Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Third Intention in the next at Sandown.
    Can be very hit and miss, doesnt stay 3 miles properly and looked as if 2 1/2 too short at times so this trip and ground should be spot on today and at 16/1 in an open contest i'll take my chances to his day.

Balls only got 14/1, but into 8s now..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Polly Peachum in the 5 35 Sandown unlucky bat chel can win today also Guess Again fell when going well at chel and worth a little ew in the 3 50 Sandown.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

I am on Sprinter Sacre 5/1 in the next.

For whatever reason I think it will be back to his best. And if he is, he is unbeatable.

Obviously has to prove himself all over again... but If I passed up him at these odds and he won I would kick myself,

Sprinter Sacre is improving. Does not look a complete liability to bet on anymore.

I think I will be on him next to out.

• Advertisement

Polly Peachum in the 5 35 Sandown unlucky bat chel can win today also Guess Again fell when going well at chel and worth a little ew in the 3 50 Sandown.

Polly Peachum did the biz,small profit on Guess Again (5th) and a good wedge on my strong tip @2s on the tips thread.The drinks will taste sweeter tonight,knowing PP is looking after them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,295 ✭✭✭CH3OH

POOLSTOCK running in the 17:15 Wetherby

This one caught my eye when running over 7 furlongs at Wolverhampton on the
    10th April
    He seemed to be going well and got checked twice when trying to accelerate in the home straight. Beaten 2 lengths in fifth and I thought the jockey eased him when the gaps did not appear

Stepping up to a mile today
    currently best price 9/2

Jumped on Legatissimo 10/3 in the next at Gowran

Last second bet... dont fail me!

tinodz wrote: »
    Jumped on Legatissimo 10/3 in the next at Gowran

Last second bet... dont fail me!

GygqlNK.gif

Put this fellow in a Tracker a few days back with the following comment...

BttsdP5l.png

Declared tomorrow with hood and cheekpieces on for the first time.

Have to be one that then!

• Advertisement

Great card in Naas tomorrow and I fancy a few that I think have real good chances.
    One I have backed already ew at 7/1 PP is Bubbly Bellini 6 10,this one won a very good race in the Curragh a few weeks ago with some smart horses (inc Great Minds runs also tomorrow) behind.The race has thrown up 3 winners a 2nd and a 5th from 5 runners,and the form of it is very strong.7/1 is too big. Was running over too far last time when just run out of it but will be difficult to pass when he hits the front a couple of furlongs out.
    Barbeque has a good chance in the 5 40,a competitive handicap but he is in good form and was well fancied last time 6/1 now and might drift a little
    Great Minds in the 7 10 drops down in distance but has so much class that he should win and is an ew price at the moment,this one is highly regarded and I think he may become a group horse.
    Ill be Your Clown 7 40 is a very tough handicapper with a good chance around 6/I with most bookies.
    Having a good time of things lately,Great Minds,Ill be Your Clown and of course Bubbly Bellini backed ew and I have backed the four of them in an ew yankee. I have a bit of info for another one on the card and I will put it up on the tips thread,its unraced so make up your own minds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Waabel looks great value at 8/1.

The 4 I have already backed have all shortened up so I at least have the price!,now they just have to win.Two other bets caught my eye today.Wol 6 50 PP is paying 4 places in a non handicap,i put a few quid ew on the apprentice ridden Cloak and Degas around 13/2.
    In the lucky last! 9 20 Wol if anyone has any money left a horse called Bowdlers Magic caught my eye.Has not run on the AW since 2012 when he won over 2 miles off a mark of 81,runs today off 61 and in a weak race over 2 miles 1 furlong he carries my money ew at 4/1 in a 6 horse field.I have probably had more bets today than I have had in a long time and I will be blissfully unaware of how most of them got on until I return home to watch the recordings.I will see the 9 20 live and my punting buddy has been instructed not to text or call with any results so that I can watch as if live.
    I have punted more today than I have in a long while and I hope things turn out as I expect.

Judging by his run, Arc Lighter needs a whole stable's worth of equipment on him to get him to run straight

Just seen Bold Thady Quill won at 14/1... and I passed him up today. Damn

A few for Punchestown tomorrow:

The Game Changer 14/1
    Wary of putting Hidden Cyclone up..... but i think he'll win this as everything is right and its not a great race.

Great card in Naas tomorrow and I fancy a few that I think have real good chances.
    One I have backed already ew at 7/1 PP is Bubbly Bellini 6 10,this one won a very good race in the Curragh a few weeks ago with some smart horses (inc Great Minds runs also tomorrow) behind.The race has thrown up 3 winners a 2nd and a 5th from 5 runners,and the form of it is very strong.7/1 is too big. Was running over too far last time when just run out of it but will be difficult to pass when he hits the front a couple of furlongs out.
    Barbeque has a good chance in the 5 40,a competitive handicap but he is in good form and was well fancied last time 6/1 now and might drift a little
    Great Minds in the 7 10 drops down in distance but has so much class that he should win and is an ew price at the moment,this one is highly regarded and I think he may become a group horse.
    Ill be Your Clown 7 40 is a very tough handicapper with a good chance around 6/I with most bookies.
    Having a good time of things lately,Great Minds,Ill be Your Clown and of course Bubbly Bellini backed ew and I have backed the four of them in an ew yankee. I have a bit of info for another one on the card and I will put it up on the tips thread,its unraced so make up your own minds.

Two winners at good prices and a couple placed decent profit today.

