Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No TUF 10 in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

Can you not get it on Sky Tv or Virgin Media?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Setanta Ireland might sign a seperate deal but it looks like it is the internet or nothing for us lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Maynard

If that's true Rovert, and we can't get TUF through ESPN or Setanta it's a load of me ****ing bollix:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Locomotion

Maynard wrote: »
    If that's true Rovert, and we can't get TUF through ESPN or Setanta it's a load of me ****ing bollix:mad:

Yea, €15 a month for ESPN and we're not getting TUF. Abolsute BS!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭bret69

Are we sure it won't be on ESPN also?

TUF 9 was on Virgin AND Setanta Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

you can tune in 5 on sat. Go to sat forum for details (but not 5 USA soz)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 MB81

it says tuf 10 is on 5 usa cant get that on sky

efb wrote: »
    you can tune in 5 on sat. Go to sat forum for details (but not 5 USA soz)

I can tune it in on my Skybox but it isnt on the EPG so I cant record on to my Skybox which is annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Ed_

rovert wrote: »
    I can tune it in on my Skybox but it isnt on the EPG so I cant record on to my Skybox which is annoying.

five USA is encrypted. It is completely seperate to five which is available through Other Channels.

I will download TUF if I cannot see it on television but I am almost sure that I have seen it mentioned somewhere that ESPN will be showing it also.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

Is five usa only encripted on sky in the republic of ireland? I live in Antrim and have sky but i can get it. Why is this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Turbo_diesel

This is a fookin joke if its only on five USA & not ESPN. Only got ESPN to watch the UFC & paying 15sheets a month for privilege & now you dont even get the TUF series! Somebody twitter Dana there..

• Registered Users Posts: 41 maharg92

TXT SPEAK IS ANNOYING - mod edit

maharg92 wrote: »
    yid tink sum

Doesnt he fight in DREAM?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 maharg92

rovert wrote: »
    Doesnt he fight in DREAM?

TXT SPEAK IS ANNOYING - mod edit

Is five usa only encripted on sky in the republic of ireland? I live in Antrim and have sky but i can get it. Why is this?

five USA is a UK only channel. You are in the UK so you receive it.
    maharg92 wrote: »
    thats ridiculous yid tink sum skybok channel wud get danas always saying es tryin ti make ufc the biggest sport worldwide and if yi can only watch TUF which im personally not de biggest fan of but it made de ufc wat it is 2day nd ti not b able ti watch it in a place wer de ufc has been b4 is stupid.

I do not speak your language.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,563 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

It's very frustrating. I'll have to find other ways to watch it online. I've watched most series of it from the start, and loved being able to sky plus it recently and keep upto date. I was sure ESPN or Bravo or Virgin would pick it up.

Dana, around the time of the Setanta collapse, seemed to be aware of the Irish fans not being in the UK, updating his twitter to reflect PPV broadcasts in the UK and Ireland seperately, so hopefully the UFC are working away to sort something out, but it would probably be on Setanta Ireland if they did find some sort of deal and I ain't paying €16 a month for that.

Damn.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

I never really watched it on TV anyway.
    Right back from the original TUF, I'm used to downloading it.
    Even during the Setanta days, I'd find it hard to wait the day later that they would show it, and just download it in HD and stream it to my tv.

Same as I used to with the events.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,159 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

When is this starting in the US, i'm not in ireland so i'll get in on a diff channel, but I can't find out the start date over here (australia)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Lord Muck

Thats crap news for me,I can't get FIVE USA, i'm stretched enough as it is paying for ESPN, so couldn't afford another subscription even if was available.Shame, this looked like it was gonna be a brilliant series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 stubell

From ESPN.uk website.

"Watch live and exclusive UFC action from around the World featuring the most anticipated dates in any fight fans' diary – the UFC Events. Plus watch a whole host of programming including UFC Countdown, UFC Fight Nights, The Ultimate Fighter Series, UFC All Access and UFC Unleashed."

Aren't they currently showing the last series?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Leavers

ESPN are showing TUF 10.

It kicks off at 10pm on 18 September:

http://uk-tv-guide.com/list/ESPN/18+September+2009/

stubell wrote: »
    From ESPN.uk website.

"Watch live and exclusive UFC action from around the World featuring the most anticipated dates in any fight fans' diary – the UFC Events. Plus watch a whole host of programming including UFC Countdown, UFC Fight Nights, The Ultimate Fighter Series, UFC All Access and UFC Unleashed."

I knew I saw it somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Lord Muck wrote: »
    Thats crap news for me,I can't get FIVE USA, i'm stretched enough as it is paying for ESPN, so couldn't afford another subscription even if was available.Shame, this looked like it was gonna be a brilliant series.

Not to worry. ESPN announced when they signed the contract to show UFC programming that TUF will be shown also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Locomotion

Thank god!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Maynard

Leavers wrote: »
    ESPN are showing TUF 10.

Thank fook!!

Damn you Rovert!!:pac:

Edit; Hmm looking at that link again..It's not series-specific and ESPN have been showing LOTS of TUF repeats since they got the UFC. The fact that this is on a Friday night from 10-11pm? I know Virgin had it on a weeknight last year...
    Somewhat confused still...

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Tyler MacDurden

Leavers wrote: »
    ESPN are showing TUF 10.

From ESPN.uk website.

Those are pretty generic listings, unless my eyesight fails me they're simply labelled as "The Ultimate Fighter". Could just be the above-mentioned series.
    I think until we see TUF 10 listed specifically it'll still be in doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Mellor wrote: »
    When is this starting in the US, i'm not in ireland so i'll get in on a diff channel, but I can't find out the start date over here (australia)

I think its on in the states directly after the ultimate fight night(which is next Wednesday night?), I think UK starts the following night.
    From ESPN.uk website.

Yeah, its previous series.

Why would there be an announcement that FIVE had gotten TV rights if ESPN already had the contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭smoochie06

Ill be seriously pi**ed off if this isnt on ESPN. I was sure when they announced that UFC was going to be on ESPN that they said TUF would be there too. Its a bit of a joke if it isnt aired over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,563 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I get the feeling that ESPN don't have the rights. As said by previous posters, they've been showing earlier seasons and that tv listing is very generic, you'd think that if they were premiering a new series, they'd promote it. There's no mention of it on the UFC website or ESPNs sky portal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭wandy

Think they will be showing TUF on ESPN. I seriously doubt they would buy the UFC rights and exclude TUF. Its probably a joint thing where FIVE will show it as well but maybe after its been aired on EPSN or vice versa

Advertisement