Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The 2 year old got out of bed and ran in to my room in a panic and said "mammy mammy Caoimhe was crying so I just came in to check that she was ok" normally she has no interest in her baby sister. So I smiled:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Spoon Fed

Conversation with my 6 year old this morning:

Dad: Why is Mom shouting upstairs?
    Son: She is having a tantrum

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭f9710145

As it's Friday I told our boys (5.5 and 3.5) that they could have burgers and chips for dinner. 5yo jumped for joy. 3 yo asked if he could have the leftovers of last night's pork stroganoff and rice instead - Proud Mammy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭2SWEET

My 19 months old put his little winnie the pooh backpack on his shoulder and headed for the door, when i asked where he was going he "going to school bye!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Tried to help out in the garden yesterday by pouring a large jar of coffee into a potted plant and coming in looking for praise for doing the garden.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 inga3100

i'm currently doing a night course and trying to juggle a 4year old and writing a thesis at the same time, getting very stressed as you can all imagine and couldnt help but smile when my little fella yesterday when i asked him to help me with the shopping sighed loudly while carrying his school bag and told me "but i only have two hands".... definitely gets it from his grandfather.

Mod Warning*
    *please do not post surveys here without permission from the moderators*

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

2SWEET wrote: »
    My 19 months old put his little winnie the pooh backpack on his shoulder and headed for the door, when i asked where he was going he "going to school bye!:)

Amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

I dont have any kids (yet...trying to conceive for a year..fingers crossed ;)) but this is the nicest loveliest heart warming thread ever!! Your stories have made me smile and laugh for the last half hour solid!!! Thanks for sharing people! Keep them coming!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,938 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Bedtime this evening (3yo daughter)
    "I have a big hug and a squeeze for daddy..." {hug} {squeeze} "... but no kiss"

The affection is being rationed already :(

Life ain't always empty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

To his grandmother. "The Queen is just in your imagination."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭magztar

My 8month old daughter kissing her image in the mirror..So cute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭texasgal

Bye, Mom, I love you. Have a good day.
    (14 year old on her way out the door to school)

Yep, she's 14 and still loves me .. *grin*

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

my six year old this morning, straight out of bed, obviously the brain hadn't woken up yet, sat at the breakfast table clutching his leg, telling me his horse hurts - go figure....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Spoon Fed

Wouldn't put juice into my two year old's beaker the other morning.
    She shouted, 'duce dada' and after I said no again she said 'dada, stupid boy'. (from listening to her older siblings I hope!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

My 4 year old - "Do you know what I'm going to be when I grow up"
    Me - "No, what?
    My 4 year old - "A tooth fairy!"

I'm really going to have to have a word with the career guidance councilor in the crèche.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Generally speaking, my little man (2 since last month) is stuck to his daddy's leg at every available moment. When Daddy goes to work in the morning I normally give the little man some raisins and let him watch Thomas while I have my shower. This morning, we all got up and I said "daddy has to go to work now". Knowing that this meant raisins and telly he opened the front door and said "bye bye daddy, seeee ya!!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭cranks

Question from 3 year old daughter: 'Daddy, what are chins for?'

Damned if I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

cranks wrote: »
    Question from 3 year old daughter: 'Daddy, what are chins for?'

Damned if I know!

Something to rest your head on your hand whilst reading internet forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Cillian, (5);
    'Mammy, don't some boys have boobies.'
    'Err...do they?
    'Yeah. But not me.'
    'No..?'
    'No. I only have nibbles.'
    :eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

"No, don't do that, Dad - you'll be jealousing Mammy".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Julybreeze

Just got a phone call from my 15 month old nephew you should have heard the big squeal he let out when he heard me on the other end, his mammy looked over and saw him frantically waving at the phone and realised he had make his first phone call!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

My biggest babe made me very proud this morning. Ok so its not a smiling issue, she suffers terribly with her teeth and the last few baby teeth that were getting loose have been causing abcess and had to be removed rather than wait for them to fall and she has always been very good. Today they had to remove a back one. She sat there as good as gold while it took the poor dentist about 10 minutes to pull the tooth out with the biggest roots I have ever seen in my life.

Thankfully the dentist looked at the little ones teeth to make sure she wasnt suffering like her big sister and her teeth are absolutely perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

When my lad was 4 (he's 9 now) he was in the bathroom while I was having a shower.....
    He looked at me and said 'Mam, did it hurt when you got your willy chopped off?'.......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

This is one of the funniest stories I've ever heard, it was my friends child who said this last year....

The childs gran died.... He can be quite a dramatic and boisterous kid, so his mam decided not to tell him until the morning of the funeral....so on their way over to the grans house, she told him that his gran had died. He was distraught and howled and wailed, despite the fact that he didn't know this gran very well because there had been an estrangement with her...(she was his paternal gran).

So he got out of the car at the grans house, devastated with tears and drama...there were neighbours and relatives gathered in the garden, all waiting for the hearse to arrive and take the gran from her home to the church...

He roared amidst his tears...'Oooooo, it's only THIS Gran????? I thought it was me nicer Gran......!!!!'. Needless to say, my friend wanted the ground to open up and swallow her.....

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Cottontail

My son (16 months) gave me his first proper kiss yesterday, it was lovely!

also when we put him to bed at night, he blows kisses to us from his cot as we are leaving the room!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,938 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I was getting dressed the other morning when I heard this little exchange downstairs:

Mrs N: Daddy's going to work soon.
    3yo daughter: Are you going to work, mammy? (She's on maternity leave since Dec.)
    Mrs N: No, my work is here! Working in the house!
    3yo: Working in the house mammy?
    Mrs N: Yeah.
    3yo: Mmm. {pause} Not proper work!

:eek:

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

I was having a sad moment this morning thinking about my dad, who died last month, and 2yr old asked me why I was sad and I told her so she gave my a hug and said 'it's ok i'm here and so is 'big brother' and we love you'. 2yrs 6mths of pure brilliance.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

We got married almost six years ago when our daughter was 3. We watched the DVD last weekend me, oh, our daughter and our four yr old son. The next day our son said to me "mummy I wish I was at your wedding so I could have told you you look lovely". Little sweetheart, melts my heart on a daily basis, breaks it on a daily basis too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

My almost 6th month old bit me today at dinner time and i felt something strange.... her first tooth!!!! :D So proud :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

^^^^proud mammy alert!! So cute

Advertisement