Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kenmare Sept 12th 2009

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

I've gone to the dogs since Kenmare. I'm averaging 4 bags of Tayto (Cheese and Onion) a day, at least 2 bars of chocolate a day and various jellies too. I really enjoyed a tub of Hagen-Das Cookies and cream on Sunday evening too. Will have to nip that in the bud sharpish! :D It's a good job I have nothing coming up.

As Kenmare was my A goal and I don't have any more races coming up, my plan for the next 6 weeks is:

Weeks 1 -2:
    - Train when you feel like it
    - No high intensity work or races
    - At least two rest days per week
    - No running
    - Maximum 30 minutes per session
    - Train once per day ONLY

Weeks 4 - 6
    - Swim - 2 x per week, maximum 45’, drills & technique - Goal is to maintain feel for the water
    - Weights - 2 x per week, as circuits ( class or attached sheet)
    - Stretch - 2 x per week
    - Optional sessions - maximum 45 minutes per session
    - Train once per day only- ( you can stretch on the same day as another session)
    - No high intensity work or races
    - At least one rest day per week

I pulled that from an article on a tri site. Cannot remember which one though. After that it;s time to refocus. I also plan to get my teeth into Friel's Training Bible over the next 6 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Spins

5'24" first HIM, fairly happy.
    Don't handle the heat well generally so was real pleased. Was aiming for sub 6hrs, though maybe 5'45" at best.
    Porridge, taost and jam for breakfast.
    Bike - 2 bars, 2 bananas, 3 gels.
    Run - 4 gels and water at each station.
    I think of running as my weakest so was delighted with a negative split.
    Really enjoyed the day.
    didn't notice and poor organistaion.
    Will defo return next year after Switzerland IM (oo-er!) to ry knock 15 or 20 minutes off this years time.
    Did anyone hear, some fella drove his car in to one of the car parks the night before with his bike on top and forgot about the height barrier. ouch!
    I'm still in Kenmare actually, on a weeks holliers! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Spins

pgibbo wrote: »
    I've gone to the dogs since Kenmare. I'm averaging 4 bags of Tayto (Cheese and Onion) a day.......

I also plan to get my teeth into Friel's Training Bible over the next 6 weeks.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Spins wrote: »
    5'24" first HIM, fairly happy.
    Don't handle the heat well generally so was real pleased. Was aiming for sub 6hrs, though maybe 5'45" at best.
    Porridge, taost and jam for breakfast.
    Bike - 2 bars, 2 bananas, 3 gels.
    Run - 4 gels and water at each station.
    I think of running as my weakest so was delighted with a negative split.
    Really enjoyed the day.
    didn't notice and poor organistaion.
    Will defo return next year after Switzerland IM (oo-er!) to ry knock 15 or 20 minutes off this years time.
    Did anyone hear, some fella drove his car in to one of the car parks the night before with his bike on top and forgot about the height barrier. ouch!

Congrats Spins. That's great going. You picked a lovely week, and a beautiful location for the weeks holiers! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭MCOS

Spins wrote: »
    5'24" first HIM, fairly happy....

....Did anyone hear, some fella drove his car in to one of the car parks the night before with his bike on top and forgot about the height barrier. ouch!

Well done spins!! Especially on neg split on the run.. thats a nice way to finish.

Yikes, hopefully it wasn't a €severalK TT machine :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

Anyone know of any photos bar the ones on the Cork tri site. Photographer didn't wait around long enough for me...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 carav

Funkyzeit wrote: »
    Anyone know of any photos bar the ones on the Cork tri site. Photographer didn't wait around long enough for me...;)

Another link went up yesterday, almost everyone got their photo taken at the run turnaround and the last 8 or so at the finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Poncherello

There was someone taking photos at the top of the climb before the Healy Pass anyone know who that was ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

There was someone taking photos at the top of the climb before the Healy Pass anyone know who that was ?

...and also the bottom of Caha pass too. Surprised no-one wants to put up pictures of me - My hairy frame looks lovely in a tri suit...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭potsy11

I think it was someone from piranha tri club at the top

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭potsy11

I think it was someone from piranha tri club at the top

Advertisement