Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Irish_Elect_Eng

Out of the blue, 8 Year old asked me if we were Jewish in Eason's on Friday:confused:
    He would not say why he needed to know? But I am sure that his teacher preparing him for his communion would not have been overly impressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Toliet-training our son at the moment so I'm getting an indiividual bulletin on every successful trip to the potty in work so I'm taking frequent calls from my wife so my son can have whispered chats with me about potties in a quiet corner of the office. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

My lovely just gone 2 year old came running out of playschool today,I bent down to give her a hug and she bull dozed straight in to me and knocked me over.
    A nice man helped me back up and I couldn't stop laughing:)
    Heavily pregnant with a 2 year old that lvoes her mammy is fun sometimes:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Doogieboogie

I have no children, but my 6yo niece came running up to me yesterday and gave me a big hug. She stood back and examined my post-christmas belly (not exactly flat at the best of times!) and said ''I think you have a baby in your belly'' (She's obsessed with babies in bellies since her mum had her little brother) I laughed and said, no, I don't have a baby in there. She poked my tummy with her finger and said ''oh yeah, it's too squashy to have a baby in it'' ! Good job I'm not sensitive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

He took a bottle of French infant nasal spray which sprays up and out a mist of salt saline solution and ran his matchbox cars through the car wash. Only time IVe ever seen him clean anything. There is hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

my 22 mts old switched off my laptop, after telling him not to touch it. When I asked him what he did he said nothing- asked him again and he said nothing.- nothing again. Then he just said sorry and gave me a hug. I was shocked, I had no idea he could lie, and then apologise for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭XxXciaraxXx

She laughed! For the very first time she proper laughed today! A little girly laugh! She's only 14 weeks so I dunno if she should have done it sooner, but I was so happy! I started crying after she stopped laughing!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭deisemum

My older lad and his 2 classmates got a Highly Commended Award at the BT Young Scientist Exhibition. This proud mammy is beaming.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

my 4 yr old was cracking up and looking at his 2yr old sister like she was the cutest thing in the world when she was being cute and hiding from monsters today. it was so sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Whilst out for a walk with my 16 month old boy today he saw a cow and said ''MOO'' all by himself without any prompting.
    Amazing how such a small thing can mean so much

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Just had to find this thread.
    my 5yo son was going through up coming birthdays.

He skipped out mine :eek:

This was questioned and his answer.....

You are as old as men get, so you won't be having any more birthdays :(

Nice to know I'll be 42 forever though :D

Oh and he laughed in his sleep last night....not just laughed but roared laughing...for about a minute :eek:

On the one hand, I wanted to shut him up, so I could sleep, but it was so glorious as well :)

He didn't remember his dream...would loved to know what set him off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

My cousin dropped by my grans house while I was there earlier. He brought his (almost) 6 year old son Dillon with him. As everyone was getting ready to leave, Dillon just walked up to my gran without any prompting and gave her a hug. Then whilst walking away he said "I love you" in the same way you might say "cya later!". He's such a quiet boy, but comes out with these cracker comments quite often. His 7 year old sister on the other hand thought it would be nice to give my gran some daffodils....that she had just ripped up from the back garden!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I rang my husband in work and said your (8wk old) son has something to say to you and he gooed and gaaed down the phone to him. The two of us were in hysterics laughing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭ktod

My 2 year old son this morning in his room:

Dad - why are you opening the drawer?
    Son - my ears are like spuddies

He wanted to get a cotton bud to clean his ears - when I'm cleaning them I often say, 'how dirty are these ears? you could grow spuds in them'

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

rang my 8year old, she had her little mobile while out with her nana.
    this is how the conversation went...

me: 'Where are you?'
    her: 'im in the cafe with nana'
    me: 'but its very quiet?'
    her:'oh im in the toilet, mam im gona have to go, im stuck in the toilet. thank god i have this phone! right im hanging up so i can ring nana, byyyyee'
    me: 'what?? wai..'

beeeeep

i was in shock, she sounded like a little granny saying all that, no panicking whatsoever!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

She starting walking into the unknown yesterday and is so good at it today. Before she would only walk from object to object now she's walking everywhere.

Very strange turning around and she's standing beside me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

Our 4 year old daughter was asking about the Earthquake and the Salami in Japan which she saw on the news.

Not to be making of joke of what happened over there but it was quite funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Chatting to Twin A about getting involved in groups like football/scouts etc and mentioned making new friends. Response: "But Daddy - I don't need more friends - I'll always have 'Twin B'"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

Went for her check up with the public health nurse this morning and have been smiling non-stop since,

the public health nurse herself said as we were leaving she rarely see's a toddler at 20 months like my daughter, she was able to do all the tests without a bother on her while chatting away with the health nurse, she was so perfect the health nurse told me she is very advanced for her age.

she also told me you can see she is very intelligent and she felt way above her age group in that category too :)

with her weight and height she's above average in both but her height is perfect for her weight...:D

i'm so sorry for all the bragging :o i'm just sooooo proud of her!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

I have 2 very live wires- two boys, one just turned 2 and another 4. My mother in laws funeral was today and I brought them to the church, I was armed with a bag of goodies and friends behind me to help out when they starting kicking off. But the 2 yrd sat on his grand dad's lap and cuddled him for the whole mass and the 4 yr old sat beside him and kept putting his arm around his grand dad. I have never seem them to well behaved and so quiet, my heart was bursting with pride, and I know it was a small consolation for a father in law to have them beside him today. I know their granny would have been so impressed today with her little grandchildren.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

One of my twins (aged 4) threw up in the car on the way to Tesco... she wiped here face said "Daddy I have been a little bit sick".... then she asked mommy for a banana.. ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Scored two goals despite being the youngest and smallest at his footie club! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭deisemum

My 13 year old son's hurling club represented Waterford at an Aer Lingus sponsored tournament in Dublin yesterday and the 2 top teams got to play the final in Parnell Park before the Dublin v Galway match today and they won.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

my older 2 make me smile all the time but my 5 wk old smiled at me for the first time yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

My husband took our four year old into town early on Saturday morning. While in town they met an elderly lady who is a friend of the family and she asked how I was keeping. Our four year old replies;

"My mom is a great cooker and she is so pretty when she has her makeup on". My husband and the old lady almost fell around laughing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

Scored two goals despite being the youngest and smallest at his footie club! :D

Are you Wayne Rooney's mam? ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Came home today to see my 5yr old cycle a bike on her own :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

Having a coffee while waiting for a flight with my 4 year old. The guy beside us was using an iPad. She says "Dad, look at the size of his phone!" lol

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

My daughter said her first English word. "Shoes"

I ain't sayin' nuttin'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

My 5 yo scholar....looking out the window

"I see a thousand......no I see a trillion"

Parent "what are you counting"
    son "grass......actually I think there is infinity amount of grass" :D

and just now, he asked "what's 70 times 20"
    he got 2 different answers from 2 sources, 14 hundred and one thousand 400, to which he replied, "don't be ridiculous, 14 hundred is not an answer"...
    ok this latter one doesn't read funny...but it was funny here and that's what counts! :)

Advertisement