Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever been spiked?

Options
  • 30-08-2009 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭

I was talking to a taxi driver the other night about people he's picked up in his car, after nights out.

He told me a really disturbing story about picking up this girl. They were chatting away, as he was driving her home. He said she just suddenly stopped talking, and a few seconds later, she was slurring her words and basically, on the verge of passing out.

He was telling me that such things are very commonplace, and that the amount of people being spiked in Ireland is actually very high.

I've never been spiked, although two friends have been - nothing serious resulted, they just got VERY drunk.

Has your drink ever been spiked?
    If so, what happened to you? and what do you think the substance was?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Done to death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Do people get spiked?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

One of my mates drinks was spiked (or so he claims), we went to a house party after a nightclub and he was talking to a girl and all of a sudden started balling crying in front of a roomful of strangers

I think he was just pissed tbh, but he gets real uptight about it and is determined he was drugged :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

He told me a really disturbing story about picking up this girl. They were chatting away, as he was driving her home. He said she just suddenly stopped talking, and a few seconds later, she was slurring her words and basically, on the verge of passing out.

He was telling me that such things are very commonplace, and that the amount of people being spiked pissed out of their mind in Ireland is actually very high

• Advertisement

Do people get spiked?

Well, their drinks do.

I've heard a lot of people refer to people as getting spiked though.

Not even sure if it's correct, but it's not THAT big deal.

In any case, it's not as bad as using 'do be'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I'd imagine the vast majority of the time suspect spikings are just excessive alcohol, but spikings are not non existant either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

Happened to me. I started getting dizzy and had one or two blackouts. Fortunately I don't drink much, and had been nursing my second drink for over an hour, so eventually I sobered up.

This happened to me in London. By amazing coincidence, a person I knew from my favourite Dublin club happened to be there too, so he was able to look out for me.

Furthermore, I know who did it...I was speaking to him for over an hour, and as soon as he realised I wasn't going to pass out here disappeared.

Anyway, it was a fun night overall, and this hiccup didn't put a damper on things.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

There are a number of people spiked in Ireland, but I would wager a helluva people who are "spiked" just drank too much and didn't want to admit it.

I have no recollection of getting home one night from holidays a few days back, the last thing I remember is leaving the club and then waking up to an apartment in which I had gawked. Sure I coulda been spiked but the most likely thing is I drank too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

:(

I'm sorry, *cuddles*

I just remember a thread in TLL ending up in a row about gals blaming drinking too much on someone spiking them.

• Advertisement

A friend of mine actually got her drink spiked by a barman.

She knew him, if that makes the context any less weird.

She was in the pub, having a few drinks. He served her a drink, her second or third, she had a few sips out of it and she said a few minutes later, she stood up and her legs were like jelly...she fell over and couldn't get back up.

She knew it was him because he was roaring with laughter behind the bar and slagging her because of it!

:mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

I had my drink spiked once.

Was at a house party and drank a bottle of vodka. I was slurring my speech and losing balance.

The next day I felt really ill and couldn't remember much.

Definitely spiked.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Fine line between girls claiming to have been spiked and girls claiming to have been date-raped

just saying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

The girls probably robbed a spiked drink that wasn't meant for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

I have to admit i'm kinda liking this whole "spiking" idea.

Free drink/drugs?

Sounds like a no-brainer to me :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

a person can't be spiked, unless someone stuck a knife in them.

Its the persons drink that 's spiked, and i read that there has never been a confirmed case of someones drink being spiked in ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

My brother was spiked on a camping trip once.
    Some of the folks he didn't know too well were doing E he reckoned.
    The eejit left his 2nd drink of the night unattended for a minute and the next thing he's throwing up violently and convinced he was going to die.
    He wasn't right for about a week after. I was so worried about him. :(
    People who do this are complete and utter scum.
    What if someone has a heart complaint or something?
    Talk about selfish arseholes. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Dudess wrote: »
    I'd imagine the vast majority of the time suspect spikings are just excessive alcohol, but spikings are not non existant either.

Had a few drinks at home once, after work... there was about 6 of us, my friend got soooo drunk she didn't know where she was etc etc, told everyone including my boss that her drink was spiked. Toxology report didn't show up any drugs, her parents weren't too worried when we rang them at 3AM and an ambulance, said she done it before... yet people still thought that there was a drug fueled rave in my house that night, fcuking stupid b!tch.

My mate got spiked twice, said it was great, they found traces of HEROIN in his blood... Was this cut with xtc or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

mukki wrote: »
    a person can't be spiked, unless someone stuck a knife in them.

Its the persons drink that 's spiked, and i read that there has never been a confirmed case of someones drink being spiked in ireland.

GTFO tbh...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Friend of mine was spiked by some friends of hers she had being with earlier in the evening (some friends :mad: ) and I helped bring her around after she threw up .Anybody who does that to another person is scum .

Rohypnol is quite commoly used to spike drinks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Another contributing factor could be eejits who don't realise you can't drink on certain medications. Oh noes I was drunk on my second pint, it must have been spiked...

Got spiked once putting up a barbed wire fence!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Never been spiked but I did piledrive someone

• Registered Users Posts: 12,634 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

/Two pints of Spiked please barkeep...and a soft drink for the lady.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Rohypnol on the rocks please, and some peanuts. Xanax and Coke for my Lady friend.. and a pint of Temazepam for that old gent at the other end of the bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

mukki wrote: »
    GTFO tbh...
    I think he is suffering to the dublin rape crisis centre, who IIRC did make a statement before that they have NEVER come across a confirmed case of "date rape" drugs being involved in any rape which was reported to them and tested for such drugs. The number 1 date rape drug is alcohol, no doubt at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Nope. I've heard stories about people I know but I'm very sceptical.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

rubadub wrote: »
    I think he is suffering to the dublin rape crisis centre, who IIRC did make a statement before that they have NEVER come across a confirmed case of "date rape" drugs being involved in any rape which was reported to them and tested for such drugs. The number 1 date rape drug is alcohol, no doubt at all.
    Indeed, it's by far the easiest and most effective thing to spike peoples drink with. I've seen this done. Guy buys girl drink, she thinks it's a pint with a shot in it, but there's actually 4 shots in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

teddy_303 wrote: »
    Rohepnol in untraceable. get with the programme..:( Hence its popularity.

Not so, Rohypnol has been modified to change the colour of an alcoholic drink, the solubility of the various pills has also changed to make the use of it more obvious.

Most benzodiazepines have a similar effect, the one effect Rohypnol has, that makes it so popular, sadly, is the 'black hole' effect it seems to have on short term memory.

Advertisement