Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever been spiked?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Ever notice the people that complain of being spiked usually have a fairly petite body mass? If you're hanging around with a drinking group and 'trying to keep up', drink for drink, you'll come off worse for wear..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I know a person who took a rohypnol pill just to try it out. Not really a friend of mine but fairly nuts as they go. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭TirNaNog.

Had a few drinks at home once, after work... there was about 6 of us, my friend got soooo drunk she didn't know where she was etc etc, told everyone including my boss that her drink was spiked. Toxology report didn't show up any drugs, her parents weren't too worried when we rang them at 3AM and an ambulance, said she done it before... yet people still thought that there was a drug fueled rave in my house that night, fcuking stupid b!tch.

My mate got spiked twice, said it was great, they found traces of HEROIN in his blood... Was this cut with xtc or something?

Yes some E's had traces of heroin in them such as speckled doves etc

• Registered Users Posts: 45,361 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

People who claim to be spiked are actually just lightweight drinkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

TirNaNog. wrote: »

Reference please.
    Why would you cut a cheap drug with a really expensive drug?
    Illegal drug manufacturers are out to make a profit, not randomly screw people over.

• Advertisement

B*llocks !

Fremen wrote: »
    Reference please.
    Why would you cut a cheap drug with a really expensive drug?
    Illegal drug manufacturers are out to make a profit, not randomly screw people over.
    What do you mean????I didnt make them did I?,I'm Just saying what I heard years ago.

What do you mean????I didnt make them did I?,I'm Just saying what I heard years ago.

I mean it makes no sense to cut ecstasy with heroin, so what you heard was probably an urban myth.
    I wasn't accusing you of making them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

If you drink eight or nine pints and then fire a few shots down on top of that, your drink hasnt been spiked, you've just mangled the fcuking brains off yourself.

On the other hand if you've just had three or four pints and end up pissing in the window of a squad car whilst singing La Marseillaise, then there is a good chance that your drink was spiked.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Some were cut with hypnotics Fremen, you can't deny that. I'm not sure of the specifics, but Ketamine and some stuff along the lines of Lidocaine and various other exotics..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

laugh wrote: »
    I'm sorry, *cuddles*

I just remember a thread in TLL ending up in a row about gals blaming drinking too much on someone spiking them.

What about me?

I mean it makes no sense to cut ecstasy with heroin, so what you heard was probably an urban myth.
    I wasn't accusing you of making them...

Here's an article from canada that mentions talk of heroin in dove E's,maybe it is an urban myth!

http://ecstasy.org/qanda/q2.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Anna Molly

I hate this "spiking" shennanigans.
    At Oxegen, some girl came up to us all like, I just got raped.
    Correction; she stumbled up to us in a drunken mess.
    I didn't believe her and walked off, which disguisted my friends.
    I know people get raped at Oxegen and have sympathy for them like, but this girl was off her tits.
    My theory; she was wankered drunk, had sex with some chap, "woke up" as in sorta realized where she was midsexytime and bailed crying rape.
    I said **** that and went to see Nine Inch Nails!:D

Amalgam wrote: »
    Some were cut with hypnotics Fremen, you can't deny that. I'm not sure of the specifics, but Ketamine and some stuff along the lines of Lidocaine and various other exotics..

Sure, random street pills aren't guaranteed to contain ecstasy. But a little critical thought will tell you that they're very unlikely to be cut with anything more expensive than ecstasy because dealers are out to make a profit.

This is getting a bit off-topic anyway, maybe I'll call it a day here.

Sure, random street pills aren't guaranteed to contain ecstasy. But a little critical thought will tell you that they're very unlikely to be cut with anything more expensive than ecstasy because dealers are out to make a profit.

This is getting a bit off-topic anyway, maybe I'll call it a day here.

2% of heroin it said,yeah call it a day mr cynical.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 496 ✭✭renraw

I was spiked a fair few times, not bein smart but loved it everytime

rarnes1 wrote: »
    B*llocks !

I take it you were spiked with large quantities of diamorphine if you can only manage 1 word.

Anna Molly wrote: »
    I hate this "spiking" shennanigans.
    At Oxegen, some girl came up to us all like, I just got raped.
    Correction; she stumbled up to us in a drunken mess.
    I didn't believe her and walked off, which disguisted my friends.
    I know people get raped at Oxegen and have sympathy for them like, but this girl was off her tits.
    My theory; she was wankered drunk, had sex with some chap, "woke up" as in sorta realized where she was midsexytime and bailed crying rape.
    I said **** that and went to see Nine Inch Nails!:D

Lol @ Midsexytime :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

A friend of mine thought it would be funny one day to spike my drink in the afternoon during lunch.
    Needless to say I had a bad reaction and was throwing up for three days.
    They did all the tests needed in a hospital and the truth came out.
    I was three days pure sick, a week off just to fully recover.
    I lost some serious work, it damaged for a while my name with one person who I had to let down.

Needless to say, I didn't consider it very funny to have my drink spiked by an immature asshole so since then I have never spoken to him or wanted to meet-up with him again. He was damn lucky he wasn't charged with a crime - my wife wanted me to have him face a judge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Nailed plenty of times but never spiked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

Hmmmm, I've never had a drink spiked, but I've been spiked by a bearded dragon when I was holding it, does that count?

I can't say i've ever had a drink spiked but the strangest thing happened to me that always made me wonder.

I was out around xmas, had a glass of wine at home before getting the dart to a bar in blackrock. I had a cocktail, then two sips of another, went to the bathroom, and that was it, i don't remember anything after that. Woke up the next morning, at home, having no idea how I got there. I noticed I had a nighclub stamp on my wrist but have no recollection of going upstairs.

My friend called and told me what happened - I had gone upstairs with her. Gone to the bathroom and never came back. She went looking for me and eventually found me ko'd in the toilet. She carried me to a taxi, she would usually get out first but I was so out of it that she brought me home and had to bring me up to my apartment. My husband put me to bed. My friend, and my husband, have obviously been out with me alot when i've been drunk and they have never ever seen me the way I was that night.

Maybe one of the cocktails had a type of alcohol in it that didn't agree with me but there was definitely something different that night. I'm usually well able to handle my drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Biggins wrote: »

Needless to say, I didn't consider it very funny to have my drink spiked by an immature asshole so since then I have never spoken to him or wanted to meet-up with him again. He was damn lucky he wasn't charged with a crime - my wife wanted me to have him face a judge.

You should have had him charged imo.

Nobody knows how anyone will react to a drug, regardless of how safe it might be for most people. Bloody terrible sense of humor to do something like that.
    He could have killed you!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭wonderingabout

rarnes1 wrote: »
    People who claim to be spiked are actually just lightweight drinkers.

I'm sure not all people who claim this are lightweights. But id also be a bit sceptical.

Drink spiking stories are thrown around so much these days!
    It's never happened to me...

I'm sure not all people who claim this are lightweights. But id also be a bit sceptical.

Drink spiking stories are thrown around so much these days!
    It's never happened to me...YET!!!

fyp! You'll never know who'll stick a few glugs of vodca in your beer, especially late into the night! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Of all my friends that have gotten 'spiked' only two of them actually were. Majority of them drank too much, the other two got it on the same night.

A f*cker of a lowlife spiked their bottle of Buckfast with ketamine. Two lads were never into drugs, which is why your man thought it was hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭wonderingabout

true. One should always be on the look out !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 mrgarvey

Best advice is "keep your **** wired tight and don't leave nothin' for the dinks!".

ie - dont leave yourself open (cover your drink,be aware of where you are regards establishment) - common sense really
    many "spikings" may originate from poor choice of friends :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

teddy_303 wrote: »
    In all honesty, I was working for a respectable traditional Institution in the city centre. A senior member of staff compromised herself in my vicinity not long after I started working there. She wanted me to get her pregnant, and was vocal about it without embarrassment. I didn't make anything of it, but she was not happy about someone knowing what she is really like in our office. The horrible wagon made my life a living hell, making up utter lies about me, blamed me for other staff members mistakes, and forced me to sign a document to state same. I was forced to return this document by the date of our x mas party, and someone who works at our office spiked my drink while at our staff do. I was promptly brought into a certain persons office, and got the sack x mas week. These ppl are scum. I was worked into the ground while this corrupt slut had her lazy useless friends stand around doing nothing. If I could tell you the name of the institution you would choke. Really. Maybe I will in time. There are a few issues to sort out in the mean time. Watch this space. This story is 100% true. :eek: I wish I could tell you the name of the institution that this sexually preditorial megalomaniac worked for, you would be shocked. lets wait and see how legalities work out, then we'll see.. Hows that for being spiked? I'm sure the person management got yo spike me was who I thought was my closest friend in work. That's what the mafia do, send your closest aide to harm you, they come as your friend, not your enemy. This fat slag was rewarded for her repugnant actions, by being given my permanent contract, and got off her temporary contract. What a filthy scumbag. In my opinion people get what they deserve in this life, and I sincerely hope she gets what she deserves for doing what she did to me, the hungry disgusting piece of white trash. Shame! Watch this space. I well might name and shame yet. Upper class scum.

Okay, first off, WTF are you on about?

Secondly, ever heard of paragraphs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

It's happened to 2 female mates; 1 was when we were 17 and she'd had 1 smirnoff ice (and almost collapsed) the second was only last yr, it was really scary,she was totally off her face after 3-4 drinks and acting totally out of character(draping herself over all the lads). she ended up in hospital.

however, one of the lads also got spiked with E a few years back,ended up nearly dead if it hadn't been for an on the ball garda walking past.

Advertisement