Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silly stuff your parents said

Options
1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

lynchpin wrote: »
    A lump of coal and an orange.

Mmmmm- oranges......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 bilboa88

Auld' Wan wants to know when I'll be home in the evening but I've got my phone turned off. Turn phone on a few hours later and get 3 messages from her saying 'TURN YOUR PHONE ON'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

After accidentally swallowing toothpaste when I was a nipper. The reply was:

"Sure, it'll clean yer insides......."

I still ponder that phrase to this day.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Kevin Bacon

Wasnt my parents who said this but some old landlord we used to have, but anyway the microwave was broke so we gave him a ring.

He called round the next day and after inspecting it for a moment suggested to us that the element was gone in it.

An element in a microwave wtf?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭magenta73

my mam has a bird feeder in her back garden and she had a sparrow that would eat from her hand untill one day a cat came into the garden and went for the sparrow and it never came back, but this is how she told it

well, me friend (the sparrow) was quiet happily eatin his seed, and then yer man (the cat) comes in like he own's the place and me friend got such a fright he ran up the down spout and I have'nt seen him since,

up the down spout, we still laugh at that today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭NedTermo

Fago_25 wrote: »
    I can't tell you hard I laughed at that.

Thanks.

Seconded

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

When asked what she was watching my mother replied,

"Its called Nowhere to run"

Yeah? and whats it about Ma?

"Well its about this girl...and shes nowhere to run"

Goddamn True Movies

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭NedTermo

About 5 or so years ago my friend’s father turned to me and said “Well, did you see me on the internet?”

I was taken aback a bit thinking I’d missed an email or something. I said “What are you talking about?”.

He goes “Theres a picture of me on the internet sure”.

I said, “Oh, no I didn’t see it now”. (Still puzzled).

He goes “Oh right, I thought you were on that fcuking thing the whole time.”

Hahaha.

Even now, he still says to me “Are you still working in the... with the... the computers?”

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭CommieBaz

Back when Bebo was all the rage, my mother asked me to set up an account for my little brother by saying: "Write to Mr Bebo and ask him if he'll accept your brother...."

:confused:

Advertisement