Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

male to male shows of affection.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

smythwicks wrote: »
    Actually alot of women I meet love the fact my mates are so cool with anything so Ill just keep this friendly and say enjoy yours and ill enjoy mine

Where do you meet these women, the George ??? :pac::p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

Kiera wrote: »
    They do. We've all grown up together so its not a big deal.

Is that weird?

Yes .... IMO

So if your meeting up with 10 friends you get 10 kisses on the lips?
    Firstly its unhygenic and secondly Im of the opinion that kissing on the lips is for couples so could not kiss any of my female friends on the lips ( im female)
    I find a hug does the job or a kiss on the cheek depending on the person.
    Each to their own I spose

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I normally greet the lads with a handshake and a hug, if we haven't seen each other in a few weeks then a very melo-dramatic hug :P.

A mate grabbed my arse last week, as a joke. I felt like Chandler from Friends where his Boss does that; I was amazingly uncomfortable.

There's no way I'd kiss another lad on the lips. If that's homophobic then I apologise, I just don't like the idea of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Yes .... IMO

So if your meeting up with 10 friends you get 10 kisses on the lips?
    Firstly its unhygenic and secondly Im of the opinion that kissing on the lips is for couples so could not kiss any of my female friends on the lips ( im female)
    I find a hug does the job or a kiss on the cheek depending on the person.
    Meh, each to their own :)

You defo dont want to meet my friend C******, she thinks its funny to french kiss you when she's drunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Would never do it, hugging is as far as I'd go with a male friend, and that would be if they're a fairly close friend (or I'm drunk).

As for female friends, I'd say giving or recieving a kiss on the cheek would be fine if we were fairly close (or adult female relatives, particularly older ones, in which case it's pretty much the norm AFAIK), but I wouldn't kiss one on the lips.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭smythwicks

whycliff wrote: »
    Where do you meet these women, the George ??? :pac::p

Naw the Shirley Temple:pac::P

God AH is a scarey place:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

You defo dont want to meet my friend C******, she thinks its funny to french kiss you when she's drunk.
    Explain to me why we don't want to meet her?

Dont know about anyone else but i wanna meet this lady!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

I had a friend like that too, decided to try take certain ''Liberties'' when she had a few, quick slap sorted her out :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

This reminds me of the time one of my friends tried to give everyone in the group hickeys!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭smythwicks

C****** FTW:pac:

Cliste wrote: »
    This reminds me of the time one of my friends tried to give everyone in the group hickeys!

I actually dont see any comparisons, you'll have to explain!

Pygmalion wrote: »
    Explain to me why we don't want to meet her?
    Dont know about anyone else but i wanna meet this lady!!!
    Sorry she only does this to me as she knows it freaks me out. She married so wouldnt do it to other men i'm afraid.
    I had a friend like that too, decided to try take certain ''Liberties'' when she had a few, quick slap sorted her out :P
    Nah she way to cute to smack. I tend to just run away from her when i see her licking her lips :)

Sorry she only does this to me as she knows it freaks me out. She married so wouldnt do it to other men i'm afraid.

You have just opened another can of worms here now,

Why, if she is amrried, is it in your opinion ok for her to kiss another female, but not another male on the lips???

You have just opened another can of worms here now,

Why, if she is amrried, is it in your opinion ok for her to kiss another female, but not another male on the lips???
    Oh she kisses everyone on the lips, not just females. I'm just the unlucky one who gets her tongue :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

It's not a matter of homophobia.

Kissing on the lips is generally an intimate thing, I don't kiss my female friends on the lips either.

So the question shouldn't be why not do it, but why would you do it? There are boundaries of what is acceptable for one person to do to another. Having boundaries doesn't equate to being homophobic.

Otherwise why stop there? Why not greet them with a french fricking kiss?

Kissing on the lips is generally an intimate thing, I don't kiss my female friends on the lips either.

So the question shouldn't be why not do it, but why would you do it? There are boundaries of what is acceptable for one person to do to another. Having boundaries doesn't equate to being homophobic.

Or by dropping the hand!!! i use to do that to every female i use to greet with a kiss !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

or a thumb up the bum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

Or by dropping the hand!!! i use to do that to every female i use to greet with a kiss !!!

aDeener wrote:
    or a thumb up the bum

Exactly guys, thanks.

Oh she kisses everyone on the lips, not just females. I'm just the unlucky one who gets her tongue :o

Well sure a kiss on the lips would do me then... or is it only wimmen she kisses.
    Maybe she has a secret to tell everyone??

• Advertisement

Well sure a kiss on the lips would do me then... or is it only wimmen she kisses.
    Maybe she has a secret to tell everyone??
    No means no, cliffy :P

No means no, cliffy :P

Ok, you'll do so!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭DoireNod

A female friend of mine at the weekend kissed another friend of her's, also female on the lips and gave her a hug as they hadn't seen each other in some time...

We later had a conversation about it, and she said if i was comfortable with my sexuality i should have no problem doing the same with a male friend of mine.

Thing is i am comfortable with my sexuality, and i would shake hands or hug another male where appropriate, but would draw the line at kissing.

Why i dont know.It just seems to me that male to male shows of affection like this is highly inappropriate to say the least.

Whats everyone else opinion on this?
    Heath Herring knows best:

Wimmins are just crazy. A straight dude shouldn't kiss another dude at all. Hug is as far as it goes for me I'm afraid, but hugs are usually few, unless everyone is drunk or we've been playing or watching soccer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

wudangclan wrote: »
    would you be happy with plutonic male friends kissing you on the lips as a greeting.?

I thought this was about European customary greetings.
    Why drag guys from Pluto into this. ;):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Terodil

I totally agree with SmileySurfer. Kisses on the lips belonging to other than your romantic love is weird. It's one of the things I'd absolutely reserve for my OH.

I never understood why parents would kiss their kids on their lips either. Or grandparents! Blech!

Edit: BTW, it's mostly France and the eastern European countries. Don't try smooching German friends or you'll end up with a black eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

In India it's common for guys to hold hands walking/crossing the street

Is "guys" a typo?

Advertisement