Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M17/M18 - Gort to Tuam [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭stevielenihan

Any Photos Of This Scheme?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Go to page 237 for pics

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Yes, but you'll have to go search the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭severeoversteer

most of the progress I have seen is at moyvilla on the old Dublin road crossing

its madness that there isn't a junction there at the green briar at moyvilla

its just an overpass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

most of the progress I have seen is at moyvilla on the old Dublin road crossing

its madness that there isn't a junction there at the green briar at moyvilla

its just an overpass

Traffic is so quiet on that road now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭severeoversteer

D Trent wrote: »
    Traffic is so quiet on that road now

drive it regularly

anything but quiet if you ask me

the land is there and all to make the sliproads there are no houses in the way or anything
    they have all the hard work done with the bridge etc and the 2 roads are fairly straight where they intersect

drive it regularly

anything but quiet if you ask me

the land is there and all to make the sliproads there are no houses in the way or anything
    they have all the hard work done with the bridge etc and the 2 roads are fairly straight where they intersect
    Take a few snaps if u can

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭darabbit

We have a serious rat problem since motorway works began. We have caught 9 in the past 4 weeks��. Is anyone else having this problem? I am terrified that they are going to come into the house. They seem to be gettin cheekier as one came right up to back door this eve with the two dogs inside the door!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

darabbit wrote: »
    We have a serious rat problem since motorway works began. We have caught 9 in the past 4 weeks��. Is anyone else having this problem? I am terrified that they are going to come into the house. They seem to be gettin cheekier as one came right up to back door this eve with the two dogs inside the door!!

Would you consider getting a cat for the yard? Construction work regularly displaces rodents, they are looking for a new territory. Plenty of cats available for re-homing all over the country.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Deedsie wrote: »
    Would you consider getting a cat for the yard? Construction work regularly displaces rodents, they are looking for a new territory. Plenty of cats available for re-homing all over the country.

True. Flooding an area with cats will tackle any rat problem!

I remember behind where I live there was major Terra-forming as they created a whole new residential complex on agricultural land; initially there was a plague of rats.

Then the cats got to work, every house had a few - you'd see dead rats deposited on your doorsteps as "gifts" by the cats every morning.

After a year the rats were decimated - and the cats went on to wiping out the local bird population !

• Advertisement

I have more pics around corofin and tuam 1 top soil salvage área 2 temporary bridge over grange River 3 Rock breaking in corofin 4 start of tuam bypass milltown side

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭mackerski

m17 wrote: »
    I have more pics around corofin and tuam 1 top soil salvage área 2 temporary bridge over grange River 3 Rock breaking in corofin 4 start of tuam bypass milltown side

Thanks for the pics. I'm not sure whether it's your camera settings or whether Boards is stripping off image EXIF data, but I can't see any GPS co-ordinates in the image I checked. These would be really useful, since it would allow us to improve the provisional alignment in OpenStreetMap.

Thanks for any co-ordinates folk on the thread can provide, whether in photo meta data or otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

Some bad pictures from Kiltiernan this evening

And

Finally

Rock blasting starting at annagh hill roscommon road 22/05/15

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭darabbit

Deedsie wrote: »

We have two big dogs that would not be two happy if a cat arrived on the scene!!

darabbit wrote: »
    We have two big dogs that would not be two happy if a cat arrived on the scene!!

They'll be less happy if they get Weils disease off the rats. Don't want to be overly dramatic about it but it is potentially a very serious problem. A smack on the nose to the dog if they are at the cat and the cats would be part of the clann in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭betistuc

I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that Weils disease can only be contracted by humans and not animals.

betistuc wrote: »
    I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that Weils disease can only be contracted by humans and not animals.

You are right I think. Just wanted to highlight the potential seriousness of it. If I had any issue with rats there would be cats all over the yard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

betistuc wrote: »

Just because they don't get sick it does not mean they can't carry the disease and pass it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Cosmo K

I pass the Kiltiernan site every day on my way to work. Finally got around to take a picture of machinery parked at the site last night. Long exposure, 30 sec

17811315619_b5124b9f3e_b.jpgVolvo-A-40D by cosmo_71, on Flickr

Hope its ok to post that here...?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Ascii

Great photo

Cosmo K wrote: »
    I pass the Kiltiernan site every day on my way to work. Finally got around to take a picture of machinery parked at the site last night. Long exposure, 30 sec

17811315619_b5124b9f3e_b.jpgVolvo-A-40D by cosmo_71, on Flickr

Hope its ok to post that here...?

I have taken more pics around tuam 1 ballygaddy road 2 West wing end of motorway 3 1 Mile outside tuam 4 3 miles outside tuam lot of bog in this area

Will they open that stretch from the milltown side to near the westwing bypassing Tuam ? At this rate that section would be completed by end of year ??

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭f2

Did anyone else see Tuam Gort Mototway on utube, nice ariel shots of Roadbridge Section

• Registered Users Posts: 18,421 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Will they open that stretch from the milltown side to near the westwing bypassing Tuam ? At this rate that section would be completed by end of year ??

Defo wont be completed by the end of the year but if they keep going as they are going I'd suggest it will be ready to open well ahead of the rest of the scheme.
    I'd suspect that the plan (although not public) is to get this finished and open as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Czhornet

f2 wrote: »
    Did anyone else see Tuam Gort Mototway on utube, nice ariel shots of Roadbridge Section

Any link to this?

• Advertisement

f2 wrote: »

Great views of tuam vidéo is only 3 mins long

Advertisement