Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City Triathlon

Options
  • 23-08-2009 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭

Just wanted to confirm this.. looking at the cycle route linked off the website it looks like it runs counter-clockwise round the park, is that correct? (so up the kyber rd).

Also, it lists a cutoff time for the swim at 55mins, is that the only cutoff or is there one on the cycle too?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭kingQuez

Oh, strike the first question -- its answered on the page about the cycle route (it does go that route).

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭cantswim

kingQuez wrote: »

is that the only cutoff or is there one on the cycle too?

There are no other cut off times

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Does anyone know if the super sprint swim is upstream or down stream etc?

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the super sprint swim is upstream or down stream etc?

AFAIK its 300 up stream and 300 down stream. Briefing should be up next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Fitzilicious

nid edit: we've passed the date for entry transfers. Fitzilicious, you should read the charter before posting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

in before the lock........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ironjack

does anyone know if the run is on roads or cross country ???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭kingQuez

Seems to be cross country (? assuming thats what the trails about the phoenix park are considered, im not entirely sure what counts as cross country! ?) --

The routes are linked off the website. Here's the olympic one (hit the satellite view + zoom in):
    http://connect.garmin.com/page/activity/activity.faces;jsessionid=FB4B64BC84873FEA6A851C4F22261693?activityId=8672802&actionMethod=page%2Factivity%2Factivity.xhtml%3AuserSwitcher.switchSystem&cid=4612

its definitely cross country. looks mostly the same route as previous years with a bit added on to the lap to make it the right distance from those maps. Was a good bit short last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭potsy11

What did you think of DCT?

Really enjoyed the race. Good atmosphere at the start and finish and well marshalled.

The changes made to the course made a difference.

Really enjoyed the race.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 sliksurfer

I thought it wuz a great race and the timing system wuz incredible I'd barely finished and wuz able to get my results 10 mins aftr I finished. Only improvement I'd say would be the pontoon at the end of the swim. I smashed my knee off it and barely finished the run . Also does anyone know what the distance markers marked cuz in the sprint you passed the 5km mark well b4 the finish ???

sliksurfer wrote: »
    I thought it wuz a great race and the timing system wuz incredible I'd barely finished and wuz able to get my results 10 mins aftr I finished. Only improvement I'd say would be the pontoon at the end of the swim. I smashed my knee off it and barely finished the run . Also does anyone know what the distance markers marked cuz in the sprint you passed the 5km mark well b4 the finish ???
    the markers were for olympic race only (read it in briefing) and sprint guys took right pretty much straight away on wellington road where as olympic guys went around to the roundabout on the main road so had done more than sprint guys at that point. Sorry to hear about knee but not sure organisers can help it if you bang your knee off pontoon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Very disappointed with today. I swam well (23:50 or so) and headed off on the bike. I was making very good progress and passed about 10 people on the first 6km. Then at 6km while on a downhill and hitting 48.8km (according to my GPS) i hit something which sent me hurtling towards the verge. Luckily i slid along the grass and didn't come into contact with the road. I tried getting back up with some pain but found my tri bars had snapped off!! Quite sore now alright and a bit pee'd off with whatever happened. First crash on the TT bike and very frustrated now and luckily the damage to the bike doesn't seem too bad but looking at the results it makes me more frustrated as i could have picked up very good NS points today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭tagoona

Very hard luck Bambaata.
    At least you're okay!
    Keep an eye out the next 2-3 days for aches and pains. You may have done more damage than you realise.
    Now, as long as we know you're okay, how bad's the bike?

Poor form alright, if there was gravel/stones on the road.

tbh what i said yesterday could probably be taken with a pinch of salt. I realise they cant have the entire course stone free and it was largely perfect. Ankle and foot are just a little swollen with no aches or pains thankfully but i think i'll get it check out anyway.

Tri bars just snapped on the bike and havent had a chance to check it all out yet so hopefully its ok. At first glance it seems fine bar the bars.

There were a lot of fallers yesterday! One poor guy i saw at the ambulance was cut all over the shop

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭potsy11

yeah very good form from the OP. hopefully its owner reads here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ImAYesGirl

Anyone else notice the chip times seem a little odd...even for those who were in the top placings...some of the bike lap times are 00:00:00....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭MCOS

Bambaata sorry to hear about your fall dude, especially when you were motoring along! You done for the year now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

ImAYesGirl wrote: »
    Anyone else notice the chip times seem a little odd...even for those who were in the top placings...some of the bike lap times are 00:00:00....
    Could it be a chip that missed a lap on the bike, the next or previous lap should be twice as long as you expect in that case. It happenes sometimes on bikes if you happen to pass over the mat with the chip ankle at 12 o'clock position i.e. relatively far from the mat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 black guillemot

lost chip... manual timing. Happened me in IM Zurich last year. No splits!

MCOS wrote: »
    Bambaata sorry to hear about your fall dude, especially when you were motoring along! You done for the year now?

Hopefully not. I've entered tri an mhi's event which is in two weeks but my ankle isnt looking good. I'll give it some time off and get it checked out but training wont happen before it if i can even do it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Bambaata, just read about your ankle. Sending healing vibes your way (or will offer to swap you one bad ankle for a gammy connemara infected toe?)

haha thank HM! And i'll pass on the toe, for another few days anyway but if it turns out to be bad i'll get back to you ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ImAYesGirl

Could it be a chip that missed a lap on the bike, the next or previous lap should be twice as long as you expect in that case. It happenes sometimes on bikes if you happen to pass over the mat with the chip ankle at 12 o'clock position i.e. relatively far from the mat.

hmmm didnt know that it could happen.. interesting.

thanks

I did the sprint distance. Overall im happy enough, altho I was 159th slowest on the swim which reflects my lack of pool time over the last few months. Very wobbly in T1, enjoyed bike course, felt it was over too quickly, run a bitch with the hills, combined with stones in my running shoes and weird pains in my sides?. 60th overall which im happy about considering I was trying to get off night shift and got about 2 hrs kip.

Some pics from the day...

5 more...

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭messed_up

There seems like an awful lot of DNF's in the results posted. Is this down purely to the problems with the timing mats or were there a lot of drop-outs?

Looked like an enjoyable race from what I saw and the weather held off too until later on in the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Bambaata wrote: »
    There were a lot of fallers yesterday! One poor guy i saw at the ambulance was cut all over the shop

When you put that many teds on a course, there will be alot of crashes.

Looked like a fantastically organised race.

Advertisement