Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reg/orientation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Skapoot

Yea I've got a 7000 euro bill for my troubles of going back to college. Did a course when I was fresh outta the womb of secondary school 4 years ago in CIT. Hated it and dropped out after a few months. Didn't think much of it at the time until January this year. Gutting.

Anyway I've orientation on Friday. I'm still waiting on a loan to be OK'd by bank so at the moment I have no money to pay for registration. What should I do? The banks reckon it'll be another 3 weeks before anything gets to me. :confused:

Yep Im startin again too. "Fresh out of the womb" two years ago.

Had to pay 5070 altogether, but I'm paying it in halves. If thats any easier for you? paying half now and half in January...

Id say go into your credit union and get a loan. They wont **** you around, interest is great and they give it to you when you need it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

what time is the earliest you could leave at.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Mario007

wait till ya register, but i'd advise you to wait for the academic presentation in the afternoon for your timetable etc, which means you'lll have to be there for the whole thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I'd say you should stay until you officially register. Then leave after that if you don't feel like going on a library tour or listening to a lecture on plagarism :D

what time would be 1. be finished regestering and 2 finished completly

• Advertisement

what time would be 1. be finished regestering and 2 finished completly

1. Finished registring is when you receive your student card. You also get a load of freebies like the ones mentioned above.

2. finished completely depends on your course. For Arts on Friday it was half 4 I think but I left at about 3:45. There was a lecture on how to take notes and how to reference. If you don't know how then you should stay for it. I didn't bother.

im doin arts too. where is the best place to park for monday. also what part of ucc should i go to.

im doin arts too. where is the best place to park for monday. also what part of ucc should i go to.

I haven't a clue about parking, sorry :o. I'm sure you'll find a spot along the way.

On Friday everybody was just outside the library which is pretty much the centre of the campus. Just hang around there. :D

Oh yeah, be sure to get there before 9. Trust me. You don't want to be late and then having to find out where all the 1st years are gone to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

looking forward to tomorrow, hopefully all of my fellow mature students wont be 50 year old men ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

looking forward to tomorrow, hopefully all of my fellow mature students wont be 50 year old men ;)

I'm 24. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 jonny ambition

And I'm 23! :cool:

Have my orientation tomorrow but could someone tell me where the hell i'm meant to go to first when I get on campus. Is it signposted or anything like that?

Have my orientation tomorrow but could someone tell me where the hell i'm meant to go to first when I get on campus. Is it signposted or anything like that?

go to the boole basement, there you'll get assigned to your groups, will get your pack and have the welcome reception as such.

Mario007 wrote: »
    go to the boole basement, there you'll get assigned to your groups, will get your pack and have the welcome reception as such.

I'm assuming there will be signs/notices up?

where is the best place to park

also how do you being proof of payment if you paid by laser card

also how do you being proof of payment if you paid by laser card

you should have gotten an email from ucc i think. print that out. with regards to parking you can park in ucc but its damn expensive.

i got no email.

could someone help the dude here? cos my parents registered me since i was away and i can't exactly help him and it seems pretty urgent

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

when you paid, a page saying sucess came up and codes and batch numbers on it. if you have this printed this is your proof of payment.

• Advertisement

i have a page with confirmation of registration

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

also on reg day they can check on the computer for you as it will say when it recieved your payment

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

i have a page with confirmation of registration

that should be grand so.

They never asked me for a proof of payment. I just handed them my confirmation of registration letter and they said that was fine :D

I had to show them my passport because I wanted to get my name changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Flash88

Anyone know where I can go pick up my ID card?
    I wasn't given mine when I had Reg part 2 as I hadn't paid my tuition fees at the time(wasn't aware I had to pay them) but just paid up there.They said I could collect it when I had it paid.

Sent them an email but its too late to ring now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭deisedude

Flash88 wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can go pick up my ID card?
    I wasn't given mine when I had Reg part 2 as I hadn't paid my tuition fees at the time(wasn't aware I had to pay them) but just paid up there.They said I could collect it when I had it paid.

Sent them an email but its too late to ring now.

Go to the Student Records and Examination office

Heres the link http://www.ucc.ie/en/records-exams/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Flash88

Brilliant boy , nice one!

Anyone know if we get a personalised timetable as such? Or do we just use the normal program timetable and work out our own subjects from that? Nothing was mentioned to me today about timetables at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Nova_era

In all of your initial lectures, you'll be told where and when your lectures will be. Some departments will print up a timetable personal to that (your) class, while others will expect you to note the times and venues.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

what groups were you guys in today? i was group G...

Advertisement