Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Jayo11780

Serious word for the favourite 'Bog War' in the first race tomorro in Punchestown, the owners putting down the big money tonight, gone from 6's into 5 already!

Also Tony Martin fanices 'I shot the Sheriff' 16/1 big time in the World Hurdle tomorrow, Given how open the race is (Especially as the big two stepping up to 3 miles) he must definitely be worth a good ew punt!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Not sure if i wanted to hear that Martin fancies I Shot The Shefiff because i've already backed him.
    Thought he had a chance alright and really liked how he won lto.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,688 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Good start,disappointing end a few backed ew placed no great damage but still gave them back a few quid.
    I have to back Uncle Juinor in the 4 miler tomorrow at 4 50.It goes against the grain to back a 14 year old but he is better off at the weights with a few of these,JPs one is very skinny and it would be some training feat from Mullins.I am hoping for a bit better than 6s though.
    Bow and Arrow is as near a cert bar a fall (its a flat race) 3 25 Redcar, 8/11 with PP if I can get 5/6 I will have my max on and I will back it even at 8/11.Bolted up by 13 lengths last time and should win this doing handsprings as the boys in blue do not stop them.

Should have taken 8/11 last night,price gone so no bet unless it drifts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Giving most of the races at Punchestown a shot today, but mostly small bets to (hopefully) win at high odds. Many of the races are minefields today though.

Win Trixie

Ned Buntline 9/2 (4.15)
    Upazo's form is all over the place, so cannot touch it. To be truthful, there is at least 10 in with a chance of winning this, but Buntline seems a class above them all IMO.

Roll It Out 8/1 (6.05)
    This horse has been looking for 3 miles for 2 years and never got it until today. Have to be on to see what it does with it.

Lyrical Theatre 7/2 (7.15)
    This is the right Mullins horse in the race IMO. Not sure of the reasoning why Ruby is not on. My opinion is that I think this would be the one the stable would expect to win.

EW Double

A Sizing Network 20/1 EW (3.40)
    Simply think that this is the best quality pick at such high odds. Bog War is too short for me, and could get hampered in such a packed field. Happy to try bigger odds in a lottery race.

Keep On Track 16/1 EW (4.50)
    Seems bred for this. Seem trained for this. Whole bunch of plus points. The same can be said for Ballyboker Bridge, but I settled with above. Quantitativeeasing is far too short to touch IMO.

Two EW Single

Thousand Stars 14/1 EW (5.30)
    Posted this above. I am a huge Fly fan, but with TS today instead. He was fantastic racing in France at Auteuil around today's distance since 2012. If he can match some of those outings he has a solid chance. My only decent sized punt of the day too. Perhaps I am crazy to think he will boss a World Hurdle?

Just Cameron 33/1 EW (6.40)
    Un De Sceaux has to somehow fail (or fall) for someone else to win. Just Cameron is the only one that can match his gallop/stamina to take advantage of a mistake - and it would have to be a massive mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

Bow and Arrow just managed the win, Now for Bog War to do the business.

• Advertisement

Jayo11780 wrote: »
    Serious word for the favourite 'Bog War' in the first race tomorro in Punchestown, the owners putting down the big money tonight, gone from 6's into 5 already!

Also Tony Martin fanices 'I shot the Sheriff' 16/1 big time in the World Hurdle tomorrow, Given how open the race is (Especially as the big two stepping up to 3 miles) he must definitely be worth a good ew punt!

I did the double, 1 up :)

Good start,disappointing end a few backed ew placed no great damage but still gave them back a few quid.
    I have to back Uncle Juinor in the 4 miler tomorrow at 4 50.It goes against the grain to back a 14 year old but he is better off at the weights with a few of these,JPs one is very skinny and it would be some training feat from Mullins.I am hoping for a bit better than 6s though.
    Bow and Arrow is as near a cert bar a fall (its a flat race) 3 25 Redcar, 8/11 with PP if I can get 5/6 I will have my max on and I will back it even at 8/11.Bolted up by 13 lengths last time and should win this doing handsprings as the boys in blue do not stop them.

Was'nt on BOW and Arrow won a bit cheekily happy to be on Uncle Junior though,what a race and still as game as ever at 14,Reminded me of Baulking Green.

The dream of a huge win went out the door fairly sharp.

tinodz wrote: »
    EW Double

A Sizing Network 20/1 EW (3.40)
    Simply think that this is the best quality pick at such high odds. Bog War is too short for me, and could get hampered in such a packed field. Happy to try bigger odds in a lottery race.

Keep On Track 16/1 EW (4.50)
    Seems bred for this. Seem trained for this. Whole bunch of plus points. The same can be said for Ballyboker Bridge, but I settled with above. Quantitativeeasing is far too short to touch IMO.

Looks like this is going to be my only winner today. A 2nd and 3rd... That's worth something!

Un De Sceaux failing is my only other shot - and that's unlikely.

tinodz wrote: »
    Just Cameron 33/1 EW (6.40)
    Un De Sceaux has to somehow fail (or fall) for someone else to win. Just Cameron is the only one that can match his gallop/stamina to take advantage of a mistake - and it would have to be a massive mistake

Another place... but at a good price! (10p R4 though)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Niallers87

Any thing take ur fancy tomorro zimmer??

• Registered Users Posts: 2 hipford

Slattsy wrote: »
    I did the double, 1 up :)

Likewise! €146 double, €1,007.40 returned! A good day!

Niallers87 wrote: »
    Any thing take ur fancy tomorro zimmer??
    One of the best bets I have seen for a while runs in the 6 40 Pun,this horse was 4th in the county hurdle at Cheltenham, not having enjoyed the best of runs when well enough fancied.
    Max Dynamite fell behind Sempre Medici before being asked a question last time out and should be able to win this for his inform stable.I have had a big punt on this ew as it is hard to imagine this one not being involved at the finish of a weak enough contest (for Punchestown).Trained by Mullins,with Ruby up in a race won by Arctic Fire last year I think this one might go off short enough and I cant see anything half as good as his Cheltenham form.Worth a lumpy ew bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Think Alton Bay may have a say in that race too so have him backed. Hard to look past Mullins stable alright though.

Dave147 wrote: »
    Think Alton Bay may have a say in that race too so have him backed. Hard to look past Mullins stable alright though.

Alton won a maiden but I don't think a winner has come out of it ,may well win but lacks the class of Max Dynamite and I would not rate it at all in this company.

Did not do much today at Punchestown, but giving Arctic Fire (5/1) a go over Faugheen

Don't think there is going to be a huge amount of lengths between the two, and Townend has been having a good festival. He has to beat a machine though.

Faugheen was far too good, but will go for Townend over Ruby in the 6.05 as well

Sempre Medici 4/1

No luck today with the outsiders

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

Went for Townsend in the next :)))

One of the best bets I have seen for a while runs in the 6 40 Pun,this horse was 4th in the county hurdle at Cheltenham, not having enjoyed the best of runs when well enough fancied.
    Max Dynamite fell behind Sempre Medici before being asked a question last time out and should be able to win this for his inform stable.I have had a big punt on this ew as it is hard to imagine this one not being involved at the finish of a weak enough contest (for Punchestown).Trained by Mullins,with Ruby up in a race won by Arctic Fire last year I think this one might go off short enough and I cant see anything half as good as his Cheltenham form.Worth a lumpy ew bet.

The worst performance of any Mullins horse this week.

• Advertisement

Fancy Stepper Point here, could be a class above this lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭droidman123

Be bop Boru 2.55 utt

Me today...

Singles

Kalane 66/1 EW (3.50)
    Fiscal Focus 7/1 Win (4.25)
    The Job Is Right 12/1 (5.00)
    The Saint James 11/1 (5.35)

EWL15 on the above too

Kalane is the best quality to odds bet of the festival for me. Not going to touch Annie Power unless that fall did some damage, but if she can even nab second at those odds I will dance a jig. The other 3 are basically me trying to match the going to the horse - which is getting worse and worse.

Couldnt let Gleneagles go at 9/2 so got on quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Went with Territories

Estidhkaar way over priced I think at 7/1, think he is absolute class. Kool Kompany gonna outrun his price of 25/1 and Ol Man River will beat Gleneagles.

Wow

Well **** that anyway.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Couldnt let Gleneagles go at 9/2 so got on quickly.

I was on at 7/2 ew pp 4 places 1/4 a place happy now won well and I will get 4s from PP.

• Advertisement

Qualando much be a good bet here at Punch with the ground now in its favour and having had a light campaign will be fresh.
    Chelt win franked too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement