Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Mammy,what colour is my jumper?
    "navy"
    She decided to tell everyone that her jumper was gravy:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

I walked into the living room to find my 2 boys giggling behind the curtains, i open the curtains to find the little guy butt naked standing on the window sill for all the neighbours to see. any way they had managed to open the window, i put my little guy on the floor and reach to close the window spotting a puddle of foam on the ground outside.

Yep he opened the window and made a whizz outside, not a very happy mommy, if any neighbours saw that what would they be thinking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Checking in on my feverish and chickenpox ridden 6 year old last night I went into the room and a very sleepy voice said
    "I thought I heard music"
    Me: "yes, Daddy's playing music downstairs".
    Then, WIDE awake and very matter of fact..,.
    "I also heard a HUGE bunch of fleas coming"
    :confused:
    Me: " What does a bunch of fleas sound like".
    "It's hard to explain"
    Me: "I've never heard a bunch of fleas before".
    "that's because a bunch of fleas coming to attack you doesn't really exist"
    Me: "how did you hear them then"
    "Oh I was just hearing things"

:D:D I love the silliness. He then proceeded to laugh his silly little head off as I slathered him in lotion. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

According to my four year old its the Dark Side of the Force that making him do naughty things lately. :eek:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

My son has developed a pathological hatred of Australians going back to some off-the-cuff remark I made 6 months ago about really bold people being sent to prison or worse, Australia. He told me this mental story about building a big house in the forest and having an army of swans who would fly about and spit fire down on the Aussies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Kalimah

My seven year old was watching TV last night and some ad came on featuring a very attractive woman with short hair whereupon my daughter says "God ,woman-get some hair!
    I should point out she's a complete tomboy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Was reminded of this one. A couple of months ago I was getting dressed after a shower when my little lad of four walked in. He looks at me for a minute and then said,
    "Mammy, you're very beautiful"
    "Awwh, thanks love"
    "Yeah, but you're more beautifuler with your clothes on" he replies.
    Unvarnished honesty, theres nothing like it. :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

my 5yr old asked me last night if he could say a prayer to my belly, okaaay I said, and he proceeded to pray for a baby in my belly for tomorrow please. tried to explain that they don't quite happen that quickly whilst trying not to laugh - if only things were that simple:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Jenos

my 2 yr old son sang "twinkle twinkle little star from start to finish"..... brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭keith gallagher

My 4 year old daughter in the Credit Union today with her book and €45. The way she said "I'd like to put €45 in my account please". She said it so low I don't know how the clerk heard her.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

He learnt my Mam's dog's name and how to say uh-oh. Only his fifth and sixth words. No sign of Mama yet though!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Cillian has mastered a new way of mumbling and cooing, it's a slightly deeper version of yesterday's chirp :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Addison is doing "ballet" moves in the sitting room :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Das Kitty wrote: »
    He learnt my Mam's dog's name and how to say uh-oh. Only his fifth and sixth words. No sign of Mama yet though!

were the same no mama just babababa constantly and then her first proper word which is spoken in a big dublin accent Howya or Eya which she roars.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Jenos wrote: »
    my 2 yr old son sang "twinkle twinkle little star from start to finish"..... brilliant

I love this one. Our 2 year old is the same - as well as "Bob the Builder" - or "BBBoooo Giii Gaaa, Ca We Gix Ih" :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

My 2 year old never stops talking.

Last night we were out walking the dog and she had his lead,people were walking towards us on the footpath and she said "oh sorry" because they had to walk around her.

Today when we got home from play school "Mammy you have done enough driving for today"

To a mammy in front of the school "I saw a baby monkey like my Caoimhe and then another baby monkey like my Caoimhe too" Caoimhe being her baby sister.
    My favourite is still - "Daddy Daddy there was a man in my house today" *sigh* It was next doors gardener.

bubbaloo wrote: »
    I love this one. Our 2 year old is the same - as well as "Bob the Builder" - or "BBBoooo Giii Gaaa, Ca We Gix Ih" :D

My 2 year old decided that the walk to nana's house today was going to be a dora adventure today and for the whole walk there sang "come on vamnos (can't do vaminos!), everybody go, lets get to it, we can do it, we going rainbow!"

Nut job...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

junior woke himself up this morning while he was laughing in his sleep. :D

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

My 5yr old made a statement to me today: Based on an aunt that died young and the explanation of where she went after 'death' that folks gave her about her being up in the 'sky'.

Daughter: 'Dad... I think that when you die, the place that you go to is scary'.

Dad: 'Why do you say that?'

Daughter: 'Because all people that die are up in the sky'

Dad: 'Ok, so why is that so scary?'

Daughter: 'Because all of the dinosaurs are up there as well'.

Merged with "made you smile" thread and thread renamed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

While walking past the kiddies playground in Marlay that she used to frequent 2-3 years ago; "Dad, that slide has got much smaller."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

bulmersgal wrote: »
    were the same no mama just babababa constantly and then her first proper word which is spoken in a big dublin accent Howya or Eya which she roars.

Yay I got my Mama its so lovely hearing her say that. And not hearing dada all the time!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

out for a drive with my 5 (almost 6:D)year old boy, and he started looking around and then he asked me if we had passed the dog factory, I look round a bit bemused and asked him what he meant.. he replied with.. the place where they polish the dogs. when I finally stopped laughing I told him he meant the grooming parlour (where he went with his daddy when they took our dog to get groomed last year!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Not my child but...

Family dinner with my 5yr old and 5yr old niece, all of us sitting about enjoying a lovely dinner, scoffing away. The kids at the table have adult cutlery (knife and fork). My 5yr old niece notices that she is the only one without a knife.

Niece: *throws hands up in a huff.
    Me: 'What's wrong'
    Niece: 'I have no life!'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

We were talking about different types of triangles (as you do :o) . The word isosceles was proving difficult so they decided to call them ice lollies triangles :D
    How come triangles never made me smile when I was at school :confused::D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

My 3 month old - I woke up at 8.15 this morning to see two big eyes looking up at me. As soon as I woke he started chatting away in his newly acquired baby babble for about 10 minutes. Simultaneously made me laugh and melted my heart.

He's just started chuckling and laughing; he did it for us this evening and had us in hysterics.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Two and a half and started on the next sentence of his story book when I stopped to take a sip of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Very simple.

teenage daughter texted " love you"

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,936 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

...was there another text 5 minutes later asking for money? :D

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

"I'm a quarter past three and a half mommy".

Advertisement