Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share something you like/find interesting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I don't even fully understand this, but wow...
    opo0428b.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Ben Folds uses Chatroulette at a gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternate_reality_game

Recently introduced to this concept. It's pretty cool/interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Monzo wrote: »

That is ****ing brilliant! Made my day already! :D I need to use Chatroulette more often! Imagine just coming across a live concert. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Monzo wrote: »

LOVE this. I go on chatroulette the odd time with the hope of coming across someone cool like this... but no. All I seem to get is male genitalia :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Hotaru wrote: »
    All I seem to get is male genitalia :/

Lucky you, eh?

I discovered Best of Chatroulette. There are some equally brilliant, disgusting and hilarious shots. See this. to witness the middle one of those

<mod edit: I've removed the link to the site, as some of the material on it is completely unsuitable. See point 5 in this part of the Forum Charter for details>

LOVE this. I go on chatroulette the odd time with the hope of coming across someone cool like this... but no. All I seem to get is male genitalia :/

I sound so pretentious saying this but it used to be a really cool site before it got really popular/mainstream.It used to be dominated by 4channers and it was very rare to see male genitalia. I seen some strange sights like a man with 10+ guns, someone in a shanty town in brazil, band playing, group of people in anonymous masks and a range of weird stuff. Now the sites ruined! Same thing happened with Omegle, used to have some great stimulating convos on there, now you're lucky to get more than: ''Asl?, oh your not f and going to give me msn? :('' *disconnected*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Well if a website has a rule stating "please stay clothed" it's probably wise to assume that there's going to be naked people.

I sound so pretentious saying this but it used to be a really cool site before it got really popular/mainstream.It used to be dominated by 4channers and it was very rare to see male genitalia. I seen some strange sights like a man with 10+ guns, someone in a shanty town in brazil, band playing, group of people in anonymous masks and a range of weird stuff. Now the sites ruined! Same thing happened with Omegle, used to have some great stimulating convos on there, now you're lucky to get more than: ''Asl?, oh your not f and going to give me msn? :('' *disconnected*

Wow, that sounds pretty good. It just pisses me off now, it's either the genitalia or people holding up signs saying 'Show us yer b00bs'. Classy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

dominated by 4channers and it was very rare to see male genitalia.

Does not compute.

now you're lucky to get more than: ''Asl?, oh your not f and going to give me msn? :('' *disconnected*

Use chatroulette instead and Chuck Norris their ass.

ScreenChat_404.png

Wow, that sounds pretty good. It just pisses me off now, it's either the genitalia or people holding up signs saying 'Show us yer b00bs'. Classy.

You mean signs entitled 'Show us your b00bs' doesn't work? I paid 20€ for that book 'How to pick up girls on the net' for nothing!

In all seriousness though; you'd think they would try a different tactic after that failing every time. Maybe asking politely ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

As mentioned in the Irish Times

The world first chatroulette music video :D
    I also found A cool new band in the process

Yeah, I got sick of it ages ago. I've seen too much for a guy my age. Besides sexual acts, some are just downright disturbing for other reasons. :-/

In other news, the "Ode To Merton" is because there's already a guy on YouTube doing it! I love this! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

jumpguy wrote: »
    Yeah, I got sick of it ages ago. I've seen too much for a guy my age. Besides sexual acts, some are just downright disturbing for other reasons. :-/

In other news, the "Ode To Merton" is because there's already a guy on YouTube doing it! I love this! :pac:

I'm pretty sure that's the same guy in ode to merton.

kateos2 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that's the same guy in ode to merton.
    It's not, if you go on Ode To Merton's page he says he's not. :pac:

Bobby did a follow-up!

I dug way too much into this. :pac:

As mentioned in the Irish Times

The world first chatroulette music video :D
    I also found A cool new band in the process

Nice name... shame about the music though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Tits or GTFO tbf.

Tits or GTFO tbf.

You're totally one of those sign holding guys aren't you?

Rumbled.

• Advertisement

You're totally one of those sign holding guys aren't you?

Rumbled.

You wish.

68970-tits_or_gtfo.jpg

.FAC51cienda-the-hacienda-club-manchester-hacienda-poster_m.jpg

Click on the pic for MOAR info, will not be disappointed if you investigate properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭vladglenin

.FAC51cienda-the-hacienda-club-manchester-hacienda-poster_m.jpg

Click on the pic for MOAR info, will not be disappointed if you investigate properly.

That's so cool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

Nick Brandt is a wildlife fine-art photographer....wow that's a mouthful:p anyway these photos speak for themselves....

LionsHeadtoHead

5%20Wildebeest%20Arc

38%20Elephant%20Cathedral

13%20Lion%20Windswept

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭AllInOne

Arcade_Panda, those pictures are fair unreal. Wow, gave me goosebumps.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Really nice shots there. The Lion and lioness one in particular is beautiful. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Ah, talk last night of Leaving Cert Art forced me to go one of my monthly Dalí binges. Drew the first two of these in my history of art exam.

(Somehow neither of them could claim to be the most absurd drawing I had to do in it. My friend challenged me to fit in some Alan Partridge references into the paper but I went one better and took advantage of the 'talk about a local statue / sculpture' question to create a sculpture of AP in air-guitar mode. :))

Soft Construction with Boiled Beans - Premonition of Civil War, 1936
    36SoftConstructionWithCookedBeans.jpg

Metamorphosis of Narcissus
    metamorphosis.jpg

• Advertisement

LOVE Dalí. Went interrailing during the Summer and managed to pack in not one, but TWO Dalí exhibitions (in Prague & Bruges). I'm not a huge art lover but that guy is amazing.

Advertisement