus & Off Topic MkII...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Nisio

• Registered Users Posts: 30,160 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

whyulittle wrote: »
    'Fraid not GT. The answer has been got btw, in another place where I have it posted.

Yep had a look there, even knowing where they are its hard to be sure, maybe if the resolution was higher it would be easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

trooney wrote: »
    Yvette is down with web design. He's(?) done a great job here -

http://yvettesbridalformal.com/
    That's what I call thinking outside the box, background image is a bit too fussy though I'd swap it for one of the other 3139 listed at http://yvettesbridalformal.com/sitebuilder/images/...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Did you realise that Shops in Dubai will not sell copies of the Flintstones Movie, however the same shops is Abu Dhabi do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

OK will wrap it up seen as how GT has cheated to find the answer, and CabanSail is in the right square (but still has it wrong!).

The first one is in C2 with its back going into B2.

The second one is in C4. That's its head in the top right corner, looking into C5. If you look carefully, you can see its two eyes. You can't see any more of its body.

Just thought I'd post it up to show how hard it can be to see them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,160 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

whyulittle wrote: »
    OK will wrap it up seen as how GT has cheated to find the answer, and CabanSail is in the right square (but still has it wrong!).

The first one is in C2 with its back going into B2.

The second one is in C4. That's its head in the top right corner, looking into C5. If you look carefully, you can see its two eyes. You can't see any more of its body.

Just thought I'd post it up to show how hard it can be to see them.

Didnt mean to cheat but had checked out the post on your site from the beginning, so was reading both discussions, was in Florida a few months ago and spotting aligators in the water was also tricky like this, I guess it's part of the way the hunt and hide waiting for prey

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

I'll work it into the looking for a new camera thread eventually but for now this looks interesting; (via photojojo)

http://snapsort.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭ianflynn

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    I'll work it into the looking for a new camera thread eventually but for now this looks interesting; (via photojojo)

http://snapsort.com/
    I used that site to pick between some canon and the d5000.
    got the nikon in the end :)

ianflynn wrote: »
    I used that site to pick between some canon and the d5000.
    got the nikon in the end :)

Yeah, been looking a little at it, but i'm not sure exactly how it works out the winner when you compare two.

it doesnt, its a side by side comparisson.
    it does choose a winner based on pros and cons

• Advertisement

ianflynn wrote: »
    it doesnt, its a side by side comparisson.
    it does choose a winner based on pros and cons

Hmnnn..... but a pro / con is very subjective - a con for example of no video compared on a machine with video actually means nothing if the photographer doesn't want video.

did you / would you find it better / worse than the DP Review side by side jobie which regularly gets referred to here. I thought the above site at least attempted a little bit of editorial on some of the feature comparisons.

well that just seems a basic version. dp review talked about the swivel screen on the d5000 as a pro. whereas to me it makes no difference. i havent used the video mode, probably never will. but in terms of the specs dp review sorted it.

second site gave a different perspective.
    i.e.
    Important Differences
    The Canon 40D shoots 62% faster
    The Nikon D5000 weighs 28% less
    The Nikon D5000 takes higher resolution photos by 18%
    The Canon 40D has a marginally larger screen
    stuff that will matter to people who that stuff matters to :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

You might get mocked but you also might get a better shot.
    Flash Helmet

Juergen_Specht-20020525050.jpg

those crazy japanese!!

You might get mocked but you also might get a better shot.
    Flash Helmet
    +1, it gets results both technically and the 'side-effect' of getting sober people into a light-hearted humour is far better than the bunny in headlights look we can get by pointing a big slr at someone.

Wouldn't see it being very practical in wind or a crowded room, but the lesson learned could be applied in some other way...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Anyone else at the Canon Training Course in the Clarion, Cork today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

democrates wrote: »
    +1, it gets results both technically and the 'side-effect' of getting sober people into a light-hearted humour is far better than the bunny in headlights look we can get by pointing a big slr at someone.

Wouldn't see it being very practical in wind or a crowded room, but the lesson learned could be applied in some other way...

well it depens on your technique and also what kind of results you want, not everyone wants big cheesy grins in every photo

well it depens on your technique and also what kind of results you want, not everyone wants big cheesy grins in every photo
    Agreed it's only one tool in the box...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mytripsmypics/3746114291/

One of the coolest pics I've seen in a while.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_H8TOKcfjg

i think this should be stickied with the 'what camera' thread, some truth in it

• Advertisement

nice peter cox landscape article over here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

That flash helmet must be good as from the photos there is a nice soft light, one would stick out by a mile, no worries of getting lost in a crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMwhl4IrPNc
    This really did make me smile today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

wbclec.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Cool stop motion video....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

Cool vid.

I just want to know where he/she/they got a 'General Lee' transformer.

I WANT ONE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Cool vid.

I just want to know where he/she/they got a 'General Lee' transformer.

I WANT ONE.

Custom built...see THIS link

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Good to see some realistic media coverage of the recent Boards.ie shutdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭rahtkennades

• Advertisement

sOGJu.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement