Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jude Ainsworth a.k.a J.thaddeus in the well

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭j.thaddeus

1. Why did you have to have a higher 2 pair to almost knock me out of the Venetian last year when i thought i was trapping you
    2. How do you find the online vs live scenario
    3. How did you actually feel the next morning after you scooped the $1MILL

i think i remember that hand
    i find the quicker structure of online tourneys seems to suit my game better
    still in shock, took a few days to sink in

What's the worst hand you ever played?

there are so many bad one s it hard to pick.
    how i went out of the wcoop 10k event was terrible
    think the blinds were 80-160 i raised w q 10 (had 5k starting the hand). got 1 caller to my left flop came 10-high. i bet got called. turn came a 3 i bet again got called. river came a rag. i had about 3k left there was over 5k in the pot. i checked. villain insta shoved, i called. he had 33 hit his set on the turn. i lost way to many chips with a crap hand in such a high buy-in

You mention you use Hold'em Manager...what fetures do you use the most for tourneys? Do you also use HUD, and if yes what stats you think are the most important for tourneys?

i use hud. the stats i use the most are No. of hands, PFR, 1st Raise, limp, 3 bet and cont. bet

Hello Jude and IrlKev, (feel free to ignore or answer these, I'm just bored)
    2. What are the big events you are going to play in the next 12 months. Online/Live
    3. How do you manage your tilt control?
    4. When you get down to 10 BB or less in a Tournament, do you have a shoving range or ATC?
    5. The biggest tells you've seen LIVE and online
    6. What is the sound of one hand slapping the head off BCB (Noel Hayes)
    7. PHD? Very nice, Tell me is Actimel any fking use at all, I keep buying the stuff but it makes me want to puke most of the time, especially after a feed of beer and some pigs feet.
    8. Give us some examples of how you can possibly use your PHD if you persist with this poker playing lark?
    9. Which would make the most money, a cure for baldness or a cure for ginger. (Just realised the 1st one
    Cured BCB of the 2nd one )
    10 Which of the MR Men best describes your personality.

1. BigmickGs jewellery sometimes blinds me in a well lit poker room. How do you feel about sunglasses in live poker.
    (It's not as silly as wearing them playing online though as you can trip over the coffee table, found that out the hard way)

1.i don't wear them in ireland but when i go abroad i usually do. i like being able to stare at people when there playing a hand without them knowing

2.ept london, irish open ipc for definite hope to fit a few more epts in, dont know which ones yet.

3. don't tilt much when i do take 5 min away from the computer

4.hands with a bit of potential. don't shove with complete muck.

8. cant use it a job would way too time consuming it s 1 or the other

9. has to be ginger

10. is there a dopey

1. what were the first games you played online, did you jump straight into mtts or build a roll with sngs?

2. what set up do you use to play ie how many monitors or just a laptop?

3. worst ever misclick?

1. started with sngs but as soon as i built up a few $ i would take a stab at mtts

3..always at it, raised 5k utg in the 150-r on ft last week at 100-200 w 63s got shipped by jj and had to call

• Advertisement

Describe your computer(s). Is it turf fired?
    What happens if the children want to hear a bedtime story? Do you tell them a bad beat story?
    Why are Galway players so lucky?
    Are you always interested in playing poker / or do you get bored with it?
    Do you have starting hands you hate (good hands but not for you)?

timber,
    they wont listen to them anymore, sick of them
    i'd say we're unlucky we should have a couple of epts and braclets by now only for bad beats
    haven't got bored with it yet
    no

Hi Jude,

- Why is Stars your fav site?

- (Serious question here) - do you have any personal techinques in trying to control your breathing/BPM when you're playing live? - do you use yoga or any other holistic methods? Any breathing techniques?

- Do you have any general advice for controlling that rush of adrenolin during play in order to minimise tells?

Thanks.

they have the biggest prize pools
    no don't find it a problem
    if your giving off tells wear a hoodie that can cover your neck and mouth

ave you ever come across sckill (stars) or sckilla (fulltilt)? if so how did you find his play?

obv you change gears as tournaments progress and considering your table etc. but overall would you say you more often employ and TAG or LAG strategy in the early to mid stages of a large field tournament when stacks are still 30/40bb+?

name rings a bell. cant recall any plays
    i would be playing playing a couple of hands each round not too agg. but not LAG

1. What age are you.
    2. Is stars the only site you have big scores on or do you get the same results on various sites?
    3. How long did it take you to grind out a big br. Did you bust a few times before having a deep enough br for the tournaments your now playing.
    4. Any chance of sending me a gallon of water.

thanks.

i do ok on the others biggest win 56k
    busted many times due to bad management
    on the way

In terms of poker where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
    Have you ever felt out of your league on the poker table live or online?
    What players made you feel like this if any? live & online?
    Have you good BR management or are you a degenerate like most of us on ere?
    Are you any good at golf?
    Who has had the biggest impact in teaching, advising you in your poker career?
    Who is the best player live and online youve played with?
    Is it true that you galway feckers only got good at poker because ya`s all got sh1t faced on the contaminated water and developed super soul reading/luckboxing powers?
    Tomato sauce or Brown sauce?
    Chicken or Ham?
    Is it true that you can run faster than Usain Bolt even giving him a headstart?
    Gary Glitter or Michael Jackson?
    Yes or No for the lisbon treaty?

would like to be playing all the ept s and large cash games
    yes but not for a while.

best live player was some 19 year Canadian kid at my table in monte carlo this year. it was a really tough table and this guy was cutting it up all day. think his name was ammika. said he played 25-50 omaha most of the time.

no it was all fintans doing

• Advertisement

Did the 900k+ cash affect your ability to play small buy in donkaments much. Obv it would but were you able to go back to playing the lesser ones, or did you ever. Does a 10k 1st prize in a 3000 runner field interest you anymore.

ya i found i lost a bit of the hunger i used to have tourneys. but am getting it back now. cant play them huge fields for 10k, find i lose interest after playing 8 hrs and there is still hundreds of players left. i like the higher buy-in with smaller numbers.

do you have any advice for multi tabling, me head melts once i go past 4!!
    do you tile or cascade
    thanks

get HEM and an additional monitor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 nando9

congrats on recent results

what % of mtt would u
    cash
    ft
    bust early
    bubble

b4 ur big win did u sat into bigger games - do you have any particular tactics in sats for big sunday games??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Hey Jude, thanks for doing the well. Great to see some of the best in the country contributing to boards. Good to have you here.

Just a few questions for you.

1. Have you ever been staked?
    2. What % of full time MTT players are playing on their own money (obviously this is an estimate)?
    3. Is it possible to be in teh top say 10% of MTT players and be losing longterm because of variance?
    4. Do you think there's anything unethical about playing poker?
    5. How many FPPs do you have and what's the coolest thing you've bought/plan to buy with them?
    6. What sites do you play on apart from Stars?

Thanks and gl!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭BIGMICKG

Good stuff Jude. Keep it up! just a couple of quick Qs.

Why didnt u warn me derek was such a moan before leaving me alone with him in Barca??

Do u feel threatened now that Im gonna start taking online mtts more seriously and surely its only a matter of time before I steal ur limelight
    and am recognised as Irelands no.1 mtt player?

Do u fancy stakeing me into wsope?

:pac: :D:);)

congrats on recent results

what % of mtt would u
    cash
    ft
    bust early
    bubble

b4 ur big win did u sat into bigger games - do you have any particular tactics in sats for big sunday games??

cash btw 13-16%
    bust early 3-6%
    don't know my stats for the other 2

i play sats the same way i play a mmt

Hey Jude, thanks for doing the well. Great to see some of the best in the country contributing to boards. Good to have you here.

Just a few questions for you.

1. Have you ever been staked?
    2. What % of full time MTT players are playing on their own money (obviously this is an estimate)?
    3. Is it possible to be in teh top say 10% of MTT players and be losing longterm because of variance?
    4. Do you think there's anything unethical about playing poker?
    5. How many FPPs do you have and what's the coolest thing you've bought/plan to buy with them?
    6. What sites do you play on apart from Stars?

Thanks and gl!

1. once or twice not too often
    2. not a clue would the vast majority
    3. yes
    4.no its a game of skill
    5.about 200k never used for anything bar tourney entries
    6.ft, pp and party

Good stuff Jude. Keep it up! just a couple of quick Qs.

Why didnt u warn me derek was such a moan before leaving me alone with him in Barca??

Do u feel threatened now that Im gonna start taking online mtts more seriously and surely its only a matter of time before I steal ur limelight
    and am recognised as Irelands no.1 mtt player?

Do u fancy stakeing me into wsope?

thought after 2 days you'd of copped

if your work hard and stop listening to **** me and derek are telling you, you might get there by the time your 30

not even playing in it myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭30something

Hi Jude,

Awesome results, you are a credit to Irish Poker.

Can I ask you about this ....
    j.thaddeus wrote: »
    worst thing is only paying attention to hands u play-watch every single hand

If you multi-table MTTs, how can you pay attention to every hand on every table?

1 other question:- you mention you take notes - do use use a pen and paper or do you just use the Poker-Stars facility?

Thanks.

Hi Jude,

Awesome results, you are a credit to Irish Poker.

Can I ask you about this ....

Quote:
    Originally Posted by j.thaddeus
    worst thing is only paying attention to hands u play-watch every single hand
    If you multi-table MTTs, how can you pay attention to every hand on every table?

1 other question:- you mention you take notes - do use use a pen and paper or do you just use the Poker-Stars facility?

Thanks.

what i meant was watch every hand when your playing live.
    i have HEM which does it for me when online.

i use the sites facilities

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭marty smyth

i would be willing to drop up to $150k if it meant a braclet

i'd be willing to give up my bracelet for an extra $150k... maybe we can negociate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭marty smyth

u've already answered the 2 main questions that i'd have asked u about (the 88 and A9 hands u played at the final table), but i do have another couple...

how do u fair at online cash games, and what kind of style do u adopt when u play cash? how does the standard at, say 5-10, compare to medium to high mtts?

what is the variance like when u multi-table mtts to the degree u do? would it be pretty uncommon to have a losing month, and what sort of figures would u consider to be just a normal downswing?

what would u consider to be the most difficult... learning how to use holdem manager and pokertracker properly, or doing a PHD in bio-chemistry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Paul Spillane

What is your golf h/c?

i'd be willing to give up my bracelet for an extra $150k... maybe we can negociate?

100k and its a deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

100k and its a deal

Why?

u've already answered the 2 main questions that i'd have asked u about (the 88 and A9 hands u played at the final table), but i do have another couple...

how do u fair at online cash games, and what kind of style do u adopt when u play cash? how does the standard at, say 5-10, compare to medium to high mtts?

what is the variance like when u multi-table mtts to the degree u do? would it be pretty uncommon to have a losing month, and what sort of figures would u consider to be just a normal downswing?

what would u consider to be the most difficult... learning how to use holdem manager and pokertracker properly, or doing a PHD in bio-chemistry?

don't play cash games enough to give u an answer on this 1. only have 297 hands played at 5-10 and up $900.

the swings are big, lost 18k the sunday before last. and often lose 10k after playing 3 days midweek. there would be nothing unusual to have a 40-50k downswing, if i went anything over that i would start to lower my stakes. i have to win about 15k a week to break even.

ya it a bitch, but wort the hassle

What is your golf h/c?

24 should be 36

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

Hey Jude,

What are the chances of Derek doing a well :)

Why?

because i reckon it would open up more doors

• Advertisement

Hey Jude,

What are the chances of Derek doing a well

good

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement