Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No TUF 10 in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 houseystuff

It seems Setanta Ireland are going to be showing it, if you go by their listings..

On their website on Sunday 20th at 23.00 The Ultimate Fighter is listed, with the tag line Heavyweights.

It is repeated Tuesday 21st at 21.00..

• Registered Users Posts: 39,168 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Devastator wrote: »
    I think its on in the states directly after the ultimate fight night(which is next Wednesday night?), I think UK starts the following night.

Thanks, i'll check listings here. It probably a 12 or 36 hours behind in order to be primetime.

Edit: found it, fight night is on live on thurs morning, the bad part is live means 10am and i'll be in work,

TUF 10 starts the following sunday, 20th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Ed_

Live at 10am? Where do you live?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,168 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Australia

• Registered Users Posts: 12,249 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Any more news on this? I take it from what has been posted that it is definitely on Setanta but is it definitely NOT on ESPN? I had hoped that the 5-USA deal would be the same deal as Virgin last year, i.e. it would show on ESPN and 5-USA at different times.

This is a joke if we have to keep subscribing to Setanta aswell as ESPN.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Its on sunday nights at eleven, NTL customers are sorted dont know about SKY.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭bret69

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Any more news on this? I take it from what has been posted that it is definitely on Setanta but is it definitely NOT on ESPN? I had hoped that the 5-USA deal would be the same deal as Virgin last year, i.e. it would show on ESPN and 5-USA at different times.

This is a joke if we have to keep subscribing to Setanta aswell as ESPN.

It's on Setanta Ireland, so you don't have to pay. It's Setanta 1 etc that you have to pay for

bret69 wrote: »
    It's on Setanta Ireland, so you don't have to pay. It's Setanta 1 etc that you have to pay for

Setanta Ireland isn't free to Sky Digital customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 pharmergriffin

http://www.setanta.com/ie/TV-Listings/

looks like it's on Setanta Ireland on Sunday 20/09/09 at 23:00.

Setanta Ireland isn't free to Sky Digital customers.

Five is available free on satellite.

• Advertisement

Ed_ wrote: »
    Five is available free on satellite.

Where?

I am an Irish Sky Digital customer. Five and Five-USA are NOT on my channel listing anywhere unless I'm going barking mad. Setanta Ireland is not free.

The only way I can get Five is to tune it in as an extra channel. If I do that, 1-it is hit and miss whether it will be a decent picture and 2-I can't sky plus it which means if I'm working Sunday night I'm gonna have to go buy a DVD recorder. I don't even know if Five-USA can be tuned in.

The only way I can get Setanta Ireland is by coughing up another €10 a month for 4 hours of viewing per month as I never watch anything else on Setanta Ireland.

The only way I can get Five is to tune it in as an extra channel. If I do that, 1-it is hit and miss whether it will be a decent picture and 2-I can't sky plus it which means if I'm working Sunday night I'm gonna have to go buy a DVD recorder. I don't even know if Five-USA can be tuned in.

It's better than not having it at all.

It's better than not having it at all.

Still a kick in the nads for the Irish fans who the UFC rattle on about being so great. Thanks for the atmosphere at 93, best pound for pound crowd ever, now pay an extra €10 for TUF 10?!?

Has it been announced that it will not be shown on ESPN?

Has it been announced that it will not be shown on ESPN?

I don't think it has. But it would make no sense for ESPN to sign a deal for all UFC programming and then lose a very important part of that programming to Five. I assumed that the Five deal would be the same format as Virgin's TUF coverage last year but the announcment has not confirmed or contradicted that.

This is very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

Five is available free on satellite. . . . . . It's better than not having it at all.

which is of no use as its not on five - ITS ON FIVE USA - thats not the same channel which has been pointed out several times already in this thread - so basically, unless espn are going to show it - which they have not got it listed (they have season 9 listed) we dont have it all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Perfect fit

Dana says there on it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mmaniac

It will be shown onSetanta Ireland. http://uk.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=22359

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

mmaniac wrote: »
    It will be shown onSetanta Ireland. http://uk.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=22359

That still screws the people on Sky who aren't subscribed to Setanta. Thankfully I'm not one of them :)

If ESPN do not show this then I will watch it the very same way I have always watched it.

YARRRRR!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭stevemc01

This is a complete and utter cock up, absolutely ridiculous if ESPN dont show TUF 10.

I have been in touch with UFC employees through the Fight Club, and this is their response...

http://uk.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=22359

So in other words, we're no further ahead. It's on Setanta Ireland, still no word on whether we have to pay or not.

So in other words, we're no further ahead. It's on Setanta Ireland, still no word on whether we have to pay or not.

Why wouldn't we have to pay? Setanta Ireland is a subscription channel on satellite.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,595 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

That's a disaster. The one UK channel that's incredibly difficult to get. I just don't think Setanta have a package worth subscribing to.

ESPN really dropped the ball in losing that part of the UFC.

ESPN really dropped the ball in losing that part of the UFC.

Has it been announced that they have? It is all speculation from what I can see.

Why wouldn't we have to pay? Setanta Ireland is a subscription channel on satellite.

I wasn't sure at that stage if it was subscription or not to Sky customers. The responses I've had from UFC administrators in the Fight Club seem to suggest that they didn't realise this though. Awaiting further responses, will update on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 7,927 ✭✭✭cletus

setanta ireland is the free channel of the setanta package, you should have it if you have chorus or sky

cletus wrote: »
    setanta ireland is the free channel of the setanta package, you should have it if you have chorus or sky

It is not free on Sky Digital. It costs €16/month. I don't think it has been mentioned at all before so I better say it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,927 ✭✭✭cletus

It is not free on Sky Digital. It costs €16/month. I don't think it has been mentioned at all before so I better say it now.

i stand corrected, but its definitely on chorus

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Anonomyte

Jesus ESPN have a crowd of fianna fails working at their lawyer offices, they definatly got screwed. TUF would have as much viewing as any UFC main event.

Advertisement