Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity College Airsoft Club/Society

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

Thank god theres an airsoft society in DIT I thought I was gonna have to settle for paintball!!!

I'm all up for obliterating Doc and Sod in a college tourny :D

+1, both the soc part and the obliteration part

eeww, i'd rather pull my own fingernails off than join a paintball soc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Meh I don't mind the paintball society aslong as I dont have to use one of those awkward bastard markers need some sort of pistol

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

An opportunity to brap my own team mates...

I'm in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Airsoft Reloded

We hosted a challenge between NCI & DCU (which we set up :P) in The Warehouse there a while ago and are restarting the A.C.C (Airsoft College Competition) again soon. If you want I can keep a spot open for you guys?

This event was a great craic and laid the foundation for a full on varsity league to begin (which we already have in the pipe lines).

We also have an insane college deal that gives rental, walk on and umlimited ammo for the two/four hours for an amazingly low €30 for two hours or €40 for four hours. This offer is only available to college social clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Being in Trinity at the moment, all I can say is if they managed to get funding from DUCAC, fair play to them! My friends tried settnig up a sports club, but were told no funding was being given out due to the budget they had

This wont happen. DUCAC will not approve any new sports clubs for the foreseeable future. An Airsoft Society is the only course of action.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Soberts

We hosted a challenge between NCI & DCU (which we set up :P) in The Warehouse there a while ago and are restarting the A.C.C (Airsoft College Competition) again soon. If you want I can keep a spot open for you guys?

This event was a great craic and laid the foundation for a full on varsity league to begin (which we already have in the pipe lines).

We also have an insane college deal that gives rental, walk on and umlimited ammo for the two/four hours for an amazingly low €30 for two hours or €40 for four hours. This offer is only available to college social clubs.
    Thats awesome, I will definately keep that in mind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Bernie Mac

Soberts wrote: »
    I was lookin at that DIT airsoft club when I was deciding on colleges. Im not sure that there will be enough people to even start thinking about setting a club up. This summer a whole load of new sites opened up which are in South Dubiln so traveling shouldnt be a problem. The only thing is that they are open weekends only and I will have hockey matches on most weekends.

The main problem (as far as I was aware) with the soc was that there already was a paintball club and they wanted to merge the two which was a big no no and the paintball has been around alot longer and is one of the colleges biggest club/soc so airsoft didnt get as much attention as it should have.

Also I do not remember seeing a stand on sign up day in Bolton street where is where most of the sign up would probably come from :p

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

As most schools did not have the the money, even in the good times, we have had a deal running from the day we fisrt opened, for schools, rental and walk on, for €5 per: hour, and walk on's with there own gear for, €2 per: hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

hrta wrote: »
    As most schools did not have the the money, even in the good times, we have had a deal running from the day we fisrt opened, for schools, rental and walk on, for €5 per: hour, and walk on's with there own gear for, €2 per: hour.

I didn't know that. Will definitely keep that in mind for the future. Do you have many rentals?

hrta wrote: »
    WOW! That is a deal if I ever saw one. The only thing is that HRTA is a long way away from people who live in South Dublin, I know this because this is the first place I ever skirmished at.

• Advertisement

Soberts wrote: »
    WOW! That is a deal if I ever saw one. The only thing is that HRTA is a long way away from people who live in South Dublin, I know this because this is the first place I ever skirmished at.

The Warehouse is off 7 bus routes ;) (sorry Paul) and is open every evening bar Sunday and Monday (which I would imagine isn't any use for a college society anyway).

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Anyone know if there is an airsoft society in ITB? (blanch IT)

Was none in my last college, and workload didn't leave me with enough time to look into setting one up... but now I'm older and wiser...well....I'm definitely older :P and wouldn't mind putting in the time.

Anything that gets me out of the house :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 31 DanKnev

As I said in the original forum, I'd most definately be up for going an Airsoft society in TCD. This will be my 6th year in the college, and bar rugby, can safely say this would be the first society Id genuinely be interested in joining and sticking with! As Im a postgrad in the college, I could work on getting people involved within my Group/departments...

DanKnev wrote: »
    As I said in the original forum, I'd most definately be up for going an Airsoft society in TCD. This will be my 6th year in the college, and bar rugby, cant safely say this would be the first society Id genuinely be interested in joining and sticking with! As Im a postgrad in the college, I could work on getting people involved within my Group/departments...
    That would be amazing if you could do that, presuming that there is going to be a society running this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭irlande

As chair of DCU Airsoft soc (http://dcuairsoft.com) I just gotta say, that 'incident' with NCI. Yea, that was just a warm up. ;) We really weren't giving it our all. Lets wait and see how things go this year!

But on a serious side note, DCU Airsoft is entering its second year. In our first year we gained 180 members and held bi-weekly skirmishes for our members. Really it's a pretty great success story.

If any of you out there want any tips or advice about setting up a club in your college feel free to private message me, because we're all very aware how difficult it can be to get a student society off the ground, especially when it comes to Airsoft!

irlande wrote: »
    As chair of DCU Airsoft soc (http://dcuairsoft.com) I just gotta say, that 'incident' with NCI. Yea, that was just a warm up. ;) We really weren't giving it our all. Lets wait and see how things go this year!

But on a serious side note, DCU Airsoft is entering its second year. In our first year we gained 180 members and held bi-weekly skirmishes for our members. Really it's a pretty great success story.

If any of you out there want any tips or advice about setting up a club in your college feel free to private message me, because we're all very aware how difficult it can be to get a student society off the ground, especially when it comes to Airsoft!

Incident meaning how I was the only member of NCI whod ever played airsoft, when half your team had...and we won?

Sour much? :P

Our soc seems in good hands, I hope our lads can arrange a few matches causes I'm itching at the bit to get my teeth stuck into other colleges ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭irlande

TheDoc wrote: »
    Incident meaning how I was the only member of NCI whod ever played airsoft, when half your team had...and we won?

Our soc seems in good hands, I hope our lads can arrange a few matches causes I'm itching at the bit to get my teeth stuck into other colleges ;)

I think it depends how you define 'won' tbh! :P I mean, sure, you may have achieved more objectives and killed more of our players. BUT, we were fighting for the cause of good and you were totally fighting for evil....

;) Lets wait for round two! I don't suppose you could IM me some contact details for your club could you?

TheDoc wrote: »

Now Doc, over half of the NCI team there on the day had played in The Warehouse the same amount of times as half of the DCU lads.

We will have a to arrange another game soon to see who is the better college!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Ah Doc's only getting in his smack talk now becase he knows there's not long before he's put in his place;)

Ah Doc's only getting in his smack talk now becase he knows there's not long before he's put in his place;)

oooo, DCU got Niall, im so scared :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Ahh lads don't worry I'll be kicking both your asses!

Ahh lads don't worry I'll be kicking both your asses!

Yeah, until a game is played outside of HRTA and your ****ed

Can't wait to finally have a reason to shoot Neil other than my dislike for him :D

Looking forward to the games, half tempted to order myself a DCU name tape already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

I can pretty much positively say that DIT will be handing out major ass kickings to everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭coys

Craigsy wrote: »
    I can pretty much positively say that DIT will be handing out major ass kickings to everyone

Pah, NCI are the only ones to be handing out ass whoopings!!!!!!! :cool:

I'm loving the smack talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Doc's just in it for the ass :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭coys

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Doc's just in it for the ass :p

Isn't that the reason were all in college :p

oh and an education..........of course

But anyways looking forward to a college league of some sort this year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I hear gmit have an airsoft society this year, team names gmit ak47 apparently? :rolleyes: looks like an official airsoft intervarsity competition should be your next step guys... I welcome the smack talk as a spectator

• Advertisement

coys wrote: »
    Isn't that the reason were all in college :p

What? Doc's homosexual desires?

Duno what you're studying..

A league would be handy or just even regular matches.
    There's 4 possibly 5 colleges going to be fielding teams? So would be short at most. If Doc/Dave's/Brian's thingy kicks off i'd imagine teams would be entered in that.

Advertisement