Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No TUF 10 in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,159 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Setanta Ireland isn't free to Sky Digital customers.
    Ed_ wrote: »
    Why wouldn't we have to pay? Setanta Ireland is a subscription channel on satellite.
    It is not free on Sky Digital. It costs €16/month. I don't think it has been mentioned at all before so I better say it now.

When did this come in?
    Setanta Ireland was free for me when I had Sky.

You should be able to get it on terrestrial anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Lord Muck

Dunno how Setanta Ireland managed to get this, its a piss poor channel.There is nothing worth watching on it, untill now of course. I;m one of the lucky one's that has setanta ireland included in the standard upc pack.I thought i would have been covered for all UFC programming when i got in ESPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,247 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I don't think it's that expensive. I think they said that when the collapse happened and they lost their Premiership coverage, they reduced their price to about €10 in an attempt to stop people from un-subscribing.

The point is, ESPN claimed when they got the contract that they wouold show ALL UFC programming. They have broken that promise. Now in the past few days the UFC announced that TUF 10 would be available FREE to all Irish customers on Setanta Ireland. They clearly did not realise that Setanta Ireland is only free to some customers, not all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Ed_

Mellor wrote: »
    When did this come in?
    Setanta Ireland was free for me when I had Sky.

You should be able to get it on terrestrial anyway

Setanta Ireland was never free on Sky. It is not available on terrestrial either.
    DrPhilG wrote: »
    The point is, ESPN claimed when they got the contract that they wouold show ALL UFC programming. They have broken that promise. Now in the past few days the UFC announced that TUF 10 would be available FREE to all Irish customers on Setanta Ireland. They clearly did not realise that Setanta Ireland is only free to some customers, not all.

Have ESPN announced that they definately will not be showing The Ultimate Fighter?

Have ESPN announced that they definately will not be showing The Ultimate Fighter?

They haven't announced anything, which is very annoying. It's not listed on their schedules though as far as I know.

• Advertisement

That's a shame. It will be downloads for me in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭MichaelDevlin

Im living in Co Monaghan I bought a new HD ready tv about two months ago. I didnt know when i bought it but it has a built in sat box. It tuned in all the free digital chanels including five and five usa Id say you might be able to do the same thing with other satilite boxes because the channel is not encripted

Five USA is encrypted for me. Five on its own however is not.

Upon reflection I'd say you are getting Freeview from Northern Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭littleman

I just checked my sky and went to friday nite at midnight on espn and they have tuf down to be shown and its a series linked aswell but it doesnt say weather its tuf 10 or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,921 ✭✭✭cletus

littleman wrote: »
    I just checked my sky and went to friday nite at midnight on espn and they have tuf down to be shown and its a series linked aswell but it doesnt say weather its tuf 10 or not.

espn are in the middle of showing TUF 9, so its probably that. Setanta Ireland have TUF the Heavyweights listed, so at the moment it looks like Setanta Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭MichaelDevlin

Five USA is encrypted for me. Five on its own however is not.

Upon reflection I'd say you are getting Freeview from Northern Ireland.

Upon my own reflection it might have something to do with that alright I bought the tv in Derry it was cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

You should really change the title of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭stevemc01

creggy wrote: »
    You should really change the title of this thread.

To what? I think its explains the original problem quite well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

stevemc01 wrote: »
    To what? I think its explains the original problem quite well.

"No TUF 10 in Ireland to people who are not subscribed to NTL or Chorus digital and who are not subscribed to Setanta on Sky Digital"

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭stevemc01

Fozzy wrote: »
    "No TUF 10 in Ireland to people who are not subscribed to NTL or Chorus digital and who are not subscribed to Setanta on Sky Digital"

So are we gonna change the name of every thread once the question asked has been answered?

The one answer we are looking for is whether ESPN will be showing TUF10 a few days later than Setanta Ireland, similar to the way Setanta showed in a few days after Virgin for TUF 9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

ESPN are showing TUF season 10 according to UFC UK Friday nights at 10pm I think.
    I'll just download them without 20mins of ads

UFC Fight Night is on Friday at 10 followed by TUF. No mention of which series it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Lord Muck

UFC Fight Night is on Friday at 10 followed by TUF. No mention of which series it is.

They've been showing TUF Season 9 at that time , its only half way through the series. They could just ditch it if they have the rights to TUF10, i thought TUF 9 was a crap season anyway

Well just to confirm what we've already figured out... This is the message I got back from the UFC Fight Club administrators.
    Here is the response from our UK President:
    Each territory is different and creates different challenges. For TUF in Ireland-Setanta has been a great partner and offers the most fans the ability to see the programming for free. In some cases, as you point out, the channel is not free; however the majority of fans in Ireland will be able to see TUF as we intend.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I would have thought that Sky Digital had a lot more subscribers than NTL/Chorus/UPC? So is it the majority or the minority who are being shafted?

And is that post from a few pages up correct, about TUF 10 being on Friday nights? Or is that still TUF 9?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 pharmergriffin

http://uk.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=event.Calendar

Check out the above link. Should answer a few questions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

http://uk.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=event.Calendar

Check out the above link. Should answer a few questions.

That says TUF9 tonight on ESPN. Ad free and 720p for me it is then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

So is it being shown on tv or must we watch it online?

Gerard.C wrote: »
    So is it being shown on tv or must we watch it online?

It is being shown on Setanta Sports and five USA by the looks of it. ESPN are showing season 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,563 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

ESPN have really dropped the ball. How they let the rights to show the new UF go to another company or not be included in their original deal is beyond me.

ESPN have really dropped the ball. How they let the rights to show the new UF go to another company or not be included in their original deal is beyond me.

As much of a loss that not having TUF is I am very happy with the ESPN coverage of the live events. The HD is great.

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    As much of a loss that not having TUF is I am very happy with the ESPN coverage of the live events. The HD is great.

I do agree with you on that. Their coverage is a lot better than Setanta and miles better than Bravo. Just seems very strange that they missed such an integral part of the UFC when they brokered the deal.

So where can I watch this then if i dont have setanta?

Gerard.C wrote: »
    So where can I watch this then if i dont have setanta?

If you don't have access to Five, then you'll have to watch them or download them on/off the net.

Or wait til late 2010 when I assume ESPN will show it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,449 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

If you don't have access to Five, then you'll have to watch them or download them on/off the net.

Or wait til late 2010 when I assume ESPN will show it.

what is the code to get it on "other channels" and what time of what day is it on?

• Advertisement

anyone fancy pm'ing me a place to watch this? many thanks

Advertisement