Have not gone through the Punchestown card yet but looking at the Landrover bumper ,confined to 4 year olds,. one horse with an unusual profile for this race made me look twice and the jockey booking is also interesting.
    Art of Synergy was 3rd last time out to a very good horse of Jim Dreapers called Sizing Titanium who started at 8/11 in a field of 20 for a Navan Maiden Hurdle!!
    Art of Synergy started at 50/1,was out the back early before running on nicely into 3rd without ever getting a tap of the whip and finishing best of the 4 year olds.One would have expected the 4 year old to reappear in another maiden hurdle and be fancied for it.
    Instead,he is entered for the Landrover worth 59 GRAND TO THE WINNER.
    I can only guess that he showed a lot speed to his shrewd young trainer,Sandra Hughes and she laid him out for this.
    What is also unusual is that she booked the excellent S Clements to ride,while her own amateur jockey, JJ King rides another of her horses,Wingoldandwearit in the race.Clements has never ridden for her before now and is probably the best 5 lb claiming amateur riding in these parts.As far as I am concerned it is almost unthinkable that a horse that ran so well over hurdles in its only run would turn up here.
    All the usual suspects will have young horses laid out for this and though by no means one to get heavily involved with I am interested enough to have €25 ew on at 12s

Not a lot sticks out for me today,Elite Force is fav for the 5 15 at Wol but there is nothing between it and Ajig on form.Ajig is nearly twice the price,stable in reasonable form and is worth backing ew.Elite Force is not the most genuine of horses and is usually worth taking on.

I see that the second Sandra Hughes runner,Wingoldandwearit has come in from 33s to 16s and less in places in the last 10 minutes.
    She may have two fancied for the bumper.My few quid is on Art of Synergy and I hope I am on the right one.
    A friend of mine has a couple of horses with Sandra and he hopes to meet her at the course today and we may hear something.

No joy today but no real damage done as I felt races were difficult to solve and did not get too involved,its a pity Ajig did not run as once again Elite Force 6/4 fav did not want to win when he got to the front and only ran on again when passed,a thief always worth opposing.

A great hunter chase card at Cheltenham tomorrow where Legal Legend 5 25, Doctor Kingsley 6 30 (won this for the last 2 years) and Rockiteer in the
    8 15 all have decent chances around the 4/1 mark.Pun also puts on a great card and there are a few worth backing.
    Road to Riches ran a blinder when 3rd in the gold cup and might get the better of Djakadam over this less testing course (Djakadam looked an out and out stayer at Cheltenhamwhen the 3 miles 2 and stiff uphill finish was barely long enough and Pun may suit Road to Riches better 5 30.
    Modus 6 05 pun ran a blinder in the Cheltenham bumper and may take this race for trainer R Stephens from the UK .I backed this lot in an ew Canadian and will back a few of them in singles.
    Finally there is a listed race in Ascot at 4 35 and I am backing Mooharib ew 5/1 is available and he may drift a bit.
    There are 4 in the race with a higher rating but I think this fellow is better than a handicapper and even though Mondialiste gave Mooharib 5 lbs in the Lincoln and beat him 2 lengths and meets him at levels tomorrow I think he can turn the tables.
    2 furlongs out in the Lincoln Mooharib had only one behind him but ran on strongly to finish 3rd,he faltered and swerved inside the final furlong got back on an even keel and ran on again.Only turned 4 in January,Mooharib can improve for his first run and is worth an ew bet.

• Advertisement

I really liked what I saw from Moohaarib at Doncaster at the end of March.

Look for these silks in the video below...

2yhrQLk.pnghttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CU3lr400yQ

Trapped at the back until about 1f out, but showed great speed and shifted through gears when he got space. Think he could do well today if he can run his race - having a smaller field to cope with should help.

Moohaarib 9/2 (Ascot 4:35)

edit - just seen zimmermania is on the same one. Hopefully this one works out!

Randomly digging through old notes I made on races, and got on a few at Punchestown...

Killultagh Vic 10/1 (4.55)
    Ballynagour 10/1 (5.30)
    Bellshill 10/1 (6.05)

After settling, and then checking the prices, somehow I managed to settle on 3 10/1 shots.

Done a EW Trixie

and a €2 Treble @ 1000/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Trapped at the back until about 1f out, but showed great speed and shifted through gears when he got space. Think he could do well today if he can run his race - having a smaller field to cope with should help.

Thanks for this info. Won easy

Well done we got a good price and never came off the bridle.

Well done we got a good price and never came off the bridle.

I actually put a bit more on when I saw you were on to. Was a nice winner :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Cayuga in the next at Ascot

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

Randomly digging through old notes I made on races, and got on a few at Punchestown...

Killultagh Vic 10/1 (4.55)
    Ballynagour 10/1 (5.30)
    Bellshill 10/1 (6.05)

After settling, and then checking the prices, somehow I managed to settle on 3 10/1 shots.

Done a EW Trixie

and a €2 Treble @ 1000/1

You have one up :))

Ballynagour fell and was going well too, but I am pretty sure Don Cossack would have had enough to take it anyway. A place there would have been nice for the Trixie.

The unlikely treble is down, but trixie could still be worth something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

I've got King Vuvuzela in the next.

• Advertisement

Had two 10/1 winners in the Trixie, which was pretty nice. Better than I expected.

Tomorrow...

I had Thousand Stars EW 14/1 (5.30) marked down as a bet for a long time, so on that. Think he can get close to mix it with The Fly if things go his way.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement