Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 102 Discussion (Will Contain Spoilers)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Great fight by two masters of the sport. I wish I was there to see it live.

Sorry for doubting ya Nog!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I love Nog and Couture, but I'm glad Nog won. He's such a classy guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭mmafan81

2 class acts,1 great fight,fair deuce nog,didnt think he would do it,got a hand it to him

• Registered Users Posts: 17,333 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Main event was all kinds of awesome. First round was just utterly fantastic.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

the_lad wrote: »
    Nice bet... what is the winnings?

Got 21 back from 2 bets. Staked about 4euro altogether. peanuts really but just to make the fights a litte more enjoyable.

21 going towards the PS3 slim fund.

100p UFC 102 - Hague v Duffee : To Win Fight Duffee, Todd 1/2 Won
    100p UFC 102 - Mccully v Russo : To Win Fight Russo, Mike 4/11 Won
    100p UFC 102 - Gonzaga v Tuchscherer : To Win Fight Gonzaga, Gabriel 2/9 Won
    UFC 102 - Gouveia v Irvin : To Win Fight Gouveia, Wilson 1/2 Void
    100p UFC 102 - Jardine v Silva : To Win Fight Silva, Thiago 11/10 Won
    100p UFC 102 - Couture v Nogueira : To Win Fight Nogueira, Antonio Rodrigo 11/8 Won

Actual return: €9.73

100p UFC 102 - Soszynski v Vera : To Win Fight Vera, Brandon 1/2 Won
    100p UFC 102 - Jardine v Silva : To Win Fight Silva, Thiago 11/10 Won
    100p UFC 102 - Couture v Nogueira : To Win Fight Nogueira, Antonio Rodrigo 11/8 Won

Actual return: €11.22

• Advertisement

Silva was awesome and so was Aaron Simpson - that guy looks amazingly fast and athletic. Felt sorry for his opponent who had a bad knee injury; one thing you can say, tough as nails.

Wanted Couture to win but wasn't to be. He's a great fighter and in phenomenal shape for a 46 year old. Personally think Couture should drop down a weight, reckon he'd cause a stir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭mmafan81

dunham-aurelio.....good fight,gotta say aswell that espn coverage much better this time.i wonder 2 if ufc took fan feedback bout airing prelims,was it just me r did anyone else think that bruce buffer flew threw d announcing early on(maybe 2 ensure we'd c a prelim)??

EPSN didnt put a step wrong tonight IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Most exciting main / HW event in recent memory imo.

This is the fight we should have seen months ago for the undisputed championship.

Glad to see Brandon Vera get a win too , he looked good.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,601 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Excellent main event, going for Nog the whole ime and beaming that he won! He should rematch against Mir and I would love to see him against Lesnar!!!

A boy da Big Nog!!!

• Advertisement

Nog V Mir would be an incredible match if NOG is fit :).

Glad to see Nog looking better but he still looks to be very worn down, he was slow moving about the ring and ate a lot of shots from Randy, a lot of which he didn't seem to see coming.

I guess Brock was more or less right about Mir having a shoe up his ass after last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

That was so great. Nogueira is my hero. As soon as the fight started I was praying for him to win. I think that the only thing next for him is to fight the winner of Brock/Carwin

Poor Maia. Trying to copy Arlovski :pac:
    mmafan81 wrote: »
    i wonder 2 if ufc took fan feedback bout airing prelims,was it just me r did anyone else think that bruce buffer flew threw d announcing early on(maybe 2 ensure we'd c a prelim)??

I think that he was going faster because the first few fights were decisions, so they had to make sure that they had enough time to squeeze in all the prelims before the main card started. He read out the scoring for the first couple of decisions but not the third one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Christ but that main event was a great fight. Very exciting stuff indeed.Every resaon why i love to watch MMA was in that fight.

Feel bad for Maia, he looked a bit stuned and out of it after that big shot. Fair play to Nate for not piling into him on the ground.

I don't think this will derail Maia too much, if at all, he just needs to bring up his stand up game to the point where he can hang with people and wait for his chance.

NOG V Brock should be a great fight...one to look forward to.

Brock for me.

Any news on when Cain Velasquez is next fighting ? What about Jon Jones ? I love that guys fighting style, reminds me of street fighter watching him.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Maynard

Great night of fights. Very good show. Have to admit to being a bit upset for Demian Maia...Really like the guy and his attitude, was obviously an exciting "finish" (start/finish) but we didn't get to see the chess battle I had hoped for.

On a side note, took Mr Power to the cleaners (;)) with Big Nog to win and T Silva to win by KO...Nice:pac:

Any news on when Cain Velasquez is next fighting ?

Soon, against Ben Rothwell. I think it could be at 103

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭t-ha

wow. that main event may have been the best MMA fight i've seen this year!

Only disappointment was the early finish in the Marquardt/maia fight - was looking forward to seeing a bit more of those two.

Vera looked good, toyed with kristoff. the first liver kick and knee to the midsection were sick.

Be interesting to see how Duffee progresses, serious KO power. Could pose problems for anyone in the HW div.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Anonomyte

New it! Should have bet on silva as well, ah well 78 euro profit aint bad for a nights work.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Very very enjoyable show. Well worth staying up for.

I too felt bad for Maia and was shocked it was over so quickly, Nate earned alot of respect from me for not going for another shot while he was on the ground, classy.

Randy vs Minotauro was exactley what i hoped it would be, so entertaining. I think i said on 4 different occasions "Its over!" only for Randy to somehow get out of it. What a competitor.

Thiago Silva looked very impressive in his win, rising star.

Altogether a very enjoyable event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Rugger7

Couture-V-Nogueira was brilliant, not one boring bit. Would feel a little ripped if I went to see it though, a few quick fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Very enjoyable night, best in a while. Can't wait to see Tuffee fight again, Simpson looks like a livewire too.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Had €25 double on Nog and Silva. Both of them underdogs.
    Makes up for my loss on Griffin at 101.

Nog, what a legend. I guarantee you that when fully fit he would DESTROY Mir (sorry Bishy but this is true ;))

Nate Marquardt was very classy in pretty much calling the fight himself. Nice to see he hasn't been training with Dan Henderson!

Can Nog stop Brock is the question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

jayteecork wrote: »
    Can Nog stop Brock is the question?

Thats the question isn't it, or rather he's as the close as the ufc have to fedor at the moment in terms of style , experience , age ?? One id like to see for sure.

Brock could clearly be seen cage side cheering for randy.

calex71 wrote: »
    Thats the question isn't it, or rather he's as the close as the ufc have to fedor at the moment in terms of style , experience , age ?? One id like to see for sure.

Brock could clearly be seen cage side cheering for randy.

Acording to Joe Rogan Brock was shouting instructions at Randy.

jayteecork wrote: »
    Acording to Joe Rogan Brock was shouting instructions at Randy.

Yeah, you could see him shouting at him at the end when Randy was stuck in guard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,159 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

t-ha wrote: »
    Be interesting to see how Duffee progresses, serious KO power. Could pose problems for anyone in the HW div.
    Do you honestly think that 7 seconds showed us anything?
    I'd never say somebody has "serious KO power" based on one punch/fight. esp at heavyweight.

Advertisement