Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M17/M18 - Gort to Tuam [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Pics at rathmorissy part 1

Pics at rathmorissy part 2

Here's what rathmorissy might look like when finished

Pics at annagh hill 02/01/16 pic1 the new n63 pic2 and pic3 the dumbbell roundabout pic4 the flyover

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Shurwhynot

Have heard that this project is going well so far and may be ahead of schedule. Are we likely to see it opened by late 2017 perhaps?

• Advertisement

Shurwhynot wrote: »
    Have heard that this project is going well so far and may be ahead of schedule. Are we likely to see it opened by late 2017 perhaps?

Based on other motorways in the last 10 years, there's a good chance it'll open a bit early (makes for good press) barring a major issue, though how much is anyone's guess

Pics around Corofin 03/01/16

m17 wrote: »
    Here's what rathmorissy might look like when finished

That is in salt lake city Utah usa

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭ratracer

I would think there will be a lot of head scratching by engineers along the route from gort to rathmorrisey in light of the current flooding disaster. Some of the finished level marker are well under water and the motorway route has contributed in part to some of the flooding. The water levels are unprecedented here at the moment.

ratracer wrote: »
    I would think there will be a lot of head scratching by engineers along the route from gort to rathmorrisey in light of the current flooding disaster. Some of the finished level marker are well under water and the motorway route has contributed in part to some of the flooding. The water levels are unprecedented here at the moment.

Here's the athenry to gort railway line which is not a million miles away

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Uh oh.

This is going set these project back months dam it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

This is going set these project back months dam it

Possibly lucky in one sense as it would be worse if the finished road was submerged in water.

Does anyone know whether the finished (planned) road level would have been below water?
    The (submerged) markers may just be for the foundation of the road.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

They will just have to trunk up the road a few metres higher, it is good in many regards that this has happened now during construction stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Does anyone know whether the finished (planned) road level would have been below water?
    The (submerged) markers may just be for the foundation of the road.

It showed it on the news just now and its well under water although it was impossible to see what stage the road was at, maybe M17 will know.

Jaysus the saw doctors will have to edit that song....:pac:

Stinicker wrote: »
    They will just have to trunk up the road a few metres higher, it is good in many regards that this has happened now during construction stage.
    Well they didn't raise the railway when they rebuilt it, so I wouldn't bet too much that they'll do it. I suspect that the submerged markers were just for the foundation base of the road and the finished surface will be at least 50cm higher, still cutting it fine!

Well they didn't raise the railway when they rebuilt it, so I wouldn't bet too much that they'll do it. I suspect that the submerged markers were just for the foundation base of the road and the finished surface will be at least 50cm higher, still cutting it fine!

You're right there

Pics 1 and 2 coldwood Pics 3 4 and 5 rathmorissy 06/01/16

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Geogregor

Are there any works done in Rathmorissy since the beams lift?

I can't see much changes at all.

• Advertisement

Geogregor wrote: »
    Are there any works done in Rathmorissy since the beams lift?

I can't see much changes at all.

They have started work on the slip roads and have also put up a sisk banner on one of the bridges

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭paul2013

Hi Folks,
    Anyone know this: What directional signage will be on the New Motorway, I know what Junction 17 will be N67/R458 Ardrahan, Ballyvaughan, Clarinbridge and Kilcolgan.
    I'm confused in what the Rathmorrissy Junction will say and what will the new M17 start off at what Junction Number? as I know the Annagh Hill junction will be Mountbellew, Athleague and Roscommon.

Also does anyone know if M17 will be continuing as Motorway past Tuam to Sligo Eventually or will it be just upgraded to Dual Carriageway?

paul2013 wrote: »
    Hi Folks,
    Anyone know this: What directional signage will be on the New Motorway, I know what Junction 17 will be N67/R458 Ardrahan, Ballyvaughan, Clarinbridge and Kilcolgan.
    I'm confused in what the Rathmorrissy Junction will say and what will the new M17 start off at what Junction Number? as I know the Annagh Hill junction will be Mountbellew, Athleague and Roscommon.

Also does anyone know if M17 will be continuing as Motorway past Tuam to Sligo Eventually or will it be just upgraded to Dual Carriageway?

Rathmorrissy will be junction 18 tuam to Sligo Will be dual carriageway

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭nowecant

paul2013 wrote: »

There is an old thread on Tuam to Collooney here, I believe it was meant to be Type 2 Dual Carriageway. I have no idea of the currant status

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055932635

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

nowecant wrote: »
    There is an old thread on Tuam to Collooney here, I believe it was meant to be Type 2 Dual Carriageway. I have no idea of the currant status

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055932635
    Situation is that Collooney to Charlestown will become dual probably by 2030. Rest won't

They have started work on the slip roads and have also put up a sisk banner on one of the bridges

Will there be left-turn slips at Rathm?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

spacetweek wrote: »
    Will there be left-turn slips at Rathm?

Yes. Commuter flow around the roundabout will be tidal. N17 traffic will use the roundabout in the morning and N18 traffic will use it in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭serfboard

Thanks for these photos - I was wondering what the arrangement was going to be when Rathmorrisey is finished, but these photos clearly show that M6 will be on the bottom (duh!), the roundabout will be in the middle and M17/18 will be over the top.

serfboard wrote: »
    Thanks for these photos - I was wondering what the arrangement was going to be when Rathmorrisey is finished, but these photos clearly show that M6 will be on the bottom (duh!), the roundabout will be in the middle and M17/18 will be over the top.

Here's that Ariel view again of what rathmorrisey will look like in 2018

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I wonder how much delay the flooding in South Galway has caused for this project?

Advertisement